• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Balanced (Dead)

Who needs more buffs?

• Donkey kong

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Bowser

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Link

• Yink (Youung Link)

• Mewtwo

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • C. Falcon

• Yoshi

• Pikachu

• Pichu

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Mr, Game & Watch

• Luigi

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Mario

• Dr. Mario

• Peach

• Roy {- I am thinking nerf. Opinions in thread please.

• Zelda

• Iceyz <- Did I buff?

• Ganondorf

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
Dev Team - Guesmu (Head Developer) Raycu (Assistant Developer)

(NOTE) : Achilles did give C. Falcon the ability to air dodge out of Down B and Up B.

Prepare for huge Buffs and multiple viable characters!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0MjmXYg0ejWMlE5ZjFrb2NCbEU < - Poject B 2.0

Trailer will go here! I would take one if somebody made it!

Project B gives buffs to every character but, Marth, Fox, Falco and Sheik.

Not as drastic changes as Project M, but more then SD Remix.

Guide :
The download link will give you DAT files.

Thank you Ampers for making crazy hand (And Tater, Tatat, Itaru, and many more...)

Instrutions for getting this on 20xx :
1. Get ISO (Dump your disk, or download it from NOT TORRENT FILE OR DMG FILE!) Build 20xx ->http://smashboards.com/threads/the-20xx-melee-training-hack-pack-v4-05-update-3-17-16.351

2. Download Game Cube Rebuilder (Sombody said it is not legal to link) and open your iso and extract at the top of the list of your ISOS files, the root, and if you want em' over pal, you could 1. Rename .SAT to .PAT and drop the project B charcter files into the root.

3. (Extra) and if you want em' over pal, you could Rename .DAT to .PAT and over regular charcter's, .SAT.

I hope you try this! And please give feedback on the charcter's. I might make a tier list, so opinons will help a looot!

Captain Falcon glitch found in SD Remix overwrite, up b and down b can be canceld by an air doge.... i do not know why... Mabye Achilles can help me? I wont worry about that now though, it is a small flaw.

Thanks for reading!

Project Balanced Team.

Last edited:

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! Whoa! Cool Fierce Diety icon under your posts! Please give feedback!

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
Next Patch has drastic changes! Stay tuned!

Project B Incoming update includes :

Luigi buffs (--------- only because two people voted for him to be buffed.

What if Bowser had shine over netrual-B, what if air Side B was a diffrent move

Gannon buffs

C. Falcon new dash attack

Zelda buffs (------- A little stuff

Mewtwo buffs

And that all, in the next two weeks these and more will be relased.

Thanks for reading this post!

PROJECT B 2.0V OUT NOW!

Last edited by a moderator:

JaiSharp

Smash Rookie
You just open MeleeToolKit and then "open image" and locate your sbbm.iso and then in the .dat tab you search for the file names and replace them. But there are multiple ways and check your preference.

I also noticed that quite a lot of character haven't really changed though, I don't know if they still need to be done because of your vote or that it's the wrong file.

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... i will add that method

And I don't suppose you would be the BETA tester for this project? I could use a opinion. (---- I would love if you helped me.

I changed all charcters... When I put them over SD Remix they seemed to work.

P.S. If you help me with this project I would be happy to help you with anything you are working on.
And this project is by NO means good OR done.

Can you tell me which characters won't work.

JaiSharp

Smash Rookie
I would like to help you out, but at the moment I cannot play (have some real life sport stuff and work to do.)

And I understand it wouldn't be the "And this project is by NO means good OR done."
It also would be usefull if you give some information on what you changed of the characters so I can see if it actually changed.
I'm using the 20XX 4.05 Build and replaced them with the .sat files. (The SD Remix if you didn't knew alrady)

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
I would like to help you out, but at the moment I cannot play (have some real life sport stuff and work to do.)

And I understand it wouldn't be the "And this project is by NO means good OR done."
It also would be usefull if you give some information on what you changed of the characters so I can see if it actually changed.
I'm using the 20XX 4.05 Build and replaced them with the .sat files. (The SD Remix if you didn't knew alrady)
Sure, I will make a change list, I will start with C. Falcon.

