• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Falcon

Rachman

be water my friend
Purpose: To demonstrate the potential ridiculousness of Captain Falcon if developed further. Also, to shameless emulate Kadano to further the development and my personal understanding of the game, ostensibly through Captain Falcon. It is very likely the thread takes a different path/approach than Kadano's however many similar concepts will likely be lifted from his.

(Kadano's thread/inspiration for this thread : http://smashboards.com/threads/337035/)

Other post(s) I have made outside of this thread worth reading:
Hurtbox Manipulation in Micro-spacing situations (Dash back vs dwd back): http://smashboards.com/threads/hurtbox-manipulation-in-micro-spacing-situations.412505/
Tech Chasing and Ways to Practice/Improve at it: https://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-train-your-tech-chasing.445518/

Puff: Nair turnaround utilt v Falcon (enough hitstun at 29% before hit and on) http://imgur.com/a/W5tCQ#0

Sheik: Max distance dash back (w/ pivot) http://imgur.com/a/DQaXy#0
Dwd into buffered turnaround http://imgur.com/a/7lHRz#10
Max range boost grab http://imgur.com/a/aTSIb#0

Cool stuff: ikneedata.com

Fantastic posts by SoapSuds:
Angles and knockback of every falcon move http://smashboards.com/threads/falcon-hitbox-properties.405758/
Falcon PC drop data vs other characters PC drop http://smashboards.com/threads/falcons-ledge-grab-options.403745
The exact frame data to getting gentlemans in ntsc http://smashboards.com/threads/frame-data-the-way-gentleman-works.394171/

Kadano posts:
Shield drop input methods and mechanics: http://smashboards.com/posts/19560675
Moonwalking: http://smashboards.com/threads/captain-falcon-moonwalk-guide-challenges.413291/
uthrow follow ups on Falco: http://smashboards.com/threads/captain-falcon’s-uthrow-followups-on-falco.364342/

As Falcon:

Scar jump:

When testing in debug, I could scar jump with the following inputs
Frame 1: Let go of ledge by pressing back (on c stick if done in real time)
Frames 2-8: Hold towards stage
Frame 9: Input wall jump

This was not tested extremely scientifically and there is a very large chance ECB manipulation can alter the findings in a meaningful way. I grabbed the ledge by a simple analog backwards short hop on Yoshi's so as to have my findings apply to as many as possible.

Images for those they may help
The following image is the frame the wall jump is input
Short hop distances:

Falcon, as a character, likes to jump a lot and can jump very far. However, proper control of the exact distance has only been begun to be explored very recently. First, let's understand the mechanics at work.

First off, "analog" jumping. On the second to last jumpsquat frame the game reads the position of the analog stick on what would be the x-axis on a coordinate plane
in order to essentially determine the initial velocity (speed and direction) of your jump. Also, it determines whether you do the forwards/backwards variety of jumping which is surprisingly relevant for things such as NIL, hurtbox distortion and the like.

An analog jump backwards with no drift (stick in neutral all airborne frames) is shown in the second picture below and a jump with solely drift is shown in the third picture. The first image is the starting point.

If we combine this analog jump with full drift as well as 2 frames of dashing in order to build up momentum we can travel outstanding distances, as seen below.
The most important part to note is that means you can short hop to any distance in between the starting and that point with only 2 frames of dashing beforehand! That means any distance between them can be reached with enough practice, allowing for massive variation and control over Falcon's location at any given frame.

In addition, combining momentum with different analog jumps, shield stops, pivots, differing amounts of aerial drift, and other mechanics allows for the ability to control the distance of your past the point where it may seem intuitively possible to do so.

It is also worth noting the potential use of analog jumping in distorting your hurtbox/making it harder to be hit. If you analog jump backwards you essentially hide parts of your hurtbox that would otherwise be out in front easy to hit. So a minor analog jump backwards into full drift forwards allows you to approach with something like a late uair that could otherwise be incredibly unsafe to move forward with.

For an example, compare this
To this
There are countless uses for all of this and I've only documented a comparatively tiny amount of what is possible with this amazing technology.

