• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Prints of cool Pokémon drawings for donations

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Update (March 7):
PRINTS ARE IN THE MAIL. HOLY ****.
They're traveling by air and should arrive on March 25th at the latest. Are you excited? Me too.
If you haven't received yours by the 25th, contact me. Thank you again for your patience and generosity! Any questions, comments, love letters, hate mail etc, shoot me a PM or an email (drawingsofpokemon[at]gmail.com).

Some details:
- Your print/s are shipped in a water-resistant plastic sleeve between two pieces of protective paperboard, packed into an envelope. Their starting point is Australia.
- Standard prints are 8 x 10 inches (20.3 x 25.4 cm), except Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres which are A4 sized (8.3 x 11.7 inches or 21.0 x 29.7 cm)
- Small prints are 5 x 7 inches (12.7 x 17.78 cm), unless you've specifically asked to have two small drawings on a single page, in which case both will be combined into a single 8 x 10 inch print.
- Prints are made on "Canson 220", a textured, acid free, off white, 220 gsm fine art paper, and printed in rich black.
- The size of the Pokémon on each print is the actual size of the real drawing. Some are quite small; don't be alarmed.
- The name written under each Pokémon may be a little smaller on the print than in the image you see online. This is because names are usually upscaled in the digital versions of the drawings, but are of their actual size in the prints.
- Digital copies of the drawings have minor colour modifications that aren't present in the prints, so the printed colour will differ slightly. For the most part there won't be any major differences, but some cases (Moltres, for example) the alterations will be more noticeable.

I have NOT mailed you print/s if:
- You haven't given me a full mailing address
- You haven't told me which one/s you want (check out your options here)
If this is the case, I've emailed you.

Shoutout to cheese619, who offered financial assistance with this project by paying for my dinner one evening. JOOOAAAAZ!

Requests
In the order I received them:
Altaria - mailed - view here
Yoshi (Leffen) - complete - view here
Kabutops - early stages - view here
Captain Falcon - early stages
undecided (Slhoka)
special (Toph)
Blastoise (Will)
Mewtwo with swords (Mew2King)
Houndoom, Scyther, Sandslash
Absol, Volcanora, Scizor (stirbad)

If you're waiting on a request, I'll update on twitter (twitter.com/rocky_hammer) and keep in touch with you via email, or on Smashboards if you'd prefer. Feel free to email (drawingsofpokemon[at]gmail.com) or PM me anytime.

---

$3,940 in donations were redeemed for Pokémon prints. So, whether you donated for art
or just felt like rewarding your own effort, thank you to the donors who responded to my offer! With Pokemon by our side, we've helped earn Melee its place at EVO 2013!
Since there's still a lot of organising and drawing for me to do, I'll post updates here.

Thanks again, I still can't quite get my head around the magnitude of the Smash community's achievements.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
So legit man as I said in the other thread i'll be e-mailing you tonight about that umbreon. M2K needs to get on that Mewtwo lol

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
You are incredibly talented. I will certainly be donating for the Jolteon. :3

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you can bet your *** I'm getting a ninetails

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You should be hired by the Pokémon Company because their artistic skill has really tanked in recent years, and when the series goes LOLHD that's what the marks will wanna see.

VASH

Smash Cadet
I've already donated some, planning on donating more tomorrow, can i still claim the other donations to get additional drawings? Or is this only for Thursday donations?

edit: i want dat oddish lol

Rakuko

Smash Cadet
these are great, might dip into the funds to grab a Zubat or Bulbasaur.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'll be donating for the final spirit bomb, so I'll definitely have to think of something that I'd want a print of.

Keep up the good work, dude.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Wow, these are absolutely amazing. Probably going to get a Swablu, that one is just too cute.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I'm impressed...these are extremely good.

Do you ever sell originals?
From their website!

Really? I can commission you?
Yes, you can. Commissioned artworks make awesome gifts! At this stage, you can expect to pay between US$50 and $200 for a signed and dated original drawing, including shipping. I still need to iron out the procedures involved with international shipping, however.

This person his going to have so many commissions on Thursday!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
From their website!

Really? I can commission you?
Yes, you can. Commissioned artworks make awesome gifts! At this stage, you can expect to pay between US$50 and $200 for a signed and dated original drawing, including shipping. I still need to iron out the procedures involved with international shipping, however.

This person his going to have so many commissions on Thursday!
Ah I should have checked the website! haha thanks. Not a bad price either, I'll definitely have to look into this sometime.