Tell me if you think something is bad, could be better and so on.

C. Falcon Change List. (Mewtwo is next, cause you wanted him to be better)

Attachments

JaiSharp

Smash Rookie
I lost my account because I cannot get acces to my @maiL anymore. So I am trying to make a post to help me, but I cannot make a new thread/post for some reason.

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
Change list is postponed (Did my word fix change that?) Untill further notice.

The Project is not dead! Because the people who have tried it like it!

V2.3 coming soon! (2.1 , 2.2 never went public)

I am looking for another trailer as well! C'mon people!

Thanks for reading!

(My other projects will go public SOONISH?)

Acryte

Smash Ace
Honestly I buffed bowser before and a major change was to just make his fire breathe hitboxes use spike hitbox with knockdown properties. The knockback is still low enough it's not OP edgeguard (recoverable even with falcon) but on stage when combined with flame cancel it's a pressure control tool. It locks them to the ground and forces them to SDI either out or in. Bowser is slow, the point is that he can slow others down too. Other than that I'd simply reduce a little of the landing lag from bair and make fair recover 1 or 2 frames faster so it's better on shield / can link to up-B. Give Down-B a spike, and make his throws stronger (u-throw just more damage building) and d-throw knocks down easier. More knockback weight (not fall speed). 6 Frame jumpsquat.

I think most characters can retain their style of play and be viable with very few changes if you make the correct adjustments.

A lot of mods try to change the playstyle of lower tiers ... ie make slower characters faster... etc. which is entirely unnecessary and just makes them feel less unique. Most fighting games for example will have characters who are slow and powerful with movement restrictions and that doesn't mean they are incapable. They just have to have quality tools to work with.

Last edited:

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
THIS PROJECT WILL BE BACK IN 2017! WITH UPDATE!

Roy Patch, coming in 2017.

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
v2.3 Changes

C. Falcon - Gentleman buff - Down-B Buff

Mewtwo - Not a heavy anymore - Fair hitbox was extended.

Roy - Restarted from scratch.

Peach - Bigger hitboxes and more damage on lots of attacks.

Yoshi - Restarting from scratch. (Might not make this update)

D.K - Bigger hitboxes and more damage on lots of attacks. - Less landing lag

Plus much more!

Will be out by January 10th.

Thanks for reading!

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking for a while now that balancing would be more about fixing his hitboxes aswell as making his moves have a lot less lag. I think it would be interesting to see moves that come out faster, but still don't have as much knockback, although he won't have as much ability to knock around his opponent, if he can get attacks out quickly while still in his opponents minimal amount of hitstun, he could be dangerous, while still not op. This paired with a buff to his aerial movement would also distinguish his playstyle from Marth's while still keeping a similar original feel.

Of course, take my ideas for this with a grain of salt, as this is your project, and I am no pro at balancing characters.

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
I am no pro either, I assume you are talking about Roy. I do agree with you about him being faster and weaker then marth. If you want to balance him and send his data file to me, I would pick and chose some of your buffs.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Captain Falcon glitch found in SD Remix overwrite, up b and down b can be canceld by an air doge.... i do not know why... Mabye Achilles can help me? I wont worry about that now though, it is a small flaw.
I believe Achilles changed SD Remix Captain Falcon so he can air-dodge out of Up-B and Down-B, because the SD Remix developers didn't change Falcon that much, so they're "joke" features Achilles gave him.

Just in case you didn't know about this.

Last edited:

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
Ohh... I thought that was a good balance not a joke... Forgot to give him credit. Thanks for telling me!

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Ohh... I thought that was a good balance not a joke... Forgot to give him credit. Thanks for telling me!
You're welcome!

Also, I didn't see your thread when I made mine, so mine has the same name as yours, haha.

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
Report :

Sadly... I am abandoning this project, it was no where near finished... But I am learning java, C#, Unity, and python. When I sit at the computer that is where most of my time is going now. I will still be around in the community. Thank you for playing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom