• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
All these leaks coming out of nowhere have inspired me. We should create a Krystal Sm4sh DLC leak that's so believable that it causes Gamefaqs & 4Chan to go Bat sh&$ crazy :troll:. Even though this would be a silly idea the reactions would be priceless.
As Nike would say: Just do it. You'll need a good one though now that you've announced your intentions in public.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
All these leaks coming out of nowhere have inspired me. We should create a Krystal Sm4sh DLC leak that's so believable that it causes Gamefaqs & 4Chan to go Bat sh&$ crazy :troll:. Even though this would be a silly idea the reactions would be priceless.
I dunno about that, man. I tried doing that with Galacta Knight one time. Here was the result.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
As Nike would say: Just do it. You'll need a good one though now that you've announced your intentions in public.
I would attempt to do it if I could, but due to the lack of any sort of graphical design skills or programing skills the finished product wouldn't even get a reaction from a fly. Nonetheless, the idea of a leak confirming Krystal as DLC would be exciting even if it ends up being a fake.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I would attempt to do it if I could, but due to the lack of any sort of graphical design skills or programing skills the finished product wouldn't even get a reaction from a fly. Nonetheless, the idea of a leak confirming Krystal as DLC would be exciting even if it ends up being a fake.
Oh, I thought you were going to attempt a text leak. I've never tried my hand at one of those before, but I can't think it would take any longer than 15 minutes. Most of that time doing the research. LOL. I think by now every leaker should know not to say they work for Nintendo, and yet, some still do. The "believe it or not, I'm just trying to get the info out there" line isn't reassuring either.

Last edited:

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Oh, I thought you were going to attempt a text leak. I've never tried my hand at one of those before, but I can't think it would take any longer than 15 minutes. Most of that time doing the research.
A text leak would be really hard to make it sound legit. I mean look at the Gamefaqs Sm4sh thread for example. Just about every text leak ever created on there is crapply made and easily proved fake. What makes you think they'd believe a lengthy text block explaining that Krystal is confirmed DLC? It's seems like pictures and video footage get the attention of everyone on the web these days when it comes to video game leaks.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
A text leak would be really hard to make it sound legit. I mean look at the Gamefaqs Sm4sh thread for example. Just about every text leak ever created on there is crapply made and easily proved fake. What makes you think they'd believe a lengthy text block explaining that Krystal is confirmed DLC? It's seems like pictures and video footage get the attention of everyone on the web these days when it comes to video game leaks.
This is true. During Brawl, we had a few leakers who were providing real information and they were called liars and trolls. It's much harder to convince as many people with the quality of the visuals gone up thanks to people like Omni, but that doesn't mean you can't still convince a few others. They'll believe what you tell them if it benefits their character and they'll share that leak in the relevant character threads to secretly get some reassurance from other fans that it's a fake.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So why doesn't Sakurai just announce which chars he's going to add, now? By now, he and his team must have looked over all the submissions...
And ruin the suspense?

Besides, I kinda doubt they want to put an exact limit on how many more characters they'll add just yet.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
Here's yet another rumor I'd like to share with you along with my personal opinion. I put a spoiler tag on it so you don't have to read it if you don't want to accidentally get your hopes up ;)

Some of you might have seen GXs newest video about a possible Zelda Twilight Princess HD remake that's actually soon to be released (according to dataminers) together with a ton of other Wii titles. How is this relevant for us you ask? Well, I think this might be one big thing suited to be announced during a direct. If I got it right it's to be released this or next week. Which would still be within the predicted space of time for an announcement like Roger said.

Thoughts?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Here's yet another rumor I'd like to share with you along with my personal opinion. I put a spoiler tag on it so you don't have to read it if you don't want to accidentally get your hopes up ;)

Some of you might have seen GXs newest video about a possible Zelda Twilight Princess HD remake that's actually soon to be released (according to dataminers) together with a ton of other Wii titles. How is this relevant for us you ask? Well, I think this might be one big thing suited to be announced during a direct. If I got it right it's to be released this or next week. Which would still be within the predicted space of time for an announcement like Roger said.

Thoughts?
I do think it's to be announced in a direct. Gotta push those games while the Smash fans are glued to their screens waiting for a "surprise" character reveal. To be honest, I'm having a difficult time seeing how any of these leaks or rumors relate to Krystal, fun as they've become to talk about lately. At best, I can hope for an announcement that with the help of the ballot, they've decided to begin working on her and to expect her at whatever date. Do I expect Krystal in particular to have been selected a long time ago and finished now? Hell no! We lost a character.

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
I do think it's to be announced in a direct. Gotta push those games while the Smash fans are glued to their screens waiting for a "surprise" character reveal. To be honest, I'm having a difficult time seeing how any of these leaks or rumors relate to Krystal, fun as they've become to talk about lately. At best, I can hope for an announcement that with the help of the ballot, they've decided to begin working on her and to expect her at whatever date. Do I expect Krystal in particular to have been selected a long time ago and finished now? Hell no! We lost a character.
Sadly, there is no explicit relation to her nor to any other possible character. However, I am pretty sure IF there will be a direct (which seems a lot more likely now backed by this DATAMINING (!)) there WILL be some news about new Smash DLC. I'd honestly surprised if there wouldn't be. What that means for our cause is of course unpredictable. That's what I meant with not getting your hopes up.

