• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem with modded controller

Lendina

Smash Rookie
So I used wires to remap buttons on my GameCube controller, but now when I put the circuit board back into the shell/if the circuit board slightly bends, the C-Stick value becomes -0.7000, -0.7000.

Please help! I don’t know why it does this!!!

Pauer

The Pauerful
I haven't done any rewiring modifications myself but my best guess is that you used too much solder on one of the pins and when you move the pcb it just barely starts touching another pin causing a bridge. Looking at the controller pinout diagram by kadano, I don't see how you could have touched the c-stick pinout when rewiring buttons. My best guess it that you somehow touched the symmetrical data line for the c-stick, because I think the -0.7/-0.7 is the value you get when no data is received but don't quote me on this.

Maybe try desoldering your work and see if the problem persists.
If it doesn't, I'd just redo the soldering job more carefully.
If it does persist, try removing all solder that you added on the board in hopes that fixes the issue.

Top Bottom