• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess of Light~A Zelda Combo Vid by Darkatma

darkatma

Smash Hero
I recently finished my Zelda combo video - Princess of Light.

It's a project I've been working on for a few weeks, and it's finally completed!

Please do not upload anywhere for me, or upload at all without my permission
WARNING: CONTAINS MINOR TWILIGHT PRINCESS SPOILERs! WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK
Download
Filefront: Princess of Light Download

Streaming: Okay.. Here's how this works: Because youtube has issues right now, it desynchs my in-game sounds, so i removed the vid and created a version without the in game sounds. Still has everything else, so it's still awesome :p The googlevid is the one with the in-game sounds, so if you like layers of sound and music, then go google :p

Youtube: Here is the link

Google Video: Here is the link

Yes i AM awesome ;)

please rate in youtube and googlevid if you can! I just like the stars and votes :p

Edit: Fixed the Filefront Link
Edit 2: For the people who dont want spoilers, click on the google link, and as soon as you do, click STOP on the google vid play thing. Then go to the comments, i put a link to 0:55 in the comments, which is where the actual combos begin.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is it just me, or has Youtube been finding it terribly funny to desynch sound on uploaded videos lately?

Anyways, nice vid. Would've been a bit "empowering" if your opponents were DI'ing intelligently, but we can't have it all. :p

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Excellent Zelda playing, loved it! It was kind of weird how at times the audio seemed correct and other times it was totally off - but I can't blame you for that.

I also liked the Twilight Princess footage you included. Nice theatrical touch.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
rofl... its funny cause when i record matches with my capture card, i get desynced audio. but when i fix it with virtualdub it desyncs sometimes... so i just upload the messed up version and youtube apparently resyncs it for me =)

neways nice zelda XD. next time i play you u gotta do some of those combos on me =)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
how minor are these spoilers? i haven't even done the water dungeon yet... if it will spoil ANYTHING then i dont want to watch xD

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
most zelda combo videos suck, no offense..and its halfly due cuz zelda is not a combo-y character plus many people suck at making combo vids.

This on the other hand is an exception =). Best zelda combo vid i've seen. Great work snimatic feel, cool music, and best of all- nice combos. (true, zelda's combos are all highly situational, etc...nevertheless, to capitalize on oponent error as strongly as you can shows skills)
I used to play zelda alot, and took her to 10th place at FC3's Low Tier tournament barely losing to ChuDat's Y.Link(1.5 years ago, lol), but this makes me want to pick her up again competitively. Good job man.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Very nice vid I have to say. =) And I don't like vids that easily. I wanna play Zelda too O_O

darkatma

Smash Hero
Thread hijack!
Short demo of Up+B ledge stalling.
Haha yea i didnt include some of the ledge stuff i can do because i didnt have that many vids available. I liked the nair-usmash-uair haha
But that's okay if they dont DI. It's actually even cooler if they DI out towards you, then you can bair then out :p

And to the rest of the people, thanks for the comments so far ^_^ keep them coming!
(And yes i read through all of them)

edit: Did anyone know that the two black columns in the credits were hylian font? I think i put.. thanks for watching or something

HylianLord

Smash Ace
oh yea, forgot to mention the first thing that struck me... was the music. finally something that's NICE and RELAVENT and FITS THE STYLE!!!! well actually i take that back, this is not to suggest that everyone else fails, just that you did something verrryyyy well XD.

meh... get that smash club done and COME OVAAAA to MV to face the Zhu!

Fletch

Smash Master
Any way you can take these spoilers out? I just started playing TP, but I'd love to see this video.

darkatma

Smash Hero
For the people who dont want spoilers, click on the google link, and as soon as you do, click STOP on the google vid play thing. Then go to the comments, i put a link to 0:55 in the comments, which is where the actual combos begin.

edit:
This video compelled me to find the source of the intro music.
Zelda: WW Ancient Hero OC Remix
Not bad at all.
Lol if you had watched ADAD's Royal Blood zelda vid, you would've found it a while ago
I really wanted to use that song, but then it would only be a biteoff of Royal Blood, which is not cool :p. But yea it's like, the ultimate, best OCRemix ever. Next to Silent Halls of Night that is

mkmelee

Smash Lord
how minor are these spoilers? i haven't even done the water dungeon yet... if it will spoil ANYTHING then i dont want to watch xD
There's a water dungeon? OMFG... Can you say SPOILER? :laugh:

Great video. The music fit well, and I liked that you retained the game sound effects. Good footage, although as stated your opponents could have been better. Overall you made good use of Zelda's limited abilities, and I enjoyed it.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
It'll spoil some ending scenes, so don;t watch if you haven't finished TP I suppose =)

I Really liked the vid although (as already mentiond) I laugh at the DI of the part where the fox was combo'd this way:

Dash attack -> Dash Attack -> Dash Attack, he DI's (finally, lol) then he doesn't tech, Bam, Fair, IN YOUR FACE fox :p (was on BF)

anyways, good Zelda vid, I think its the best I've seen so far :)

dark-war-cloud

Smash Journeyman
thats an opinion.... i can say bowser is faster than fox... sheik isnt better just because of the tiers... dont just blab ******** stuff out like that... it makes people mad and can start flame wars... people can be just better with characters... like a yoshi won my local tournament because nobody knew how to counter him...

darkatma

Smash Hero
Yay my youtube finally started working again.
I just checked the youtube vid, and the sound desynch is terrible, seriously detracting from the combo video, so I removed it, and am in the process of re-uploading. Watch the google vid one for now =]

justice

Smash Ace
I kinda noticed I should of sayed something. Also I have 2 questions do you play the game as both Sheik and Zelda, lastly do you have any tips?

Top Bottom