• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem With Windows Movie Maker 2.6 - It won't correctly publish my movie.

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
Where I live? Why, location is a state of mind my
Every time I try to publish it, it says something to the effect of "Your publishing has failed. Please make sure that the place you're downloading this to is still available, that you have enough space on your computer, and that the source files you're using are still there". Well, the only thing I can think of that may have happened was not having the source files, but I never deleted anything that I had imported into Movie Maker either in or out of movie maker.

Any idea what's up?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Did you move/rename the source files?

Which Movie Maker are you using, the one that comes with Windows XP, or Windows Live Movie Maker (Windows Vista/7)?

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
I'm using Windows XP, and I did not rename the source files. I DID move them, however, that was only AFTER it started giving me that message. I wondered if moving them to a different folder would fix the problem.

The only other thing I can think of is that I had to convert the files I had into a format compatible with Windows Movie Maker with Format Factory before importing it, so is there a chance that that has something to do with it?

John2k4

The End of an Era
If the clips on the storyboard have a red X on them, then they are broken. You should be able to double-click on them to have it tell you what exactly is wrong.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Alright, so the video plays fine in the preview and whatnot?

Check on these:
Disk Space?
Are you trying to save the final video to a special folder? (root C:\, Windows, etc)

John2k4

The End of an Era
Go into your "My Computer", and set the view to "Details". That should tell you how much space is left on the drive.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Yeah I have been having the same problem. I have been trying to do a fandub of a song and every time I try and save it I get that message. I downloaded a karaoke version of the song using YT Downloader then converted it to WMV then I synced that to the WAV audio I recorded in Audacity in WMM but when I try and save it I get the same thing pop up everytime. I even tried redownloading and re-recording everything but it still doesn't work. And yes I have plenty of space on my computer.

The Mano Games VII

Smash Journeyman
If it helps any, I also had a former version of Windows Movie Maker that actually would technically publish the movie, but the video itself would be glitchy, stopping after only 10 seconds and then blacking out right as Guile's Theme plays (Basically, I was making a "Guile's Theme Goes With Everything" of the diner fight scene in "Giant"). Also, for some reason, when I tried to add narration, it wouldn't work, as not only would it immediately literally right after I click "Start Narration", but even when I tried to save the 0 Second file, it would say either...

"This file is corrupt and is invalid"

or....

"This file is in use by someone else. Please make sure to do whatever about this"

Not in those exact words of course, but all of this is the reason I downloaded WWM 2.6 in the first place.

Top Bottom