• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pro controller for melee

Smash_newbie

Smash Rookie
I'm planning to play melee on my PC using dolphin and I'm wondering if I can use a pro controller. The config options seem to be only for GC controller or wiimote. If anyone has used a pro controller can you tell me how you got it to work?

moooo

Smash Rookie
I'm planning to play melee on my PC using dolphin and I'm wondering if I can use a pro controller. The config options seem to be only for GC controller or wiimote. If anyone has used a pro controller can you tell me how you got it to work?
I know it is possible to use a pro controller but dude
just use a gamecube controller

JoltSmash13

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3196-7112-8608
Yeah... unless you want to. You do you man.

I had a friend that did that (with melee lite). He had this program on his computer that registered his pro controller as an Xbox controller. That would probably work (but attack and special were reversed. You could probably reverse them with the control setup in real melee)

Last edited:

Tmljaw

Smash Rookie
I mean, it'd technically be doable. I'm not sure how to set it up though.
But I can guarantee that it won't be very enjoyable. You won't be able to light shield properly, angles are gonna likely be a pain, and short hopping will probably be difficult as well. It'll just be uncomfortable and hindering. If you really want to try it, then go for it I guess, but just keep all of that in mind.

dzee

Smash Rookie
NNID
dzee04
3DS FC
3883-7738-5356
Use a GCC. But if you want to use a pro controller, you have to pair to your PC via bluetooth and then set it up in Dolphin under GameCube controller - The controllers menu in dolphin chooses what the game sees, so that settings tells it that there is a controller plugged in.

Pauer

The Pauerful
Use a GCC. But if you want to use a pro controller, you have to pair to your PC via bluetooth and then set it up in Dolphin under GameCube controller - The controllers menu in dolphin chooses what the game sees, so that settings tells it that there is a controller plugged in.
I was about to say the same thing. Apart from that, there should be adapters that accept the pro controller for PC, but at that point you should always just buy an original gamecube controller instead.

SpaceCowboy35

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
SPAC#649
go to standard controller and set it up there, buy a gamecube controller also

GhostM

Phantom
It’s doable but I feel like it’s more complicated. You might have to use a program like XPadder to remap controls to keyboard keys while playing Dolphin on a keyboard, but I believe there are other ways to do this that don’t revolve around this method.

You honestly might just want to stick to a GCC since it’s a lot easier to set up for Dolphin, especially if you have either a Mayflash adapter or the WiiU GCC Adapter. Lots of tutorials are out there that can help you set it up.

I tend to stick with the WiiU GCC Adapter since it’s one of the few things I have lying around. Oh, and Dolphin can easily recognize it once you get it set up since there’s an option for it.

Top Bottom