• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pride of Brawl – May 23rd tournament- METAKNIGHT IS REBANNED

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
BRING WIIS, AND SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL, GAMECUBE AND N64 IF YOU GOT THEM, WE NEED 9 MORE TO RUN THIS TOURNAMENT SMOOTHLY

On May 23rd, I plan to hold a large scale tournament held in the Cape Coral High School gym. Hosting the tournament in the school gym will give us more than enough room to run a large, 80+ attendance tournament. We will have live stream set up.

Admission Fees:
5 dollar door fee
10 dollar doubles per person
10 Singles fee.

619 S.E 47th Terrace
Cape Coral Florida 33904

Rule Sets:
• 3 Stock
• 8 minute timer
• Items are set to "off" and "none"
• All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
• Any suicide kill move, (Dededeeasicde, Kirbysicde, Bowser’s claw) will result in a win for the player who initiated the suicide.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned.
• Friendly Fire is on
• Life Stealing is Allowed
• The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

Dave's stupid rule and Slob picks all in effect.

Stage List:
Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Seige
Pirate Ship
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Delfino

All other banned

Prizes
1st place 50% of pot
2nd place 30 % of pot
3rd place 15% of pot
4th place 5% of pot

Brawl Doubles: 12:00
Brawl Singles: 3:00

We will be running Brawl Friendlies, as well as Melee and 64.

Attendance List:
01. M!Xcoatl
02. SheikSSBM
03. Emo^Wolf
04. VTEC
05. F-18
06. DewDaDash
07. ******
08. Cocaine
09. SlashDaSmash
10. CRASHiC
11. Dickbutt
12. New Weird American
13. Poltergeist
14. .Zip
15. Seibrik
16. NickRiddle
17. TommyG
18. Izzy
19. DC
20. Yummnybeef
21. Dfear
22. COSMiC Kenji
23. Tiger Diseal
24. wonderbread
25. J-who
26.Gamerz
27. Choice Cut
28. JSSN
29. JSSN's Bro
30. C.J.
31. CRUSH
32. Fuego
33. Gato
34. Seibrik friend 1
35. Seibrik friend 2
36. Seibrik friend 3
37. Seibrik friend 4
38. Verycoolguy
39. nevershootme
40. Flatsoda
41. B AWL
42. Volta
43. Abscent
44. Nine 1 One
45. Sex Puma
46. Stray
47. Axle
48. Tet
49. Time Runs Away
50. Cloudstealth
51. Bonesaw
52. Bigserg
53. Lupa
54. MC25
55. JDawg
56. Monk
57. XOMGNOWAIX
58. WindeX
59. Shiz
60. RX
61. RY@N
62. Lamugi

Plus 30 noobs

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
theres already a tourney on may 9th in the miami area. Ravyn's Play n Trade monthly tourney is that day

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Isn't that a small tournament? I could move the tournament to the 23d if the play n trade is a good size tournament.
Actually, I didn't see that the 23rd was open, and that looks like a much better option.
Could a mod please change the title from 9th to 23rd?
I can't seem to get it myself.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You should be able to change it, just edit the first post and the title should be there as well
No, is doesn't show up. And whe I try to double click the title at the Alantic South page, before I can edit it brings me here

i fail at directions, where is cape coral?
Cape Coral is in Lee County, Just north of Naples

EDIT- I see, I have to go advanced to edit title.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
my only recommendation now is either don't take from the pot or don't have a door fee, but you can't have a door fee and take from the pot

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Just north of Naples? So, it would be about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Miami, right?

A few concerns:

-Interesting stage list. But hey, as long as Rainbow Cruise is a counterpick I have no complaints. :)
-I don't like the fact that you are taking away from the total prize money. Is there any way to get around that? :ohwell:
-What about Dave's Stupid Rule and Advanced Slob Picks?

EDIT: Oh, so you are NOT taking from the pot? That's fine, then. =)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I fixed the pot **** that was completely unintentional.
Even though my school is charging a door fee, I would never agree to pot **** ever.
I apologize for my careless and poor addition skills.

About the stages, I feel that my neutrals benefi5t most from the striking system, giving nearly every character a valid starting pick, unless opponent strikes it of course, which would be the point. And I did the same thing with the CPs.

