• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

problems against floaties

THEDADPOOL

Smash Cadet
this may just a me thing but i have trouble effectively combing floaties (especially luigi) i was wondering two things
1. a go to bnb that works consistantly on most (ex. 1dash attack asc, 2 up-tilt aerial, 3. up smash asc upsmash asc upsmash)

2.optional secondary that is generally good against floaties (not pit or fox)

Risky

Smash Ace
You mostly have to combo them with Fairs. Anything else they'll usually mash out an aerial and either trade or hit you first. This is especially obvious against Luigi. Uair can kill pretty early if you fish for one.

Marth, Ganon, and Captain Falcon are generally good against floaties. Charizard as well.

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
don't go for ftilt chains, and space out sweetspotted dtilts. the luigi matchup got a bit easier since lucario's shield is bigger, but it's still a toughie.

THEDADPOOL

Smash Cadet
I almost never use f-tilt in any matchup tbh, its his worst tilt unless you count crawl attack, but ftilt has some utility.my secondary as it is link so far has worked out against the floaties including luigi. Although mario is still hard no matter who i choose stupid plumbers. Johns.

Fearless

Smash Rookie
A lot of playing against floaties is not going for the crazy combos. You need to space them out more and run away a lot more often. Their weakness typically is that they're neutral and punish isnt as good as fast fallers, which they make up for by being harder to combo. Playing very hit and run-esque is typically pretty effective.

Top Bottom