Ledge options (WIP!):

Falcon has at least 3 ways of stalling on the ledge/refreshing ledge invincibility fully invincibly. RLD can be performed at least 2 ways though, so depending on one's definition of what makes stalls different it can be even more than 3.

Ledge hop fast fall stall: Basically what it sounds like. Let go of the ledge, dj, fast fall to it. The basic, refresh that you'll see Hax use even with Fox now. Personally I believe it unnecessarily riskier than the option below but it IS technically fully invincible if done correctly.
Kadano gif:
Drop down DJ sweetspot stall: Basically, fast fall off ledge and then DJ to sweetspot the ledge. Personally the option I recommend to refresh invincibility (I prefer to RLD/Reverse Ledgedash as a ledge stall however) as being a few frames off is not nearly as risky as the previous option as you are still sweetspotting the ledge and therefore harder to hit. Very useful so you can gain full invicibility to do a strong option such as beginning an RLD stall, a ledgedash, an invincible ledge hop aerial, or something of that nature.

Kadano gif:
Haxdash/Reverse Ledgedash:
Simply ledge hop onto the stage drifting fully onto it, waveland backwards and then fast fall to ledge. Contrary to popular belief the only frame perfect input is letting go of ledge. On the very first frame you can let go of ledge you have 29 frames of invincibility. Also, you cannot grab the ledge until 29 frames after you let go of it, essentially meaning that you must let go of the ledge on the very first possible frame in order to remain fully invincible. Even if you are hit out of it, you maintain your DJ, making it much safer than being hit out of other ledge stalls. In addition, it is very difficult to react to when you are stalling and when you are doing a different option, which is only exacerbated the longer you stall. Please note that it is especially relevant for this and SHFFLing that there is a 3 frame buffer on fast falling. Once you understand this, it is much easier to perform hax dashes and perfect SHFFLs

Kadano's gif of the method I recommend:
Kadano gif of "riskiest" hax dash (does not require fast fall):
Do not limit your imagination to what is shown here as Falcon's ledge options are incredible and can be combined for amazing results. An example is shown here.

Recovery:
Falcon's recovery isn't the best but it is underrated. There are a number of options, I'll try and catalog some of the lesser used ones here.

Reverse Ledge cancel Up B:
Displayed by n0ne here, this allows you to avoid many rinse repeat/option coverage set ups provided you get enough height to begin drifting backwards while over stage.

Amsah teching/slide offs:
Basically utilizing falcon's weight combined with the asdi down mechanic to allow for insane survivability. This concept is two fold, one is teching in place or missing the tech to allow for you to "slide off" vs common moves like Fox bair and both avoid being comboed whilst avoid dying. However, at high %s this is way too risky as you'll simply go too far off stage. This is where Amsah teching comes into play. My attempt at a gfycat is here to show what amsah teching looks like.

Retreating hitboxes (WIP!):

Fox for scale*

Retreating bair:
Retreating nair:

Retreating knee/fair:
Retreating dair:

Tech chasing (WIP!):
(Gfycats courtesy of @ SoapSuds SoapSuds )

Falco gfycats:

http://gfycat.com/ImpoliteEuphoricIrukandjijellyfish
http://gfycat.com/OrganicObviousBasenji
http://gfycat.com/SpectacularAlertKittiwake

Fox gfycats:

http://gfycat.com/FrayedSnarlingIrrawaddydolphin
http://gfycat.com/PracticalVainAmericanbobtail
http://gfycat.com/BrokenOrderlyFirefly

When fighting any of the three fast fallers (Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon), a Falcon may find himself at a loss for what to do with a grab. After all, when Falcon gets a grab, especially after ~40%, most characters will find themselves at least taking an uair and then being positionally disadvantaged vs Falcon. This is a very bad thing for opponents and a very good thing for Falcon. However, against these 3 characters proper DI tends to remove these sorts of guaranteed follow ups in exchange for tech chases, where you use your excellent speed to punish whatever wake up option they choose. This can be done on prediction or reaction but reaction is preferable if one can do it consistently as it is essentially guaranteed.

