• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Previously cut newcomers' chances in Ultimate!

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
https://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/ (misses out Nintendogs which I think were in the same boat as Villager?)

So this is taking a look at all the previous considered to planned newcomers for previous Smash games who still haven't joined the roster but might have (or had) the opportunity to do so for Ultimate.

STILL OR MADE INTO ASSIST TROPHIES
-Nintendogs
-Takamaru
-Krystal

NOT POPULAR OVERSEAS
-Ayumi Tachibana

REPLACED BY SQUIRTLE
-Blastoise

CAN JUST BE (AND IN MOST CASES, WERE) REPRESENTED WITH MIIS
-Satoru Iwata
-Reggie Fils-Aimé
-Shigeru Miyamoto

BIGGER LICENSING NIGHTMARE THAN SMASH ULTIMATE
-James Bond

WOULD-BE ECHOS IF NOT FOR DIFFERENT PROPORTIONS
-Toon Zelda
-"Toon Shiek"/Tetra

SHTICK IS ALREADY REPRESENTED IN VILLAGER'S UP SPECIAL
Balloon Fight

That leaves us with...

Banjo Kazooie
Geno
Dixie Kong
Rhythm Heaven rep (possibly Chorus Kids)
Hiehachi/other Namco reps

...and maybe technically also possible?

Mach Rider
Urban Champion
Bubbles of Clu Clu Land
Excitebike
Plusle & Minum/whoever Pra Mai was

The former group of five are all commonly speculated for Ultimate, so it remains to be seen whether the previously considered or planned will appear to make this game even more Ultimate.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
According to Sakurai. Heihachi was considered for Smash 4 in an interview. I'd put him on there.

Edit: Nevermind saw him on the list.

Last edited:

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Geno is almost a lock at this point, Dixie Kong is a likely echo of Diddy, Heihachi seems very likely and Banjo is probably going to end up being DLC. It's really a shame that James Bond is beyond impossible to include, he's easily in my top 10 most wanted newcomers.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Blastoise is my absolute most wanted character.

Curse you Sakurai

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As for who.

Dixie Kong
Geno
Isaac (Worst case scenario he could make it as DLC)
Rhythm Heaven Rep

Banjo-Kazooie and Heihachi I feel will make it as DLC.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Super duper hot take
James Bond isn't as impossible as we think, since we have non video game characters showing up in stuff like Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and Soul Calibur

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Super duper hot take
James Bond isn't as impossible as we think, since we have non video game characters showing up in stuff like Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and Soul Calibur
The problem with Bond actually isn't only the fact that he's from a book originally, it's also because the video game rights for him are probably astronomically expensive since he hasn't been in any games since 2013, so Nintendo would have to go very far out of their way to make a deal with Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer directly, and then get the rights to use the likeness of one of the actors. I hope that I'm wrong, but I just don't see that happening.

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Geno is almost a lock at this point, Dixie Kong is a likely echo of Diddy, Heihachi seems very likely and Banjo is probably going to end up being DLC. It's really a shame that James Bond is beyond impossible to include, he's easily in my top 10 most wanted newcomers.
James Bond is Primarily a Novel/Movie Character; and as the General Consensus that ALL Smash Players should understand; only Characters from Video games, and ONLY those who Originated as a Video Game Character are gonna be included; Meaning, If A Character is primarily originating from anything that's not a Video game, I.E. Anime, Manga, Novel, Books, TV, Movies, Comic Books, etc, It's not gonna be ever included!!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
James Bond is Primarily a Novel/Movie Character; and as the General Consensus that ALL Smash Players should understand; only Characters from Video games, and ONLY those who Originated as a Video Game Character are gonna be included; Meaning, If A Character is primarily originating from anything that's not a Video game, I.E. Anime, Manga, Novel, Books, TV, Movies, Comic Books, etc, It's not gonna be ever included!!
Let's not kid ourselves though. James Bond is more likely then something absurd like freakin Goku, that's for certain. :laugh:

xNaz

Smash Cadet
>There exists a timeline where competitive Melee revolved around Bond vs Bond no items final destination

They'd have to create a model that doesn't match the likeliness of any particular James Bond actor as tie him to the Goldeneye 007 games rather than the movies which the character originated from. As crazy as it sounds, Sakurai considering James Bond but explicitly stating that he would not add manga characters makes this a hilarious possibility.

Last edited:
Top Bottom