• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Dream: Disney Smash Bros. Project

Which attraction should we include?

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

I feel buyout characters should wait till DLC if we do them. And should limit them to a certain number. It would be easy to fill the roster with star wars and marvel characters and as much as I love both those franchises I think it's more interesting to pull from core Disney, wnana try and get some lesser known picks in there (pulling for the horned king.)

Kermit the frog should absolutely be in though,

Last edited by a moderator:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Unless there is an overwhelming amount of support to add Fox-related newcomers, I think it’s best to focus on the core Disney franchises with a few oddballs and save dlc for the more “Disney-connected” ones such as Disney Channel, Marvel, Star Wars, plus some of the Disney IPs that we missed out on.

In other words, I’m pretty icy against add Simpsons, Family Guy, Muppets, etc into this Disney game. It eliminates the magic that is Disney. But that’s just my take and I’m sure there are those that would disagree.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
In other words, I’m pretty icy against add Simpsons, Family Guy, Muppets, etc into this Disney game. It eliminates the magic that is Disney. But that’s just my take and I’m sure there are those that would disagree.
I agree with Family Guy and the Simpsons for the most part as they haven't been associated with Disney for a long time

But the Muppets have been a part of Disney for a long time now.

Anyways, Here is a Mickey Mouse Moveset

• Normals
    • Jab - Mickey Slaps forwards
    • Forward - Mickey slashes with a sword (This sword has the same stats but the sword itself could be a: Broadsword, Rapier, Cutlass, Lightsaber, or Keyblade)
    • Backward - Mickey faces forwards and spins Steamboat willies steering wheel in a circle around him dealing damage.
    • Upward - Mickey Headbutts upwards
    • Downward - Mickey crouches on the ground and kicks

• Aerials
    • Neutral -Mickey cheerfully spins around
    • Forward - FUNNY AERIAL: Mickey Punches downwards
    • Backward - Mickey shoots a cone of water out of a hose behind him
    • Upward - Mickey brings up a Drum Major Mace
    • Downward - Mickey slices downward with the Paintbrush from EPIC MICKEY

• Throws
    • Forward - Mickey kicks the opponent forwards
    • Backward - Pluto bites the opponent and launches them backwards
    • Upward - Mickey slaps the opponent with a golf club launching them upwards
    • Downward - Toodles from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse drops a safe on the opponent grounding them

• Heart Attacks
    • Forward - Car/Plane Crazy: On the ground Mickey drives a car forwards, this is similar to Wario's Bike in smash. In the Air Mickey gets into a plane and can move in 8 directions in the air, the blade deals damage.
    • Backward - Pluto: Mickey calls pluto who runs forwards, once he reaches the edge of the stage he runs back to mickey, Pluto deals damage to anyone he runs into
    • Upward - Mickey and the Beanstalk: A Beanstalk appears from underneath mickey and he climbs it.
    • Downward - Sorcerer's Apprentice: Mickey puts on the Sorcerer's Hat and commands a broomstick to dump a bucket of water forwards, the longer you hold the attack the larger the bucket is, the water deals minimal damage buts some decent knockback.

• Dream Heart Attack
    • Level 1 - Earful Tower: The Earful Tower from Hollywood Studios appears in the middle of the stage spinning around dealing damage to opponents that touch it
    • Level 2 - Silly Symphony: Mickey conducts a giant tornado of Music instruments and music notes that tears through the stage dealing damage
    • Level 3 - M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E: A Giant Mickey Mouse club logo appears above mickey and anyone hit is thrown into a custcene where mickey dons a drum major outfit and the sorcerer's hat and leads a large army of instruments and animals in a band into the opponents where they take damage.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #5: Submit a Disney-based Item
Please submit an item that is found in one of Disney’s mainline movies. These would be considered the classics. While we will be accepting Pixar related ones in the future, for now, let’s keep it to the classics. Mickey Mouse and Frozen is acceptable. When submitting, please post the picture
  • Picture​
  • name​
  • what movie its from​
  • what class it is (you can view the list of classes on the front page)​
  • What does the item do​
Mickey Mouse moveset submissions are still open!