Instant DJ vs FH to cover BF platforms

*comparison pics here*

An instant dj will put you at effectively the perfect height to aerial over a platform and immediately land. This allows you to cover multiple/all* options with an instant dj nair, dj knee or a multitude of other options. Also, using it in combos allows you cover heights below that of a typical FH but you are not at enough of a frame advantage to FH FF!

%s to CC get up attacks:

This is copy and pasted from a reddit post I made like a few months ago (for some reason the thread got deleted).

One thing I love to do as Falcon is crouch cancel anyone's get-up attack when they're knocked down. Usually at lower percents I CC the get-up attack into a dash grab or hard knee into grab, against spacies I'll just keep grabbing them out of CC until I feel like stomping or something lol and if they're at high/kill percent I'll just knee them out of the CC especially if you're near the ledge. It just adds another option to Falcon's tech-chase game, punishing the get-up attack makes the opponent think twice about using it again; plus there are stubborn smashers who refuse to pick any other option besides get-up attack lol here are the percentages for SOME of the characters:

Fox/Falco/Sheik/Marth/CF/Doc/Pika/Popo - you can CC all these characters get-up attacks until 106%, so if you try to CC at 107% then you will get knocked down

Peach - 143%

Puff - 81%

These percentages could be right, they could be wrong. This is what I got from testing it out like once last year and I've been using these numbers ever since, try testing it out for yourselves.
- Courtesy of Smashboards user Aceflight Aceflight

Falco:

Important ASDI down %s (when Falcon's moves begin to knock down Falco)

Nair 25%

Bair 20%

Fair 7%

Dair 0%

Uair 32% (If you get strongest hitbox)

3rd hit of Gentlemen 46%

Important ASDI down %s (when Falco's moves knock down Falcon)

Strong bair (first 4 frames) 39%

Weak bair 74%

Strong nair (first 4 frames) 43%

Weak nair 74%

Utilt 23%

DD grabbing AC bair:

It is common for Falcos to use AC (autocancel) bairs to space out Falcon. What can Falcon do about this? For reference, these are the different ranges you will ever see Falco's AC bair strong hitbox be.

Here is an example of the quickest possible AC strong bair hitbox (first frame of the strong hitbox of a bair done the very first airborne frame)

Here is the latest possible strong bair hitbox (last strong hitbox frame of the latest possible AC bair)
Regardless, having an AC bair being spaced vs you is a potential sight for any Falcon fighting a Falco. Initially, it may appear to be difficult to punish but it can actually be fairly easily dash dance grabbed! Take for instance this image

This shows a Falco spacing a bair with our hero Falcon spaced almost perfect outside its range. Does this seem like a tricky situation for you if you were in Falcon's position? Because this bair can actually be grabbed regardless of Falco's decisions besides deciding to do an AC bair at that position with ~8-9 frames of leniency depending on a few factors. Even though Falco's AC bair may only have normal landing lag (4 frames), he can actually be grabbed out of the air in this situation as so.

(I apologize for the horrible choice of Yoshi's for this demonstration. My eyes hurt as well looking at it)
Falco will be grabbed on the next frame and then presumably will have his tech roll stomp/kneed on reaction by our Captain Falcon. As it turns out, DD grabbing spaced AC bairs is merely a matter of proper execution and with some practice should be successful the vast, vast majority of the time.

Spatial control:

The first thing to realize is that utilt and bair have approximately the same effective range. Yes, Falco can use our aerial drift and analog jumping technology but it is nowhere close to as effective for Falco as it is for Falcon. Therefore we can generally expect the effective ranges to look something like
Both of those images have both characters standing in the exact same places. So, as you can imagine staying just outside of that range is likely to be extremely strong, especially as Falco cannot laser at anywhere close to this distance (pictured below) without risking massive punishment.
In addition, any movement towards Falcon by Falco at all also loses to or trades with standing or analog/drift back aerials, with a trade of course generally being massively in Falcon's favor due to causing tech chases at relatively early %s, each % simply mattering more to Falco, and a multitude of other factors. (Note: Knee is significantly less likely to directly beat out any forward moving Falco hitbox but is more likely to lead to a massively beneficial trade. Also note that the pictures aerials are done in place. Analog/drift back retreating aerials are more likely to directly beat out Falco's forward moving hitbox)
Punishing u-tilt (WIP!):

