• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Probbably new to melee

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
I plan on getting a gamecube cause I like the classics.Im going to get Mario sunshine Kirby air ride wind waker (I gonna pick up the 3ds version on luigis mansion)and of course smash melee.as you can see what I main,I main different characters all the time but.I don't get what shffl or and competitive teqniques oter then dash dance.I need help

lordofwood98

Smash Apprentice
easily the first thing you should do is play both adventure and classic mode. then look up character unlocks. two years since i bought melee again and i still dont have game and watch. and for good characters from the starters i suggest fox and Mario. if they dont work try Ness his recovery is hard to use but if your new to the game you can just spam pk fire and do lots of damage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tbh if you are new to melee i wouldnt worry to much about advanced techniques just yet focus first on finding the characters you like, practicing with cpus, and just getting a feel of the game. Because Melee is much different than Smash 4 or Brawl. And unlock all characters first.

if they dont work try Ness his recovery is hard to use but if your new to the game you can just spam pk fire and do lots of damage.
I would disagree. Especially if he is trying to get into the competitive scene. Spamming Pk Fire is not optimal. Thats like telling a new Zelda to spam neutral b...

Last edited by a moderator:

lordofwood98

Smash Apprentice
I would disagree. Especially if he is trying to get into the competitive scene. Spamming Pk Fire is not optimal. Thats like telling a new Zelda to spam neutral b...
Well make sense my advice was bad cause im not that great at melee. thanks for giving this kid some good advice though

Last edited:

lordofwood98

Smash Apprentice
anyway for you i also suggest looking up legal stages there great for new player beacause they dont really have stage hazards and get you ready for competitve play as they use those stages on a normal basis

Last edited:

lordofwood98

Smash Apprentice
hmm kirby main his dash is difrent in melee to the other entries

ah yes kirby. i see why you would main him he is very good in the air as well as his neutral b is very helpful.

Last edited:

Pauer

The Pauerful
First off, lordofwood98 lordofwood98 and @^sudoZELDA^, please refrain from double posting in the future. Use the edit button instead. I merged your posts for you this time.

sanicdude246 sanicdude246 I am not sure what you are asking about. Since you are buying melee together with a bunch of other games it seems like you want to just play through the game (casually). In that case, don't think too much about wavedashing or dash dancing and just have fun playing the game.
If you want to start playing competitively, with the goal of competing in tournaments and finding others to play with, then you should try reaching out to your local community right away and start practicing on your own.

Top Bottom