• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prince of Persia Moveset!

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I wouldnt say POP is my top pick, but i think he'd have a pretty sweet moveset. He could use the sands of time to rewind certain events. Maybe stop himself from dying, and/or make himself move back to an earlier point during the fight. Actually the latter would probably be more balanced. The way it could work is you'd have to press the command somewhere to sort of set a marker, and then press the command again and have him kind of teleport to that place (but with visuals that look like hes rewinding time for himself). This move would have a charging bar that gets used up more the more you use it, and the further you are from the teleporting point. So the distance that you can travel with it would be finite, and you cant use it too often cause it would need time to charge back up (it would charge relatively fast).

He'd also have a lot of attacks based on parkour, and jumping over enemies. He could use elemental powers like in "the forgotten sands" and rocks or water could rise up to form a wall in the background where he can run across it, and then follow up with an attack.

Piggy backing on the elemental powers, he can use wind to blow enemies away, or create a tornado to knock enemies away, and he can also have his wind dash attack where he basically teleports to an enemy and attacks them - again from forgotten sands.

He'd also be a dual sword wielder, having a lot of attacks that use 2 swords which we don't have yet.

Here are some specific ideas ive got for him:

Specials:

Neutral b - Dual sword combo. This attack would have similar mechanics to marths sword dance, but the combos would be much different and would have more options. Once B is pressed, the initial sword swing starts. After this, IF the hitbox has connected, with well timed b presses, POP can perform a number of different swings. You can press the joystick forward, down, back, up , or leave it un pressed. Some of his attacks will cause him to pass by an enemy, in which case you'll want to step back into them with a backwards press. Some attacks will have him jump over an enemies head attacking them from above, etc. This combo can have up to 6 attacks if timed right. Remember, the hitbox needs to connect, AND the button needs to be pressed at the right time.

Side B - Elemental magic + parkour. POP uses his elemental magic from the forgotten sands to form a stone wall in the background of the stage. He then runs across the wall, jumps off and attacks an enemy. You can choose the direction he attacks in

Up B - Sands of time - So this would work a lot more simply than in the actual POP games. As i mentioned earlier, pressing up B sets up a "time marker" on the stage. If up B is pressed again, POP will rewind time for himself, and go back to that time marker. To us players it would essentially work like a teleport move, but in the game it would look like hes rewinding time for himself. If you press A as he appears at the marker, he'll perform a cool attack that does a fair bit of damage and KB. If not, you can continue playing normally from that point. This attack uses up the sands of time (which restores itself fairly quickly during the match). But because of this, you cant spam the move. Also, the farther from the "time marker" that you are when you use it, the more sands of time it uses. So there is a finite distance you can actually use the time rewind.

Down b - activate dark prince mode - i initially was kind of against this, but thinking about it, it could work. this transformation would only last a certain length of time, and while using it POP takes some damage. Once this is used, and he goes back to normal form, it cant be used again until you see a visual cue in the form of aura letting you know the attack can be used again. While in dark prince mode, you can use the daggertail instead of the dual swords. The daggertail has a lot more range, and does slightly more damage than the swords. Out of his specials, this only affects his side b. Instead of the sword combo, he can now use the daggertail to grab enemies from a distance, and bring them in close. During the capture animation, if you press a direction+b, POP will perform an attack knocking the enemy in that direction. If nothing is pressed, the enemy is open to an attack of your choice once the animation is complete. This mode also affects all of his normals that use his swords, as well as his grab.

Normals:

These attacks will vary a lot, so im not going to give you an attack for every button press right now. I'll come up with more later on.
But basically POP would use his swords, or the daggertail for a number of attacks, as well as different kick combos. His grab with dark prince mode would use the daggertail, while in normal mode, he'd have a normal up close grab.

One attack i will mention for dark prince mode:

Down smash - he drives the daggertail into the ground, and it then comes out of the ground further out in front of him, stabbing enemies upwards. Something like this:

Al-kīmiyā' Al-kīmiyā' what u think?

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
The Prince from Prince of Persia using the daggertail. I would advocate for him more, but so much of his game is about crazy parkour-type stuff that mostly wouldn't apply in Smash, and his time-controlling abilities would be hardware intensive and have a fair chance of pissing opponents off. I mainly want him for the daggertail, but I want Smash fighters to be true to their games.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Oh whats the link to that thread? I lost it.

as for his time travel ability being an issue, i think the way im proposing it be implemented would work fine cause it would work more like a teleport move rather than affecting all time in the game.

also ya, id totally be into the daggetail. i forgot about that.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Nope. It's where that quote came from. I don't remember seeing the Prince mentioned anywhere else.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Nope. It's where that quote came from. I don't remember seeing the Prince mentioned anywhere else.
o ok i was thinking that thread that has a list of character support threads. nm lol
i definitely dont think he has a 0% chance tho. hes ubisoft, and is an old school character. ubi and nin have a great relationship

also id like the daggertail to have some of ivy's abilities from soul caliber. like pulling in enemies, and stabbing it into the ground and having it come out of the ground elsewhere.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
o ok i was thinking that thread that has a list of character support threads. nm lol
i definitely dont think he has a 0% chance tho. hes ubisoft, and is an old school character. ubi and nin have a great relationship

also id like the daggertail to have some of ivy's abilities from soul caliber. like pulling in enemies, and stabbing it into the ground and having it come out of the ground elsewhere.
Ivy's whipsword moves would be my dream for Smash, but I think she doesn't fit the tone.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Ivy's whipsword moves would be my dream for Smash, but I think she doesn't fit the tone.
I think she could fit. And i feel like at least for dlc someone from soul caliber is gona get in there. I dont know who i want though. I want nightmare, mitsurugi and ivy lol.

But the daggertail would be able to have many of ivys whipsword abilities. Im not sure how hed switch from dual swords to whipsword though. Id want to avoid moveset switches and just incorporate it into his whole moveset.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I think she could fit. And i feel like at least for dlc someone from soul caliber is gona get in there. I dont know who i want though. I want nightmare, mitsurugi and ivy lol.

But the daggertail would be able to have many of ivys whipsword abilities. Im not sure how hed switch from dual swords to whipsword though. Id want to avoid moveset switches and just incorporate it into his whole moveset.
Ivy might work if she used her concept art with the hood from Soul Calibur 2:

Her dress outfit would also work, but I dislike it.

Her personality is also that of a dominatrix, which I don't think fits Smash (no, I don't think Bayonetta fits in Smash).

So, if she is desexualized, she could work, but her sexuality is an essential part of her character.

(I also wish she had a version with long hair, but that's a personal gripe.)

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Ivy might work if she used her concept art with the hood from Soul Calibur 2:

Her dress outfit would also work, but I dislike it.

Her personality is also that of a dominatrix, which I don't think fits Smash (no, I don't think Bayonetta fits in Smash).

So, if she is desexualized, she could work, but her sexuality is an essential part of her character.

(I also wish she had a version with long hair, but that's a personal gripe.)
Well if bayo is in, ivy can be in too lol

Sigman

Smash Cadet
I can’t find any other more relevant thread to The Prince of Persia then the general newcomer speculation thread but some possible news related to the Prince of Persia series is there is an estimation to be a remake of an unspecified Prince of Persia game releasing in November 2020 based on retailer listings:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Top Bottom