ASDI down grab:
If you are beneath 23% Falco's utilt can simply be ASDI ed down and grabbed for a relatively free punish.
On shield:
If Falco lands a properly spaced utilt on shield, even shield di towards Falco does not put Falcon close enough to shield grab him.
The only guaranteed punish out of shield if you cannot shield grab utilt for whatever reason, is an analog jump forward instant uair
However, this is a 2 frame window so unless you are well practiced in acting perfectly out of utilt shield stun, it is generally going to be best to try to shield DI less than perfectly spaced up tilts in in order to get a shield grab, try to read something like a second utilt or whatever option the opponent prefers to do after the utilt and beat that as you DO have a significant frame advantage, or be content to WD oos and reset to a more neutral situation/keep the pressure on depending on the situation. Of course, this is likely something that can be practiced and perfected. What I'll presently do usually is actually WD Down OOS, because that will make a second utilt or bair whiff and give me a free punish.

ASDI down v Shield stop punish (WIP!):

If Falcon is hit by a strong nair by a spacie and is low enough % to ASDI down it, he is actionable 4 frames after hitlag.

Laser counterplay (WIP!):

Here is a very very rough image of approximately how high Falcon's SH nair goes (essentially stolen from Kadano until I make my own variation which will be more useful/accurate for Falcon)

Now that you can see that Falcon's SH nair makes his hurtbox essentially at the upper half of Marth's head and higher. You can compare that to his low profile when dashing

As you can see, there is a stark difference and no laser can cover both heights, creating a potential 50/50 Falco is forced to make whenever Falcon is anywhere near Falco if he wishes to shoot a SHL. Also, note the large time before a SHL is actually out. It's actually long enough to Falcon to be standing still here.

And get to here by the time Falco can shoot a laser

Or do something like this to the poor bird

In addition, CCing a laser reduces the total hitlag+hitstun from 12 frames to 7. The lowest possible laser that Falco can shoot without risking the 50/50 of Falcon simply nairing over it leaves Falco at a frame disadvantage to a Falcon in shield (this can be difficult to set up as generally being stuck in your shield vs Falco is a difficult situation to be in if he knows you are shielding even though Falco's grab follow ups are generally limited to positional advantage) or CCing the lasers. If the Falco fails to respect this 50/50, the distance Falcon can cover in the time it takes Falco to get a SHL out has already been demonstrated and therefore means Falco either gets a minimal frame advantage/actually a small frame disadvantage and 2-3% in damage on Falcon if he's correct, or Falcon gets a knockdown and potentially a highly damaging/killing sequence in the ensuing tech chase.

Jab Reset:

If Falco lands on his back jab 1 must be beginning on frame 20 after Falco bounces on the ground in missed tech or input on frame 19 in order to hit him. If he lands on his stomach it is later but given that it is effectively random in that you will not accurately and consistently predict which side he'll land on. Therefore, your jab reset must come out frame 20 or sooner to ensure it will hit. Note that many players are escaping jab resets if you rely on them, waiting/crouching on top of an opponent's missed tech and reacting to their eventual get up option is the preferred option of many tech chasers.

Marth:

WIP Flowchart off grab:

0-31% D-throw. Off of dthrow you can regrab any DI away (including down and away as proven in my thread here for those curious) and previously I have reacted to DI in with sh nair. However, this may be hard for some. An easier way may be to simply nair off of dthrow and if it fails to connect you still have a guaranteed, fairly easy tech chase set up. Finally, I have seen others always regrab and simply pivot grab for DI in. I have not tested how guaranteed that is and would greatly appreciate @gravy 's input on that.