Last edited:
Job 5:
Potion (Emperor's New Groove)
(I Can't send pictures, so you can just look it up for design)

A Status/Throwable item. When thrown at Someone, foe turns into Animal for while.
Examples, how animals are appearing depending on Character:

Mickey Mouse: Pluto - Bites and Scratches enemy.
Elsa: Sven - Attacks with Charge move.

This Item could represent Emperor's New Groove movie itself.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the Frozen stage submissions!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Elsa’s Ice Palace1 (3)1 (2)16
Arendelle (Cashregister)02 (2)04
Enchanted Forest0000
Arendelle (Venus)1 (3)1 (2)27
Ice Palace (W3)2 (6)017

The winner is Wario Wario Wario’s Ice Palace. While it is a tie, I don’t want to do a tiebreaker so I am awarding the Ice Palace as a win.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Jumbo Pop (Zootopia)
Item Class: Melee
MI_09102021_162618.png

Excuse the image, this was the best one I could find.

A fairly oversized battering item that's pretty heavy, yet deals big blows. What makes the Jumbo Pop unique is that, as a popsicle, it will melt overtime (even it's not picked up), decreasing it's strength, whilst at same time, making it much lighter to carry around. It'll take around an in-game 45 seconds or so for the pop to completely melt, leaving you with the stick.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hunny Pot (Winnie The Pooh)

This is a food item that regenerates health, if you take damage while the regeneration is going on the regeneration stops. It produces a pot that you can throw at opponents

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Here are the results of the Frozen stage submissions!

Elsa’s Ice Palace1 (3)1 (2)16
Arendelle (Cashregister)02 (2)04
Enchanted Forest0000
Arendelle (Venus)1 (3)1 (2)27
Ice Palace (W3)2 (4)015

Venus’s version of Arendelle wins with 7 points. This is traveling stage that goes through the kingdom of Arendelle with bits and parts from both Frozen 1 and 2; mostly from the first. We may open a second job later on down the road concerning a Frozen 3 stage if people feel it’s needed.
There appears to be a miscalculation here. It should be a tie between my Ice Palace and your Arendelle.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There appears to be a miscalculation here. It should be a tie between my Ice Palace and your Arendelle.
Ah ok. I changed it. I never voted but I don’t vote in them anyways. I’m strictly an observer so I don’t vote in the threads I run as to avoid accusations of bias. I don’t want to do a tiebreaker so I will grant you the win. Plus, based on the results, I feel yours is the preferred winner.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Job #5: Submit a Disney-based Item
Please submit an item that is found in one of Disney’s mainline movies. These would be considered the classics. While we will be accepting Pixar related ones in the future, for now, let’s keep it to the classics. Mickey Mouse and Frozen is acceptable. When submitting, please post the picture
  • Picture​
  • name​
  • what movie its from​
  • what class it is (you can view the list of classes on the front page)​
  • What does the item do​
Mickey Mouse moveset submissions are still open!
Job #5

Name: Genie's Lamp
Film: Aladdin
Class: Other
Item Description: I have two different concept ideas for this item. One is that one the player picks up the lamp they could wish an item that will be chosen out at random or unleash a special Disney character to either assist the player or attack their foes (similar to Smash Bros. Assist trophies.)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be finishing up our submissions plus voting this evening which also includes Mickey Mouse moves. Following this, we will have a new job tonight. This will involve adding another newcomer!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fix-It Felix Jr's Golden Hammer (Wreck-It Ralph)

A melee/status item, Felix's hammer will slowly turn a foe gold with every hit - which makes them heavier, slower, and overall an easier target.
Job 5:
Potion (Emperor's New Groove)
(I Can't send pictures, so you can just look it up for design)

A Status/Throwable item. When thrown at Someone, foe turns into Animal for while.
Examples, how animals are appearing depending on Character:

Mickey Mouse: Pluto - Bites and Scratches enemy.
Elsa: Sven - Attacks with Charge move.

This Item could represent Emperor's New Groove movie itself.
Jumbo Pop (Zootopia)
Item Class: Melee
View attachment 333828
Excuse the image, this was the best one I could find.