Joseponypants

Smash Rookie
NNID
Joseponypants
These are so good. I'll have to make sure I can donate though, going on vacation soon and I have to save up. I would love a Marowak.

unreon

Smash Ace
I've already donated some, planning on donating more tomorrow, can i still claim the other donations to get additional drawings? Or is this only for Thursday donations?

edit: i want dat oddish lol
This is only for Thursday and Friday donations, but maybe I can work out a discount of some sort for people who donated before Thursday.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
there are no friday donations -_-
(lol I posted as unreon on accident)

Oh, time differences haha
To make this simple, any donations made after this post (and before Evo's deadline, of course) qualify. If you've made a donation, especially a large one, shortly before that post, and you'd like a print, PM me and we can negotiate.

Sorry about the confusion!

EDIT: By "this post", I meant donations made after THIS POST from about 12 hours ago.

VASH

Smash Cadet
Okay i donated 10 today and im gonna donate 30 to the spirit bomb, makes 40 :) thanks again !

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
Glaceon looks a bit weird, more realistic but it seems to have "shaved its ice" :S

The rest are BEAST though.

Life

Smash Hero
How much for a pic of Gardevoir and Gallade? I don't quite understand the pricing but I think it'd make a nice gift for a certain two friends of mine.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Dumb question. Is it only one print of one pokemon, or is it a print of the pokemon in one picture?

i.e. for the Pichu and Pikachu one, do you only get one or the other, or both?

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
How much for a pic of Gardevoir and Gallade? I don't quite understand the pricing but I think it'd make a nice gift for a certain two friends of mine.
Ah, sorry to have confused you. If you would like a print of any Pokemon I haven't drawn yet (such as Gardevoir or Gallade), you can donate $200 and make a request, and then I'll draw it for you and send you a print of the drawing. According to the current rules, this means that if you want a print of Gardevoir and a print of Gallade (or a single print of both together), you'd have to donate $400.

However I wasn't expecting anyone to ask for two new Pokemon, so if $400 is too steep, maybe we can negotiate something.

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Dumb question. Is it only one print of one pokemon, or is it a print of the pokemon in one picture?

i.e. for the Pichu and Pikachu one, do you only get one or the other, or both?
Oh. It's a print of one Pokemon.
However, if you want, you can pick two small Pokemon and ask for both of them on the same print. So if you donate $40 and ask for one print, you can have both Pikachu and Pichu on the same print because both are quite small.

A lot of the drawings are actually small enough for this to work, with exceptions like Dragonite, Arcanine etc.

Revven

FrankerZ
I saw the original $30 proposition for the Pokemon print already made, am I still eligible for that? I think I *might* just actually donate $25 more dollars (I've already donated $5 in the last 30 minutes). If I'm still up for that, I'll donate the $25 and screenshot the image and post the other screenshot I took for the $5.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Oh. It's a print of one Pokemon.
However, if you want, you can pick two small Pokemon and ask for both of them on the same print. So if you donate $40 and ask for one print, you can have both Pikachu and Pichu on the same print because both are quite small.

A lot of the drawings are actually small enough for this to work, with exceptions like Dragonite, Arcanine etc.
Could I get two of the smaller ones? A Pichu and Eevee one?
My girlfriend really liked the Eevee, and my sister liked the Pichu. So would I have to donate $80 then, or what could I do?

Tiger Shark

Smash Journeyman
Do you have a squirtle or blastoise
Here's Squirtle, but I haven't drawn Blastoise yet.

I saw the original $30 proposition for the Pokemon print already made, am I still eligible for that? I think I *might* just actually donate $25 more dollars (I've already donated $5 in the last 30 minutes). If I'm still up for that, I'll donate the $25 and screenshot the image and post the other screenshot I took for the $5.
Errr, technically no, but I acknowledge that I'm nitpicking here and that it was pretty dumb of me to propose $30 and then jack the price up to $40. If you're low on funds, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

Could I get two of the smaller ones? A Pichu and Eevee one?
My girlfriend really liked the Eevee, and my sister liked the Pichu. So would I have to donate $80 then, or what could I do?
Since they'll fit on an A4 page, $40 will cover both :)

Revven

FrankerZ
Errr, technically no, but I acknowledge that I'm nitpicking here and that it was pretty dumb of me to propose $30 and then jack the price up to $40. If you're low on funds, PM me and maybe we can work something out.
Okay, well I just decided to donate $40 anyway. As much as I would like to save money for other things this year, Melee is just too important so I donated a total of $45 tonight on top of my original $30 from a few weeks back.

I e-mailed you my donation receipt too. Get back to me through there if there's anything else to clarify. :)

Oh I want the Aerodactyl print, it looks awesome!

Top Bottom