31-65~% Uthrow uair. Nothing much else to say. Follow di in more aerials or a regrab into another uthrow uair. Pretty easy stuff

65-90~% Uthrow knee. Pretty free if you just believe in it honestly. Sometimes I'll go for an uair knee if I know knee won't kill but honestly just take the knee. Your edge guards against Marth are relatively free as far as Falcon edge guards go.

~95%+ D throw knee. I go for dthrow knee here because DI away seems to make me settle for uair when I uthrow. Haven't tested this much since I'm not usually worried about any Marth I play living this long usually but it is something I should work on

Shield pressuring:

Marth has very limited OOS options, here I will discuss how to defeat the commonly attempted (and should be foolish) shield grab against Falcon's aerials on shield.

If Falcon ever lands frame neutral (+0) in front of Marth's shield, he can either dash away from a shield grab like so

Or dash through Marth like this (Marth is the one grabbing)

Potential ways to land frame neutral against shield include late uair
and late knee/fair. This is actually +1 on shield when unstaled meaning that you can act out of landing lag 1 frame before Marth can act out of shield stun. Essentially, this gives you one more frame to work with/mess up and still have the same things be guaranteed.
It is worth noting that if Falcon has port priority late uair-> grab beats shield grab from Marth and late knee -> grab beats Marth's shield grab regardless of ports.

Of course, a well-spaced nair into dash away is safe on even Marth's shield grab.
Dthrow follow ups:

It has long been accepted that the "correct" flowchart for comboing Marth off a dthrow involved nairing DI in, tech chasing down and away DI, and regrabbing DI in between that. However, a regrab is actually guaranteed on 315 degree/down and away DI vs Marth at 0 as demonstrated in the images below (hopefully soon to be a gif/gfycat)
In this case, Falcon dashed for 7 frames before JC grabbing Marth

Fox:

ASDI down %s (when Falcon's moves knock Fox down):

Nair (2nd hit) 24%

Bair 19%

Fair 6%

Dair 0%

Uair 31% (If you get strongest hitbox)

3rd hit of Gentleman 46%

Important ASDI down %s vs Fox (when Fox's move knock Falcon down):

Strong bair (first 4 frames) 39%

Weak bair 74%

Strong nair (first 4 frames) 43%

Weak nair 74%

Strong utilt 16%

Weak utilt 26%

Peach:

Important ASDI down %s (when Falcon's moves send Peach into tumble/knock Peach down):

3rd hit Gentleman 50%

Uair 35%

Bair 22%

Nair (2nd hit) 27%

Dair 1%

Fair 8%

How to dumpster Peach off a dthrow at 0% (courtesy of the frame god Magus):

If Peach DIs the d-throw in at 0% they can just hold up against a SH n-air to avoid the 2nd hit without even needing to SDI it. It's the type of situation that's great for the FJ or instant DJ to FF n-air I was talking about before though. Even if they SDI the 1st kick it'll still get the 2nd hit if you do it right.

Off a grab at like 0-10ish, if they DI the FJ-FF/IDJ-FF n-air low you can FJ double u-air, and if they DI the n-air high you can FJ double u-air or if they were at almost 0 when you grabbed you could also SHFFL u-air to FJ double u-air. When she's at around 20+% she can't n-air between the u-airs in a FJ double u-air, and d-throw->FJ/IDJ FF n-air gets her to that percent and in the right position for it when they DI the throw high at very low damage.

___ DI N-Air High -> FJ Dbl U-Air _____ DI N-Air High -> SHFFL U-Air -> FJ Dbl U-Air

_

____ DI N-Air Low -> FJ Dbl U-Air

____ U-Air -> Not Enough Hitstun

Grab on Peach below 15%
You can try to regrab if they DI the throw low until like 30/40ish, though it's not entirely guaranteed and it's possible to DJ/wiggle to airdodge away to escape if they DI it low enough.

