• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem connecting Gamecube controller

Elliu

Smash Rookie
Hi everybody ! (excuse me if the post is in the wrong section I don't really know where to post it :/ ) (excuse my bad english too : I'm french)

So I post this because I want to play on Super Smash Bros on PC using emulator but I can't connect my gamecube controller : I have a gamecube to USB adapter so I plug it in and Windows say that the driver installation failed (which is normal if I have well understood). So I installed Zadig (Vista or laters versions, I am on Windows 7) and list all device and selected WUP-028. The ID is the good ID (057E 0337) so I select WinUSB and click "replace driver" and here, after a few seconds of loading, they say : "Driver installation failed"

Please, I hope you can help me,
Thank you in advance for your answer

Elliu

Smash Rookie
Yes I tried, but it's the same problem... First, I don't find installer_x64.exe or installer_x86.exe in the task manager, and I have done all the list so it can't be me ; I just find installer_x64.exe or installer_x86.exe in the folder "usb_driver". And I have to delete all the "usb driver" folder ? Because it's what I have done but it don't work...

Elliu

Smash Rookie
Please, I still have the problem and waste 20€ to play on emulator, I seriously want to play…

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I would try the "Reverting driver's adapter back to vanilla state".

Previously, I did it on Windows 7. I haven't tried reinstalling with Windows 10, so I don't know how Zadig is with the adapter.

Elliu

Smash Rookie
It's the same problem,...
I am on Windows 7 professional (don't know if that changes anything)

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
It's the same problem,...
I am on Windows 7 professional (don't know if that changes anything)
I assume you're running Zadig as Administrator then by right-clicking? That'd definitely be a cause of problems for a driver installation if not.

Elliu

Smash Rookie
I finally upgraded to Windows 10 and now, the driver installation works :)
But... I still have some problems :/
With dolphin, in the gamecube controller window, I can't calibrate the controller...

I also tried to follow those instructions : http://m4sv.com/page/wii-u-gcn-usb-driver
But when I run the gamecube adaptor USB driver, I start it and I have this message : "Driver successfully started, entering input loop"

(and yes, I all run with administrator rights)

Last edited:

Elliu

Smash Rookie
I don't find "direct connect" anywhere, and in the window where we setup the controller, I can't change the settings as I want, it puts "Axis Y+" or "Axis X-" when I want to change the inputs...
And the little squares (A,B,X,Y,Z,S,L L-analog, R-analog and U,D,L,R) have red flashs.
And finally I can't "DInput/0/USB GamePad" because I only have "DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse"
Thanks for your future answers ;)

CeLL

Smash Lord
I don't find "direct connect" anywhere, and in the window where we setup the controller, I can't change the settings as I want, it puts "Axis Y+" or "Axis X-" when I want to change the inputs...
And the little squares (A,B,X,Y,Z,S,L L-analog, R-analog and U,D,L,R) have red flashs.
And finally I can't "DInput/0/USB GamePad" because I only have "DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse"
Thanks for your future answers ;)
If you use direct connect you can't configure the controller, it does it automatically. And if you don't see direct connect it means you have too old of a version of Dolphin.

Elliu

Smash Rookie
The problem is, the controller isn't configured, and when I test it in a game, it just sometimes do random buttons :/

Y-L

Smash Champion
Can't promise that that adapter will work properly, the officially supported adapters are the Nintendo and Mayflash brands.

Elliu

Smash Rookie
Ok, I already got refunded :)
So I will buy the mayflash or official adapter, but wich one should I buy (the price doesn't matter) ? Does the official is better or have some advantages ?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Ok, I already got refunded :)
So I will buy the mayflash or official adapter, but wich one should I buy (the price doesn't matter) ? Does the official is better or have some advantages ?
Should be about the same the mayflash does have the capabilities to have a "pc mode" which is useful for playing other games on your gc controller. Keep in mind if you go with that one to keep it on wii u mode for Dolphin.

fleskywood

Smash Rookie
NNID
flesky
3DS FC
2578-3364-1466
I have a problem with BX-W201 myself, the C-stick is technically always pressed up-left and it always gives me a hard time when i'm trying to map buttons on JoyToKey, so what do I do here?

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
I have a problem with BX-W201 myself, the C-stick is technically always pressed up-left and it always gives me a hard time when i'm trying to map buttons on JoyToKey, so what do I do here?
Increase the dead zone for the stick in most software, that way off center onputs aren't detected.

Harsh234

Smash Rookie
I have a BX-W201C and its not even detected as a device. Does anyone have a solution ?

Top Bottom