A fairly oversized battering item that's pretty heavy, yet deals big blows. What makes the Jumbo Pop unique is that, as a popsicle, it will melt overtime (even it's not picked up), decreasing it's strength, whilst at same time, making it much lighter to carry around. It'll take around an in-game 45 seconds or so for the pop to completely melt, leaving you with the stick.
Hunny Pot (Winnie The Pooh)

This is a food item that regenerates health, if you take damage while the regeneration is going on the regeneration stops. It produces a pot that you can throw at opponents
Job #5

Name: Genie's Lamp
Film: Aladdin
Class: Other
Item Description: I have two different concept ideas for this item. One is that one the player picks up the lamp they could wish an item that will be chosen out at random or unleash a special Disney character to either assist the player or attack their foes (similar to Smash Bros. Assist trophies.)
Here are our submissions for a Disney item!

Please go here to vote!

Job #6: Submit a Pixar IP to represent their debut Fighter

While I got the feeling Woody and/or Buzz would be chosen as the debut character for Pixar in the trailer soI do want to give other franchises a chance. Submit a Pixar IP that we can base our submissions on. Unlike in Smash where the character pool is a bit different, we are trying to be realistic in character inclusions here so obviously we are looking to the “submissions that make the most amount of sense”. That being said, it’s going to be the main character(a) that will eventually get submitted. So that being said, we are more or less deciding which characters we are going to submit. For example, let’s say we vote in Finding Nemo so, due to their main character status, Marlin, Nemo, and Dory gets included by default. We can decide the best way to represent them…as a team fighter like PKMN strainer, individually, a pair fighter like the Climbers, or a swappable fighter like Pyra/Mythra.

It’s a bit restrictive I know but we will be submitting IPs to draw out next newcomer from. Remember, this character will be representing Pixar in the debut trailer so their reveal should have some importance and impact to it.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 6

Not only does The Incredibles fit snuggly into a fighting game with the characters super powered abilities but the franchise is also very popular.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job 6
1633914367227.png

WALL-E (2008)

Pixar' weird hybrid of a silent film, environmental film, scifi, and romance all in one package, WALL-E really made it big since it's debut back in 2008 and considered by some to be one of Pixar's best. Heck, it's literally my favorite film of all time, period.

While it may seem like a weird choice at first, I think there's a couple of characters featured in the film that could work fairly well in this fighter of ours, especially if we need a bit of robot representation

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Brave (2012)

Brave may not have as many potential options as other Pixar ips. But the main option it does have is a highly desevering one. Merida even managed to be the first Pixar character to become an official Disney princess.

Also I'm Scottish so I have to submit it.

Luca (2021)

Although, Luca franchise doesn't have too much for an Option, but Luca Paguro could join the Roster since he could be Recent Pixar Era rep the could land on the Roster. Even his movie is so Popular due to showcase of LGBTQ community between Luca and Alberto (As Fans think). Also, they could be first newcomer of the Game to originate from Country of Italy and Pixar.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

WRECK-IT RALPH (2012)

Wreck-it Ralph may don't have much fighters or options to pick, but Wreck It Ralph (Character) could join the Roster since he would be First Character with VG-Moveset. Although Wreck-it Ralph franchise is Disney's most Crossover-like franchise that has large popularity made by 2 Movies that could be represented in the Game.
Speaking of Franchise, Vannelope (Presumably an Assist in the Game) is counting as Disney Princess as it said in W-iR: Ralph Breaks the Internet.
This is for Pixar franchises. Wreck is Ralph is mainline Disney.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Job #6

Iantrans.png

Onward

There are a load of good Pixar films to choose from, but I am going to opt for Onward. In terms of playable characters, my pick would be Ian Lightfoot as he can yield a load of magical moves.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results for our Disney item voting!

Felix Jr Golden Hammer2 (6)1 (2)19
Potion1 (3)003
Jumbo Pop1 (3)1 (2)16
Honey Pot1 (3)1 (2)27
Genie’s Lamp01 (2)02
We will be including the top three submissions! These are the Felix-It Felix Jr’s Golden Hammer, Jumbo Pop, and Honey Pot!