If they DI to be just above regrab height you can space a SH n-air since it has more vertical range at his feet, but if they SDI it up (holding up doesn't work) they'll still be able to avoid the 2nd hit. If they do this I don't think you can really do any good followups on the throw at very low damage that lead into more things besides maybe weird stuff like a pivot b-air, or IDJ d-air over her into a techchase (you go over n-air range). If you try to FJ/IDJ FF n-air the 1st kick will go over them and miss so you can't use that.

An u-air off a d-throw at 0% at best has you getting out of lcancel lag at the same time she gets out of stun (gif at the bottom), so you'd need to space it and then try to work around what she does afterwards to get something else in. If she DI's the u-air low off a grab at around like 10 or so you should be to get a JC grab off, though if she DI's the u-air high you can't hit her.

Grab on Peach after 15%
U-air actually has some stun at this point so out of the throw you can start to u-air->regrab/FJ dbl u-air, or straight FJ dbl u-air depending on DI. Don't bother with n-air since if they DI it high at this damage you won't get as much off it as you would an u-air.
It is worth noting that uair should be substituted for nair whenever there are enough frames to still continue the combo as nair can and is SDI ed by many better players. Still, nair is likely worth going for in this particular situation as the potential damage that can be inflicted is devastating to say the least.

Sheik:

(Gravy's) Sheik data: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6WQf0mbyOU4TEtad2haUVcwdDQ/view . Probably more accurate than my testing

WIP Flowchart off grab:

0-37% Dthrow regrab/tech chase. DI in you regrab DI away you tech chase. One trick I use is buffer the dthrow no pummel the first dthrow to catch them DIing in for a free regrab on players not super aware of what to do v Falcon. This'll get me about halfway through the 0-37% range which is the part that Sheik is so hard to hit hard due to limited grab follow ups and CC. Also, she's much harder to tech chase than say Marth.

*24-37 Uthrow nair on no-> slight DI. Why do this when it's not guaranteed afaik? Because you can make Sheik explode if you landed something like grab at 24 uthrow nair uair regrab uthrow uair etc. I don't know my opinion on this but it's something worth knowing if you're a crazy man who doesn't wanna mess around with trying to cg/tech chase Sheik.

37-65% Uthrow uair. This is actually really hard. It is only a true combo on all DIs if you perform it frame perfectly (maybe a 2 frame window?) so acting out of uthrow frame perfectly is a massively important skill in this mu. In general, even Gravy isn't perfect but being pretty close is going to cut it in practice. Still, learn to be perfect so when you get nervous you're still good enough (I'm being a hypocrite as I haven't practiced this yet)

65-85% Uthrow knee is not a true combo on any DI I tested. HOWEVER, it beats or trades with any option I found Sheik to be able to do (catches DJ, beats/trades with frame perfect nair in every test I did on neutral di-> full in). Away DI is your bane and generally going to result in you having to accept uair or try to bait out a reaction and punish it.

85%+ Uthrow knee on no-> in DI is a true combo and away DI results in you effectively accepting uair as far as I can tell.

Being Jab Reset:
At 38% prehit vs an unstaled jab1 from Sheik (42% post hit is how the game calculates it) you can buffer a get up attack or roll out of a jab reset instead of being forced into a slow get up.

At 29% prehit vs an unstaled jab1 from Sheik (33% post hit is how the game calculates it) you can simply ASDI up instead of SDI ing in order to avoid being reset.

SDI can get you out of the tech chase even earlier of course but having options not reliant on your personal level of execution in a stressful tournament environment is likely to be a large boon to those wishing to escape Sheik tech chases in the future.

Fox:

If you do a dashing cross up stomp, dashing into an analog forward full drift forwards no fast fall dair, even if you hit the top of Fox's shield it is relatively easy to avoid counter attacks out of shield. This includes bair OOS as shown below.

Last edited:

Rachman

be water my friend
Saving this post (I see people do this on threads like this so I apologize if this is against the rules). Any mistakes/room for improvement please tell me ASAP, I'd like to get at much of this done before I head back up to university and actually have things to do outside of Smash theory/frame data.

He-Man1

Smash Rookie
Awesome stuff! If you have time you should test ways to beat falco's ledgehop doublelaser (maybe it's possible to cc into a ground move?) and what to do about autocancel bair spam on the front of your shield.

