• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Professor Elvin Gadd for Smash Ultimate!

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
With Luigi's Mansion 3 coming to switch soon, it's the perfect time to get a little more representation of the spookiest Nintendo franchise in Smash, and since Luigi's only reference to his Mansion is his grab, that leaves us with the man who made the Poltergust: Professor E. Gadd!

Professor E. Gadd is most known for appearing in Luigi's mansion, but he's made cameos in several other Mario games since. His moveset could be based off of his various gadgets and gizmos, such as the Poltergust, the F.L.U.D.D., and several others!

Why E. Gadd?
Luigi's mansion is a great series of games, and its representation in smash is a little lacking. There's a stage, and one of Luigi's moves... but that's it.

Why not King Boo?
King Boo would be most people's first choice for the mansion games, but making him playable in Smash would be difficult. He doesn't have legs, and he's always floating. He'd work much better as a boss or assist trophy.

How could you make an entire moveset based around this guy?
E. Gadd not only has several canon inventions, (two of which are used by others in smash) but could very easily have a moveset revolving around tons of random machines. Since he's a scientist and not really a fighter, he could be pretty light and slow, but with strong attacks based on his inventions. His Up-B could have ghosts carry him upward, he could use the Poltergust and FLUDD for some of his moves, and so on. He could even have a mechanic where one of his moves is building a machine and then using it as a weapon.

Show your support for the Mushroom Kingdom's great scientist here!

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
**** yeah, comrade. Preach.

I love E Gadd, I love the swirlies on his goggles and I love his gibberish speak. I would love to see him in SSB, but alas; he is not a popular choice. He actually appears to be somewhat disliked.

His moveset would be quite robust. Between fludd and the poltergust, he's set. On top of that you could reference his love of coffee in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, give him some kind of coffee machine attack that spits beans at random trajectories (like G&W's cooking projectile). He also likes to mod gameboys for various uses, let him do something crazy with a gameboy. Maybe his final smash is a clamping a giant 3DS down on the enemy and trapping them inside of Dark Moon to be terrorized by ghosts.

He can't really compete with King Boo, and his moveset takes some passionate imagination to bring to life. So I don't see him garnering much attention at all. But I'm a supporter and I love Luigi's Mansion more than most Mario games. So count me in!

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
**** yeah, comrade. Preach.

I love E Gadd, I love the swirlies on his goggles and I love his gibberish speak. I would love to see him in SSB, but alas; he is not a popular choice. He actually appears to be somewhat disliked.

His moveset would be quite robust. Between fludd and the poltergust, he's set. On top of that you could reference his love of coffee in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, give him some kind of coffee machine attack that spits beans at random trajectories (like G&W's cooking projectile). He also likes to mod gameboys for various uses, let him do something crazy with a gameboy. Maybe his final smash is a clamping a giant 3DS down on the enemy and trapping them inside of Dark Moon to be terrorized by ghosts.

He can't really compete with King Boo, and his moveset takes some passionate imagination to bring to life. So I don't see him garnering much attention at all. But I'm a supporter and I love Luigi's Mansion more than most Mario games. So count me in!
I do like King Boo a lot more, but I just don't think he could be a fighter. He'd be the first fighter that doesn't have any legs or feet at all, how would he walk and run around?? I'm sure Sakurai could figure something out if he really tried, but I just don't see it happening. (added you to the list)

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Count me in. Every time I hear someone say we need a 2nd Luigi with a vacuum I say "What? No, just put E. Gadd in the game with the Poltergust and other gadgets. We don't need more doubles of characters like Dr. Mario or Young Link"

Besides, Poor E. Gadd deserves it, he's one of those Mario characters that is locked behind the weird and arbitrary barrier that prevents him from being in the main series games ( though his inventions such as FLUDD are okay apparently ), except it's even worse for him because they won't allow him into the spinoffs either... though I guess he was the only one of several special guest character to survive being cut from Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, and has had a pretty big presense in the 2nd game as well.

I don't think King Boo would be that difficult just because he has no legs. Piranha plant doesn't exactly have legs, and Bowser Junior is in a mech that should, realistically, be flying at all times, and yet it's not. So I'd say King Boo could work if he was only ever hovering off the ground... the real problem is that you shouldn't be able to punch a ghost ( and even that's kinda hard to argue against since Mario could punch and stomp them in SM64. ) ...However I think he'd be much better as a boss, and I would rather have E. Gadd representing Luigi's Mansion than King Boo. E. Gadd has a bigger presence in those games anyway.

