• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem with custom CSPs

nickisneato

Smash Rookie
Hi, I've been trying to use custom CSPs in Project M. Every time I try to load the CSS with the CSPs, Dolphin sends infinite error messages saying "Invalid Read." I'm using cBliss and the Stage Expansion (from this page), and all of the hacks I'm using are Smash 3. Everything works until I start using the CSPs. Maybe the CSPs are too big of a file size? If so, I can use different ones. I was thinking maybe there's a certain file limit to the sc_selcharacter.pac that the CSPs are in, and since it's too big, Dolphin can't read it off the virtual SD? I don't know, but this is pretty frustrating considering all the time I put into organizing all the hacks and setting up every CSP.
Hope someone can help! Thanks.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Hi, I've been trying to use custom CSPs in Project M. Every time I try to load the CSS with the CSPs, Dolphin sends infinite error messages saying "Invalid Read." I'm using cBliss and the Stage Expansion (from this page), and all of the hacks I'm using are Smash 3. Everything works until I start using the CSPs. Maybe the CSPs are too big of a file size? If so, I can use different ones. I was thinking maybe there's a certain file limit to the sc_selcharacter.pac that the CSPs are in, and since it's too big, Dolphin can't read it off the virtual SD? I don't know, but this is pretty frustrating considering all the time I put into organizing all the hacks and setting up every CSP.
Hope someone can help! Thanks.
I don't really know much about cBliss... Everything I do on it doesn't work, but have you at least tried replacing the CSPs with Brawl Box? That works well for me, but not Stock Icons. Maybe it will work for you if you try it?

nickisneato

Smash Rookie
I don't really know much about cBliss... Everything I do on it doesn't work, but have you at least tried replacing the CSPs with Brawl Box? That works well for me, but not Stock Icons. Maybe it will work for you if you try it?
Yeah, I tried replacing the original ones with the ones I mentioned from Smash 3, and then I tried again with different ones, and neither one worked. I think I'm just gonna end up not using cBliss. Maybe something will come up and it'll get fixed. Thanks!

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Yeah, I tried replacing the original ones with the ones I mentioned from Smash 3, and then I tried again with different ones, and neither one worked. I think I'm just gonna end up not using cBliss. Maybe something will come up and it'll get fixed. Thanks!
If you would like me to do it for you, just let me know. Glad to help.

Last edited:

nickisneato

Smash Rookie
If you'd want to try to get it working, have at it. I just used the Smash 3 CSPs and cBliss. I wish I knew if there's a specific amount of space that sc_selcharacter.pac is supposed to take up. I'm gonna guess there is, and with all the CSPs I'm using, it's going over that limit. I just don't understand how people that make BrawlEX packs with 50+ characters can fit all the CSPs without going over the limit. I think I might try the method of using cBliss in PM on the cBliss page instead of using a pack that's already done for me.
By the way, do you know a code or mod that will put the costumes in the same order as the CSPs for Project M? I noticed that for most characters, they're all out of order. Like for Mario, he's missing the 01s and some of the costumes are out of order,

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
If you'd want to try to get it working, have at it. I just used the Smash 3 CSPs and cBliss. I wish I knew if there's a specific amount of space that sc_selcharacter.pac is supposed to take up. I'm gonna guess there is, and with all the CSPs I'm using, it's going over that limit. I just don't understand how people that make BrawlEX packs with 50+ characters can fit all the CSPs without going over the limit. I think I might try the method of using cBliss in PM on the cBliss page instead of using a pack that's already done for me.
By the way, do you know a code or mod that will put the costumes in the same order as the CSPs for Project M? I noticed that for most characters, they're all out of order. Like for Mario, he's missing the 01s and some of the costumes are out of order,
I have no idea about how BrawlEX packs work, I'm still looking into adding extra characters in my build of project m, but i'm confused. Anywho, I had no problem with size limits putting the CSPs in sc_selcharacter.pac. I Suggest deleting the wifi icon info in it for a partial solution. I do not know a code for putting costumes in the same order as CSPs. Mario was the hardest to understand... but using brawl box and 2 costume managers can help sort what costume goes where. I am busy for a few days, but I think I will have the pack done by Thursday or Friday. Or would you like my project m sc_selcharacter.pac?

Top Bottom