Next, we will commence voting on the Pixar related properties to draw a newcomer from…

Here are the list of submissions

Job 6

Not only does The Incredibles fit snuggly into a fighting game with the characters super powered abilities but the franchise is also very popular.
Monsters, Inc.

Monsters, Inc.
Job 6
View attachment 333949
WALL-E (2008)

Pixar' weird hybrid of a silent film, environmental film, scifi, and romance all in one package, WALL-E really made it big since it's debut back in 2008 and considered by some to be one of Pixar's best. Heck, it's literally my favorite film of all time, period.

While it may seem like a weird choice at first, I think there's a couple of characters featured in the film that could work fairly well in this fighter of ours, especially if we need a bit of robot representation

Brave (2012)

Brave may not have as many potential options as other Pixar ips. But the main option it does have is a highly desevering one. Merida even managed to be the first Pixar character to become an official Disney princess.

Also I'm Scottish so I have to submit it.
Luca (2021)

Although, Luca franchise doesn't have too much for an Option, but Luca Paguro could join the Roster since he could be Recent Pixar Era rep the could land on the Roster. Even his movie is so Popular due to showcase of LGBTQ community between Luca and Alberto (As Fans think). Also, they could be first newcomer of the Game to originate from Country of Italy and Pixar.
Job #6

View attachment 334003

Onward

There are a load of good Pixar films to choose from, but I am going to opt for Onward. In terms of playable characters, my pick would be Ian Lightfoot as he can yield a load of magical moves.
In List form…
  • The Incredibles
  • Monsters Inc.
  • Wall-E
  • Brave
  • Luca
  • Onward

You can go here to vote.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #8: Submit an Attraction

This will be an entirely new game mechanic where players must collect five of these parts which, when completed, creates an attraction. These attractions are drawn from real-life ones found in Disney parks. When submitting, please keep the following in mind:

There are two types:
Area Affecting Attraction (Traps and starts an interactive cinematic cutscene within a 3D space. Players can influence the damage output by mashing buttons, input controls, or moving the analog stick)
Stage Affecting Attraction (This one will affect the entire stage and isn’t a cinematic.)

When submitting, please provide the name and picture, what above class it belongs to, and what does the attraction actually do.

Please do not rip an attraction out of KH3. They shouldn’t be similar in the slightest and the ones we use in our game should be unique.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I absolutely love this idea

One quick question

If an Attraction uses a character. Would that character be disconfirmed?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 8

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

The item you collect is 5 Hexagons each with the Carousel Of Progress logo on it, Collecting all 5 enters an Area Attraction

There's a Great Beautiful Tomorrow starts to play and the opponents are sent into a recreation of the first scene from the attraction. Then the carousel starts to spin at a decent pace and it spins through all six scenes from the attraction, you can see John and his family in the background going about their normal routines as the carousel spins faster and faster before ending on the christmas scene where the oven explodes ending the attack.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closing submissions up later this evening. Please submit an Attraction if you haven’t.

Job 8:
Splash Mountain.

The item is collect is piece of wood that after collecting 7 pieces, you form the Boat and unlock Splash Mountain.

Opponents are sent to this attraction and they slide through deadly waterfall and they got launched beyond stage after End ramp into sky, resulting KO.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Tower of Terror

This is a stage affect attraction. Players must collect 5 pieces: the base of the tower, the lower section, mid section, upper section, and the top. When completed, it will cause the camera to zoom out which shows the tower in full plus the entirety of the stage. The doors will open which will suck in any opponents who are close by. The Tower of Terror will go through its entire monologue about the history of the tower. Prior to ascending, it will cause the blue specters to shoot out which can stun opponents. It then shoots up which differs from the original version. This will cause the elevator to slam into opponents which launches them into the air. The elevator will rise up and down several times; striking any opponents who in its way before slamming down to the ground one final time; spiking any opponents who finds themselves underneath it. Now, there is one additional aspect of the tower. This will also eject those who were sucked into the elevator and launch them. The opponents inside are consistently damaged with each rise and fall of the elevator. The elevator than mysteriously vanishes in a burst of occulting magic.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will be voting for our Attraction submissions!