Anyways, just wanted to share this with you since it's backing up something we talked about earlier.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Sadly, there is no explicit relation to her nor to any other possible character. However, I am pretty sure IF there will be a direct (which seems a lot more likely now backed by this DATAMINING (!)) there WILL be some news about new Smash DLC. I'd honestly surprised if there wouldn't be. What that means for our cause is of course unpredictable. That's what I meant with not getting your hopes up.

Anyways, just wanted to share this with you since it's backing up something we talked about earlier.
If this is the case, then it won't be long now till we have a Direct soon. God the pressure ' s killing us.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
According to this article, Star Fox 64's getting put on WiiU vc at some point. That kinda defeats the purpose of even considering Zero since it's the same game but severely overpriced, in other words this is dooming Zero even further than it being delayed.

Speaking of, love how gamestop raised the used price of 64 3D to almost brand new price, and I paid what, 22$ for it a few months ago?

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
According to this article, Star Fox 64's getting put on WiiU vc at some point. That kinda defeats the purpose of even considering Zero since it's the same game but severely overpriced, in other words this is dooming Zero even further than it being delayed.
Who doesn't want to play Starfox 64 again...

and again...

and again...

and again...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Who doesn't want to play Starfox 64 again...

and again...

and again...

and again...
Sounds to me like a certain someone wants another 64 rehash. How do you like the sound of Star Fox Origins? Note, it's NOT a reboot, but a reimaging. In this one, the team bands together for the first time as they set off to fight Andross. This is conveniently set in a period before Krystal shows up, so to her fans, be patient as we work through this promising game. If this one bombs, no worry, Star Fox One is on the way (not to be confused as a sequel to Zero). That doesn't work out, we've got a plan C: Star Fox 64 HD. What's that you say? You're worried that one will crash and burn too? We have one final ace up our sleeve and that's called ignoring the franchise for another 9 years in the hopes you'll warm up to the idea of a 64 rehash again (title TBD). :troll:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
So we had Star Fox on the SNES
Then we had Star Fox 64 which was just an updated reimagining of the original.
Then there was Star Fox 3D which was just Star Fox 64 with updated graphics.
And now we have Star Fox Zero which is a reimagining of a reboot. And how many games does Star Fox have?

There are 7 official Star Fox games, 8 if you count Star Fox 2, and about half of them are almost the same. Same characters, same story, and same levels. Is it so hard to have a Star Fox game that isn't Star Fox 64? Oh wait, anything that isn't 64 is not relevant. Makes me respect Assault, Adventures, and even Command with more respect. Yeah, you heard me right! I said i have respect for Command!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be fair on the SNES original, despite shareing the same names, a lot of the levels are completely different in terms of design and environment from later ones.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
So we had Star Fox on the SNES
Then we had Star Fox 64 which was just an updated reimagining of the original.
Then there was Star Fox 3D which was just Star Fox 64 with updated graphics.
And now we have Star Fox Zero which is a reimagining of a reboot. And how many games does Star Fox have?

There are 7 official Star Fox games, 8 if you count Star Fox 2, and about half of them are almost the same. Same characters, same story, and same levels. Is it so hard to have a Star Fox game that isn't Star Fox 64? Oh wait, anything that isn't 64 is not relevant. Makes me respect Assault, Adventures, and even Command with more respect. Yeah, you heard me right! I said i have respect for Command!
Did you just say you have respect for Command?!

Seriously though I do agree with your comment. Having 64 over and over again really makes you appreciate the other games.

asdfghjkl1111

Smash Rookie

Thoughts?
Wow a 2nd remake of twilight princess to strengthen the Wii U!

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Did you just say you have respect for Command?!

Seriously though I do agree with your comment. Having 64 over and over again really makes you appreciate the other games.
Command wasn't even that bad. Just some of the endings and characters were out of place. If they stuck with one good ending and fix the characters then the game would be fine

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Command wasn't even that bad. Just some of the endings and characters were out of place. If they stuck with one good ending and fix the characters then the game would be fine
It had interesting ideas. They just weren't implemented as well as they could've been. The lackluster writing didn't help, either...

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
It had interesting ideas. They just weren't implemented as well as they could've been. The lackluster writing didn't help, either...
Exactly, game play wise, it did its job perfectly. It followed Star Fox's 2 all range mode style perfectly and utilized the DS's touchscreen just as well as any other game. The music was also good just like other games in the series. While the game isn't exactly what we wanted, it still did things very well. Even if some of the characters were out of character, at least they have personalities.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, game play wise, it did its job perfectly. It followed Star Fox's 2 all range mode style perfectly and utilized the DS's touchscreen just as well as any other game. The music was also good just like other games in the series. While the game isn't exactly what we wanted, it still did things very well. Even if some of the characters were out of character, at least they have personalities.
Plus, it had online multiplayer. And each PC had different stats.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I had fun with Command. It is like Star Fox 2 in some ways, isn't it? I wonder how people would have reacted if they had known it was influenced by that game much sooner rather than holding on to the misconception of it being a way out of left field direction. Intercepting enemy ships and missiles out on an open plane, getting a preview of what the enemy is, customized ships for different characters (Star Fox 2 had this also), a defense system in the form of Great Fox (Star Fox 2 used Corneria's), Adding more skilled female pilots (Star Fox 2 did this), and a lot of the classic songs from 64 and Assault carried over, which gave it that nostalgic finish for the players who just can't let go. Bosses were aplenty and the ordinary battles themselves were challenging... At least to me. The fuel idea seems like a hindrance at first, but when I think back on it, it would have been awfully easy and boring controlling multiple pilots who could go anywhere on the map with unlimited fuel. I'm going to put it out there, I think Command is a good game. I also think the bad writing is heavily exaggerated. On my umpteenth playthrough with the Wii U port, that's only become more apparent.

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Wow a 2nd remake of twilight princess to strengthen the Wii U!
Looks like Nintendo's still being lazy... >__<

I had fun with Command. It is like Star Fox 2 in some ways, isn't it? I wonder how people would have reacted if they had known it was influenced by that game much sooner rather than holding on to the misconception of it being a way out of left field direction. Intercepting enemy ships and missiles out on an open plane, getting a preview of what the enemy is, customized ships for different characters (Star Fox 2 had this also), a defense system in the form of Great Fox (Star Fox 2 used Corneria's), Adding more skilled female pilots (Star Fox 2 did this), and a lot of the classic songs from 64 and Assault carried over, which gave it that nostalgic finish for the players who just can't let go. Bosses were aplenty and the ordinary battles themselves were challenging... At least to me. The fuel idea seems like a hindrance at first, but when I think back on it, it would have been awfully easy and boring controlling multiple pilots who could go anywhere on the map with unlimited fuel. I'm going to put it out there, I think Command is a good game. I also think the bad writing is heavily exaggerated. On my umpteenth playthrough with the Wii U port, that's only become more apparent.
What do you mean by "exaggerated?"

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice

Don't get me wrong, some of the writing for the characters and story is bad, but it's not as bad as people make it seem. Like when Krystal left Fox for Panther, people made it seem like Krystal was being a baby about it but in reality, Krystal left because she felt as if Fox didn't believe in her and that she couldn't defend herself

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

The way people say Fox and most everyone else were WAY out of character. They looked well in character as far as I could tell. Fox was the calm and fearless leader, Slippy the loyal friend, Falco the mouthy ace pilot, etc. I guess the fanbase isn't used to real dialogue and so when drama comes in, it's immediately a red flag that the writing is bad BECAUSE FOX AND KRYSTAL SHOWED EMOTIONS. They held grudges and they handled their feelings in immature ways at times, because they were filled with resentment over their relationship having gone sour. Sounds pretty realistic (whoops, there's that word again) to me. A number of the endings were objectionable to many, but then the replay value is in the surprise rather than the feeling you're going to see amazing upbeat fairy tale ending #7 at the end of your playthrough. I'd like some consequence with my actions.

Thanks XeVioN XeVioN . I knew you'd see it my way. :troll:

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I remember some people saying that Mii costumes don't deconfirm a char, then I saw this comment on YT: "That's not based on information, but on logic. Why would they make a full fighter later of a character they made into a costume first? There is no reason, and the only characters that are both a fighter and costume are Cap Falcon and Link."

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I remember some people saying that Mii costumes don't deconfirm a char, then I saw this comment on YT: "That's not based on information, but on logic. Why would they make a full fighter later of a character they made into a costume first? There is no reason, and the only characters that are both a fighter and costume are Cap Falcon and Link."
And Samus and Fox, as well. If you want to argue logic, then from a logical standpoint it looks like they have no problem letting a character be fully playable and have a Mii costume.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
And Samus and Fox, as well. If you want to argue logic, then from a logical standpoint it looks like they have no problem letting a character be fully playable and have a Mii costume.
I'm more talking about chars that weren't in the game as PCs first (though I find it weird that costumes of PCs are added as DLC; it doesn't seem necessary, even for creative standpoints; the only good use for a Link costume would be making Mii Fighters based off of versions of Link such as the CD-I version or the cartoon one that says "Well excuuuuuuuuuse me, princess").

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
IT's at this point where i'm just making some random things, one of which here I joke on why Adventures didnt have likelikes
WVW69ie_oXQDhzDvss.png

Wonder if I should do something related to these

1437703361034.png
1437703526864.png

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
This wait is killing me. Sakurai sits upon his throne, contemplating how to best mess with the fan base. I'm wondering if the first ballot winners will be revealed through a direct.

I haven't played Command in a while, but I still don't feel to well about the writing. To each his own.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
This wait is killing me. Sakurai sits upon his throne, contemplating how to best mess with the fan base. I'm wondering if the first ballot winners will be revealed through a direct.

I haven't played Command in a while, but I still don't feel to well about the writing. To each his own.
Well if the rumor is to be believed, we should hear from Nintendo soon about Smash Bros DLC. But of course it is only a rumor.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
The trolling needs to stop. It went too far with the Chrom and Ridley things. >___<

Top Bottom