EDIT saves stupid rule number 4 will be applied and I thought sloppy picks was expected? Adding to op.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I cannot go.
Well, still please tell other people who might be interested to come.

Also, this tournament is in part a chance to increase smash in Florida in its most underdeveloped region, SWFL. I will also be working with a local tech lounge to start getting monthly tournaments, which won't get started until sometime this summer.

Zip.

Smash Lord
hmm...how far is cape coral from orlando/oviedo?
EDIT: better yet, i'll just check now.

-!-

Smash Lord
Us Naples Kids will attend for sure, we can bring a few W!!s as well... I'll give you the full list when everyone else is confirmed.

Also I personally think Halberd and Pokemon Stadium 1 should be moved from Neutrals to the Counter List... I have yet to seen a tourney have those two as starters lol they are usually good counters, and I :urg: think you should get rid of Rainbow cruise and Jungle Apes... just saying

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Us Naples Kids will attend for sure, we can bring a few W!!s as well... I'll give you the full list when everyone else is confirmed.

Also I personally think Halberd and Pokemon Stadium 1 should be moved from Neutrals to the Counter List... I have yet to seen a tourney have those two as starters lol they are usually good counters, and I :urg: think you should get rid of Rainbow cruise and Jungle Apes... just saying
Ahahahahaha! :joyful:

:rocket:

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
I'm coming to this, and btw since its a HIGH SCHOOL...

are you 100% sure that they are not gona care that theres money involve, because of gambling issues....

that is a big concern for H.Schools....

i speak from previous experience.

Galeon

Smash Ace
I'm kinda into the weird stage list. Trying new things might change the standard.

On that note, if I go, I'm banning Green Greens against everyone.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I'm coming to this, and btw since its a HIGH SCHOOL...

are you 100% sure that they are not gona care that theres money involve, because of gambling issues....

that is a big concern for H.Schools....

i speak from previous experience.
We have had many money based tournaments before, like a dogeball one that goes on this Saturday that has a pot system.

I'm still sure this is going to go down, I'm just waiting on final confirmation. **** paperwork and the bureaucracy system :ohwell:

Also, with the striking system and banning system, no character will be taken to an auto win place. I hate Falco's as much as the next person, but I still think that with banning, Jungle Japes shouldn't prove much a problem. Plus, Metaknights rule on the most neutral stages, so giving characters other options I think will help.

Besides, its all still better than Norfair.

-!-

Smash Lord
Ahahahahaha! :joyful:

:rocket:
Don't get too into it if I face you I know what to bann :chuckle:

ohh and I forgot to mention Green greens should be off too but that's my opinion but the one thing I don't really want is Stages that are "Counter Picks" to act as "Starters"... that is not fun :( they should stay as counter picks and you can even leave that MKs stage Rainbow cruise too but please consider moving Halberd and PSI to the Counter List... other then that this has to happen I'm all hyped :laugh:

EDIT:
Also, with the striking system and banning system, no character will be taken to an auto win place. I hate Falco's as much as the next person, but I still think that with banning, Jungle Japes shouldn't prove much a problem. Plus, Metaknights rule on the most neutral stages, so giving characters other options I think will help.

Besides, its all still better than Norfair.
Striking System is really cool and all but adding the new stages into the M!X makes it not worth it and I'll just go to random... MK does rule on most if not all Starters but why add more stages for him to **** even more then the starters??? and I would rather play on Norfair then Rainbow Cruise for sure :(

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Halberd is bad for MK because of low ceiling. You could easily kill him early with a snake dash or any number of mines. PS1 offers more advantages to other characters than it does to Metaknight, ZSS especially.

On that note, I acknowledge that a large scale tournament might not be the best place to experiment with stage choice, (though I have not taken any stage outside of its recommended stage choice by SBR). So, on that note, Green Greens is gone, and I will take Lylat and PK1 off of Neutral. (Pokemon off because of walls, and Lylat because of tipping stage)

Oh, and I think I'll turn items on.

Nah just kidding.

-!-

Smash Lord
Halberd is bad for MK because of low ceiling. You could easily kill him early with a snake dash or any number of mines. PS1 offers more advantages to other characters than it does to Metaknight, ZSS especially.

On that note, I acknowledge that a large scale tournament might not be the best place to experiment with stage choice, (though I have not taken any stage outside of its recommended stage choice by SBR). So, on that note, Green Greens is gone, and I will take Lylat and PK1 off of Neutral. (Pokemon off because of walls, and Lylat because of tipping stage)

Oh, and I think I'll turn items on.

Nah just kidding.
Your the TO so if you want to have "Items ON" then you have the power to do so lol I'll just wait and see how many people agree with such set up for starters and Counters... you get the last word...

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Oh I was serious about the changes.
But not about the items.
The stages were moved and Green Green was banned.
Also, food menu was added.

One last thing, if the school turns us down at the final moment (tomorrow), then I will relocate immediately to a local tech lounge or large house. I don't see that happening, but just to assure everyone that Pride is indeed happening.

-!-

Smash Lord
Oh I was serious about the changes.
But not about the items.
The stages were moved and Green Green was banned.
Also, food menu was added.
lol i knew items was not gonna be on.. good to hear the stages are moved and Halberd as well???

also will the day move??? or it will stay like that and all we neeed to worry about is it being approved by the school

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
also will the day move??? or it will stay like that and all we need to worry about is it being approved by the school
The date will not move. We will be running on May the 23rd, with or without the school. The permission of the school only gets us an extremely large venue.

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
The date will not move. We will be running on May the 23rd, with or without the school. The permission of the school only gets us an extremely large venue.
awesome, im going to go ahead and request the 23rd off then.

i can bring a wii and maybe a small tv.

halberd as a neutral?? :confused:

"Regardless, I hope to provide May 23rd with a large scale Brawl tournament. 80 is the goal. I apologize for the 1 month notice on such a brawl tournament."

You think you can get 80 people??

shiekssbm

Smash Ace
i need a teamate for this, CHriS? DEW?? Jony?? anyone???
nah sorry dawg, me and M!X are teaming for this and we're gonna R!P.

and im pretty sure dew is with richy, but not 100% sure.

you're not teaming with one of your crew members from tally??

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
nah sorry dawg, me and M!X are teaming for this and we're gonna R!P.

and im pretty sure dew is with richy, but not 100% sure.

you're not teaming with one of your crew members from tally??
I don't think they wana come back to a SF tournament, is too far away....
I'm gona team with my brother....
and we gotta get some practice going...before this tourney i gotta be ready for this.

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
fuego con fuego will be attending
cape coral aint that far from napii town right?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No it isn't far at all. My parents work at Naples and drive to and from. If for some reason you don't want to drive, there will be many other cars coming from Naples that I could help you find a ride with.

This tournament is now confirmed and will be held in the gym. Large venue for the win.

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
fuego con fuego will be attending
cape coral aint that far from napii town right?
How you going to get there dawg. If alvin never wants to go dawg? And I'll be attennding this expect reva at this tourney!! Let's see how teamss do hereeee I wnt to see team gato place in a real tourney this is going to be str8

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
I think after we placed high last time that hes going to be more motivated to show his **** if not i will find another ride and partner u teaming with falco or sum 1 else i mite need a partner if not its cuz alvin is goin so its like 50/50 on my ride plus another person.

-!-

Smash Lord
RevaL!X will ****... this is the list of Naples kids that will most likely come one way or another:

01. M!Xcoatl
02. SheikSSBM
03. Emo^Wolf
04. VTEC
05. F-18
06. DewDaDash
07. ******
08. Cocaine
09. SlashDaSmash

I will try to talk to this next kids to see if they're up for it since it's not too far:

01. Gordo "Tweak"
02. Volta
03. Vicious Delicious
04. Ditzy

I feel like I' missing someone...

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
As long as nothing else is goin on on this day, I should be able to come, so you can expect 5 people, including myself, in my car.

Other cars to expect if this gets enough attention are NickRiddle? TommyG? Izzy? DC? and some others.

Maybe put a post about this under tourniment listings as well to help out.

If you make fliers, i'll try putting them around school, but since the semester is pretty much over, i don't think they will be getting much attention. I'll bring up the tourny next time I see everyone.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Alright, finished flyer, added hot dogs to the menu. EDIT- WOW IT SUCKS. NOT USING IT BUT FOR LULZ.

I'm not sure if this is a gay kirby fetish add or a brawl tournament haha.
maybe I should redo it.

Top Bottom