Job 8

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress

The item you collect is 5 Hexagons each with the Carousel Of Progress logo on it, Collecting all 5 enters an Area Attraction

There's a Great Beautiful Tomorrow starts to play and the opponents are sent into a recreation of the first scene from the attraction. Then the carousel starts to spin at a decent pace and it spins through all six scenes from the attraction, you can see John and his family in the background going about their normal routines as the carousel spins faster and faster before ending on the christmas scene where the oven explodes ending the attack.
Job 8:
Splash Mountain.

The item is collect is piece of wood that after collecting 7 pieces, you form the Boat and unlock Splash Mountain.

Opponents are sent to this attraction and they slide through deadly waterfall and they got launched beyond stage after End ramp into sky, resulting KO.
Tower of Terror

This is a stage affect attraction. Players must collect 5 pieces: the base of the tower, the lower section, mid section, upper section, and the top. When completed, it will cause the camera to zoom out which shows the tower in full plus the entirety of the stage. The doors will open which will suck in any opponents who are close by. The Tower of Terror will go through its entire monologue about the history of the tower. Prior to ascending, it will cause the blue specters to shoot out which can stun opponents. It then shoots up which differs from the original version. This will cause the elevator to slam into opponents which launches them into the air. The elevator will rise up and down several times; striking any opponents who in its way before slamming down to the ground one final time; spiking any opponents who finds themselves underneath it. Now, there is one additional aspect of the tower. This will also eject those who were sucked into the elevator and launch them. The opponents inside are consistently damaged with each rise and fall of the elevator. The elevator than mysteriously vanishes in a burst of occulting magic.
These submissions are…
  • Carousel of Progress
  • Splash Mountain
  • Tower of Terror

Please go here to vote

Next, here is the result of our newcomer voting! Remember, this is based on an IP from Pixar!

The Incredibles 1 (3)2 (4)29
Monsters Inc.3 (9)1 (2)112
Wall-E1 (3)2 (4)18
Brave1 (3)025
Luca0000
Onward01 (2)02

Based on this, we will be going with Monsters Inc. as for newcomer. I’m actually surprised that 1) Toy Story wasn’t submitted and 2) it didn’t win. That was an upset in my book but a good one. Kind of defeated the purpose for this IP submission. So, with this in mind, I want to have a discussion…

Obviously the only character that would be “deserving” for a protagonist spot is Mike and/or Sully. Randall, Boo, or, lol, Roz could be a potentially secondary rep but I’m pretty sure people would go nuts if Mike and Sully weren’t playable.

Discussion Round: Mike and Sully

How should Mike and Sully play like? Should they be individual fighters in the roster? Should they be a team fighter? Something akin to Pyra and Mythra? Or Ice Climbers? Red & Stimpy? We actually have a number of characters that could qualify for this such as the Incredibles, Peter Pan & Tinkerbelle, Mulan & Mushu, Woody & Buzz, etc. should Mike and Sully be separated or made Into a team?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Personally, I feel that they should be a team based character in the same way as Ren & Stimpy in Nick Brawl but with far more freedom on Mike’s part. Players primarily control Sully which comes with slow yet powerful attacks and movement but can also switch to Mike’s attacks which are quicker and contain more kind-game potential.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I personally think individual fighters would be the best option - possibly with Mike using his University design wheras Sulley uses his Inc. design?

This idea contradicts my previous one, but perhaps Sulley uses scarer abilities wheras Mike uses comedian abilities?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just to be certain, adding them separately would result in two character slots being used out of the 25. Or if we feel we could leave out Mike and just include Sully.

Again, I find a Ren & Stimpy type playstyle to be beneficial; we could incorporate both Monsters U as well as Inc versions while also paying tribute to their own personalities. Mike attacks while hanging on Sully’s back with comedic attacks while Sully uses pure power.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If we're to have just one, both monsters provide advantages - Mike has a more interesting shape, wheras Sulley would be our general heavy-of-heavies heavyweight grappler like DK for Smash or Zangief for Street Fighter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom