• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Video Thread

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Premium
Slippi.gg
RJM#615

This thread contains a few full matches from the bi-weekly tournaments in Calgary, Alberta, Canada as well as links to view and download each our highlight reels, crew battles and more. It will be updated on a regular basis as more footage is collected.

For more information about the bi-weeklies, please see this thread:
Pro Impact BI-WEEKLIES - Calgary, AB

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #1 - Oct. 22nd, 2006

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #2 - Nov. 5th, 2006

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #3 - Nov. 19th, 2006

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #4 - Dec. 3rd, 2006

Pro
Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #5 - Dec. 17th, 2006

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #6 - Dec. 30th, 2006

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #7 - Jan. 14th, 2007

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #8 - Jan. 28th, 2007

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #9 - Feb. 11th, 2007

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #10 - Feb. 25th, 2007

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #11 - Mar. 11th, 2007

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash #14 - Apr. 22nd, 2007

Pro Impact BI-WEEKLY Smash XX - Aug. 26th, 2007
  • NORCal vs. SOCal - Crew Battle!
    • FileFront
    • Google Video
    • YouTube

Videos shown in GREY are currently in post-production...

Request videos from recent tournaments in this thread . . . but bear in mind that they cannot all always be filled!

kithkin

Smash Champion
heh, i'm different, but **** i dont tape well, oh well i liked that match, just cause i came back fairly well.

and hey i lazer'd once.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
Before anyone gets the chance to say unproductive things about my playing...

I knew I got shield-grabbed alot, but I never knew just how often I do moves hopping the other person will walk into them. Most of my Smash Down-A's where done with nobody in range.

That, I got got hit alot because of missed techs.

Thanks for uploading these vids, Randall! It's very helpful to know where mistakes are being made so a person can improve on them.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I made so many errors that battle- Both small and large. I'm suprised I wasn't punished for every last one of 'em. At least I got two Swallowcides off succesfully.

ludachris90

Smash Journeyman
ummmmm.....................................................................................................ur good?

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
The video was straight.
I don't understand your new fancy hip lingo, son.

Anyway, I played absolutely god-awful in my match. I used almost NO tilts, messes up most of my Short hops, the backwards cutter, and I flew right infront of him while recovering. I did accidental rocks and ground hammers, and approached from the air too much.

I also rolled WAY too much, and...

Still, it's good to see where I messed up. Thanks for uploading, Randall.

PudgeSX

Smash Cadet
? shine/dair/SHL..had to stop watching, pains me to see a crippled bird.
different isnt exactly the word, immensely lacking in tech is more like it.
stop with the running attack, dair to shine IF ANYTHING would have made me feel at ease just a lil bit more

Atlus the Dreadnaught

Smash Apprentice
This thread might just be overwhelmed by really Insightful comments from random people. I know I would feel less.... aware of the matches and how they played out if I didn't read his incredibley intelligent and mind-blowing look into the videos. And I mean, I know I was playing to make other people feel 'at ease' with themselves. That's all I play smash for, why I went to a third world country and showed them my mad skillz and they were all "Wow, we don't eat, but I feel good about watching you play smash" I mean jeezuz, what would I do if I couldn't please random people with obvious IQ deficiancies? I would probably just have to kill myself, or 'self-destruct' in smash lingo. But, Captain Insight didn't tell me to say 'self-destruct', how will it apply now???

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Premium
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
High quality copies of the Highlight Reels are now available for download. Matches from the third bi-weekly will be up over the next few days.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

I am sorry Randall, I spent A LOT of time (half an hour) writing things to help you out, but my GOD**** CAT hit my mouse and somehow deleted my post. I'm too tired to rewrite it now...

Add me on MSN crazy2467 at hotmail dot com (spambots...). I'll try my best to repeat what I had written up.

**** it was a sweet post :(

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

I am sorry Randall, I spent A LOT of time (half an hour) writing things to help you out, but my GOD**** CAT hit my mouse and somehow deleted my post. I'm too tired to rewrite it now...

Add me on MSN crazy2467 at hotmail dot com (spambots...). I'll try my best to repeat what I had written up.

Ooh, I hate it when I delete long posts, or I try to backspace, but the cursors outside and it goes back a page.

Anyway, if you had any for me I'd like to know. :/

Met

Smash Ace
Tons of rolling, dash attacking into shields.... but it didnt seem to matter because the person wh o could have gotten a free grab decided to roll away most of the time. hardly any use of shffling .and please dont say stuff like at least i got kirbys up b on him twice.... or i usually do moves most of the time hopeing people will run into them. Thats the only reason people will make fun of you.:psycho:

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Randall threated me with a gun if I didn't post in the thread mentioning "how the beautiful resonating tones of Judy Garland's vocal performance moved you on a spiritual level".

Artymus

Smash Rookie
heh, i'm different, but **** i dont tape well, oh well i liked that match, just cause i came back fairly well.

and hey i lazer'd once.
You have the worst Falco I've ever seen. No questions. Stop playing.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!

Ooh, I hate it when I delete long posts, or I try to backspace, but the cursors outside and it goes back a page.

Anyway, if you had any for me I'd like to know. :/
ctrl + z should work, to undo deletions, etc.

BackItch

Smash Journeyman
You have the worst Falco I've ever seen. No questions. Stop playing.
WTF? Who the do you think you are? We play the game to have fun, learn new things and never presume to be elitist know-it-alls like yourself.

We all have to start somewhere, and coming down on someone just because you think you're better is a HORRIBLE attitude.

I hope spouting your unsolicited, insulting comments makes you feel like a bigger person, because with an attitude like that, nobody is going to like you EVER for who you are. This might be the only chance you have to feel big... savour it, as$hole.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hm, dont worry about it man, i dont care. (thanks though)

and even if he thinks so, i've improved quite a bit, we all have so whatever.

and related, awesome videos, both videos were nice matches and good finishes.

(i like the mich win more personally, cause cause he shows its possible to beat john by more than 1 percent)

Azuryu

Smash Cadet
xpirit your falco is decent. I am not sure if its the video but it seems your lasers are not fast falled. Seems like your shooting them really slow and it could be faster. If its the video then its cool but if its not then you need to shoot your lasers faster to keep IC away. Use shine more to bring them into the air where they have less desyncing opportunities. Other than that your falco was really decent.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
is really decent above or below decent? i dont think there are adjectives[?] for decent. i dunno maybe im just dumb but to me it sounds ******** =]

Azuryu

Smash Cadet
Wow thats the first time I got confusion from using the words really decent. :laugh: Yeah what nitro said, basically decent but a little better than decent?

Stevo

Smash Champion
2 and a half years ago I used to live in Calgary and play smash.

There was nobody who played back then. Now Im in edmonton tho.

I am, however, in Calgary for the christmas break, incase there is some smash going on. If so let me know!

oh and as for my skill level, Im deffinitly in the top 10 in Canada, if that means anything to you guys.

kithkin

Smash Champion
hey i'd be glad if you came. and i'm gonna redirect you to this thread. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=87409

the next one is the 30th if you're not busy then.

and a quick question... how would you find out that you're top ten in canada? (sorta thinking about it now and maybe by beating all the edmonton guys, but still, if you have an obbviously valid reason i'd like to hear what makes you so great... Like a technique maybe? :p just kidding, but still if theres a valid reason it'd be interesting to know.)

edit: oh and you play zelda i'll guess?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
stevo's zelda *****.

***** me of course. :(

thats cause a lot of really good canadian players are located in edmonton, such as mike, carl, shawn, and stevo, haha.

Top Bottom