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Count me in. Every time I hear someone say we need a 2nd Luigi with a vacuum I say "What? No, just put E. Gadd in the game with the Poltergust and other gadgets. We don't need more doubles of characters like Dr. Mario or Young Link"

Besides, Poor E. Gadd deserves it, he's one of those Mario characters that is locked behind the weird and arbitrary barrier that prevents him from being in the main series games ( though his inventions such as FLUDD are okay apparently ), except it's even worse for him because they won't allow him into the spinoffs either... though I guess he was the only one of several special guest character to survive being cut from Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, and has had a pretty big presense in the 2nd game as well.
I wish E. Gadd were in the spinoffs, it's weird that he isn't. Meanwhile, Boom-Boom and a Luma are playable in Mario Tennis... I feel like E. Gadd is on a similar level as Pauline.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I wanna throw in my support. He'd be the perfect pick for a Luigi's Mansion rep. I've never played the first game but I did play the second one and I've had a lot of fun with it and I might even get the third one.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I wanna throw in my support. He'd be the perfect pick for a Luigi's Mansion rep. I've never played the first game but I did play the second one and I've had a lot of fun with it and I might even get the third one.
Most people think the 2nd one isn't as good as the first one, me included. You should play it sometime if you get the chance.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Most people think the 2nd one isn't as good as the first one, me included. You should play it sometime if you get the chance.
I'll definitely will play the first game some day. I can understand people their reasoning when they say the first one is better then the second one.

I think I'm getting the 3DS port when I get the chance. Gotta get Smash first.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I do like King Boo a lot more, but I just don't think he could be a fighter. He'd be the first fighter that doesn't have any legs or feet at all, how would he walk and run around?? I'm sure Sakurai could figure something out if he really tried, but I just don't see it happening. (added you to the list)
Um.
Dark Samus anyone? She floats for walking and running. It is possible for King Boo to be in. All in all though, count me in. He'd be a fun little guy.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hi all! I was brought here by this new supposed leak of Crash, BWD, Rayman, and E Gadd being the next 4 characters for DLC. Not that I believe leaks generally especially this one, but it got me excited because I like all of those characters. Been thinking about a Moveset for E Gadd and I'm going to work on making some up and posting them for you all. I think he could have two very distinct movesets one as an inventor that primarily pays homage to the Luigi's Mansion games and another as basically a summoner-type character which Smash desperately needs. I don't think that E Gadd particularly fits the summoner type all that well and there would be better options but I could still see it working with him summoning ghosts and inventions to attack for him and it seems fun so I'm going to make a moveset for it even if there are better character options for that playstyle. Also, King Boo would work just fine in Smash and I'd love to see another villain added, but I disagree that King Boo has more moveset potential than E Gadd.

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Count me in as a supporter! E. Gadd doesn't get enough love and would honestly be just as good of a LM rep as King Boo. I also made a moveset for him since I've been thinking of ways the Poltergust could be used that Luigi just doesn't use it for in smash already.

E. Gadd & Gooigi Movesest.jpg

Also here's a link to the image on a different website, since Smashboards compresses the hell out of images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/48921399417/in/dateposted-public/

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Count me in as a supporter! E. Gadd doesn't get enough love and would honestly be just as good of a LM rep as King Boo. I also made a moveset for him since I've been thinking of ways the Poltergust could be used that Luigi just doesn't use it for in smash already.

View attachment 242583

Also here's a link to the image on a different website, since Smashboards compresses the hell out of images: https://www.flickr.com/photos/184893183@N07/48921399417/in/dateposted-public/
This is awesome! Really well done. I'm also particularly impressed because there's neglible overlap between your moveset and the 2 very different sets that I'm working on (which by the way everyone I have finished writing but haven't had time to type up - been really busy with work and family stuff).

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
This is awesome! Really well done. I'm also particularly impressed because there's neglible overlap between your moveset and the 2 very different sets that I'm working on (which by the way everyone I have finished writing but haven't had time to type up - been really busy with work and family stuff).
Thanks! And that's awesome! Looking forward to reading it.

Top Bottom