Captain JOHN

Smash Cadet
NNID
DatCarl
Amazing stuff, Furta! I see nowhere to improve on this cause its pretty much perfect. However, I believe that this kind of stuff would also be helpful against the likes of Marth + Shiek (marth was touched upon a little bit but not too much).

Rachman

be water my friend
Amazing stuff, Furta! I see nowhere to improve on this cause its pretty much perfect. However, I believe that this kind of stuff would also be helpful against the likes of Marth + Shiek (marth was touched upon a little bit but not too much).
I'm just getting started

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I like this thread. I'll probably come back here with some data or just some insight when I feel like I want to contribute something.

Aceflight

Smash Cadet
This is copy and pasted from a reddit post I made like a few months ago (for some reason the thread got deleted).

One thing I love to do as Falcon is crouch cancel anyone's get-up attack when they're knocked down. Usually at lower percents I CC the get-up attack into a dash grab or hard knee into grab, against spacies I'll just keep grabbing them out of CC until I feel like stomping or something lol and if they're at high/kill percent I'll just knee them out of the CC especially if you're near the ledge. It just adds another option to Falcon's tech-chase game, punishing the get-up attack makes the opponent think twice about using it again; plus there are stubborn smashers who refuse to pick any other option besides get-up attack lol here are the percentages for SOME of the characters:

Fox/Falco/Sheik/Marth/CF/Doc/Pika/Popo - you can CC all these characters get-up attacks until 106%, so if you try to CC at 107% then you will get knocked down

Peach - 143%

Puff - 81%

These percentages could be right, they could be wrong. This is what I got from testing it out like once last year and I've been using these numbers ever since, try testing it out for yourselves.

Last edited:

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
I love this thread. I've been thinking about making a thread just like this myself but never did it. Anyway, I've been putting up stuff that should probably go in here for a little while, and I'd LOVE to help you out with high quality gifs and research. HMU in a private message or something.

Here is all the stuff I've posted.

Angles and knockback of every falcon move http://smashboards.com/threads/falcon-hitbox-properties.405758/
Falcon PC drop data vs other characters PC drop http://smashboards.com/threads/falcons-ledge-grab-options.403745
The exact frame data to getting gentlemans in ntsc http://smashboards.com/threads/frame-data-the-way-gentleman-works.394171/

Thanks for making it dude, I'll definitely keep my eyes on it.

Coyle

Smash Cadet
What is the hitbox priority of Falcon's nipple spike?
It's the 3rd registered hitbox. So if either of his leg hitboxes hit the opponent before/at the same time, then they will register instead. The only difference between his nipple spike hitbox and the others is the angle that it sends the opponents, which is at 290°. The others are 270°.

Attributes shared by all 3 d-air hitboxes
Active frames: 16 to 20
Damage: 16
Base Knockback: 40
Knockback Growth: 100
Weight Based Knockback: 0
Clang value: 3

For explanation of clang values see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOlQv-9S1zE

Rachman

be water my friend
I will also be including parts of my new "combo" thread in this thread as I deem it necessary. Hopefully nobody finds it too redundant. Very excited to get back into smash/smashboards!

Rachman

be water my friend
Been inactive in smash for a year or so due to a number of personal problems mostly related to health, getting back into it and plan on going tryhard on improvement for the first time very soon.

Orders of business:

1.) Ledge options, perfect ledge hop nair etc
2.) Neutral game vs top 4, calling out DDs, fox bair, sheik ftilt, unreactable run up grab etc
3.) Edgeguards vs Spacies (when to weak knee uair, low % gimps with weak knee (NTSC), reactable up bs, low upbs etc)
4.) Power of dash back after moves into whiff punish, when is raptor boost necessary because dash back isn't fast enough

Beginning the grind next week, I'd like any other suggestions but mainly going to orient my thread around things I find useful. Hopefully people still remember this thread

The biggest thing I need help with is actually probably formatting the thread. I have no idea how I should do that especially if I intend on adding to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom