• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Let's look at the bright side. We now have a new subject to focus on after the ballot ended. Episode (October) VI: A New Hope ;)
True true.

I've had many more things in the past months to be hype about that were more legit and ended up being no biggie. So this barely worth paying attention to teasing isn't gonna get me up out of my chair so much, heh. Would be nice if it was something, but basically after being conditioned to take even Nintendo announcements cautiously optimistically, I think I'll be even moreso with something like this.

This all said, I think a Nintendo announcement this month is a fairly safe bet. Heck, I could've guessed it and teased people about what it could be even if I knew nothing. That's kind of what it looks like Roger's doing anyways. He's basically saying "something's happening guys!" and were like, "what", and he just says "something", lol.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I remember before joining this thread that your post always made me laugh. Almost everyone here has something to like about them
>that feel when "almost everyone"~

>that feel when too lazy too look up an appropriate picture like Edgy might and about to leave anyways

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
>that feel when "almost everyone"~

>that feel when too lazy too look up an appropriate picture like Edgy might and about to leave anyways
No one is like Edgy cause there's only one Edgy. And if i were to just read what someone wrote without looking at the name i could probably identify them

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
New Smash info revolving the Ballot coming out in 1-2 weeks? Potential new fighters being included in this information?

"Oh yeah!"
If said information is true then that's great. As a matter of fact I'm going to go ahead and predict that a female newcomer will be in the next batch of DLC fighters.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So, this just got interesting...

EDIT: Dammit, :4greninja: 'd

Last edited:

mortal1385

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, just thought I'd come out and say something after visiting the thread frequently over the past few months (you guys sure are a fun bunch).
I've never posted in a forum before so I'm new to this, but I thought I'd pose a question along with my introduction, I don't know if it's been asked before:
What REALISTIC, UNBIASED chances does everyone give Krystal getting into Smash 4 as DLC at this point in time?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Hey everyone, just thought I'd come out and say something after visiting the thread frequently over the past few months (you guys sure are a fun bunch).
I've never posted in a forum before so I'm new to this, but I thought I'd pose a question along with my introduction, I don't know if it's been asked before:
What REALISTIC, UNBIASED chances does everyone give Krystal getting into Smash 4 as DLC at this point in time?
I've thrown out an estimate before, but it's just that. Realistic and unbiased is something I could give you if I had connections with people close to the project or the final vote counts.

mortal1385

Smash Rookie
I've thrown out an estimate before, but it's just that. Realistic and unbiased is something I could give you if I had connections with people close to the project or the final vote counts.
Maybe I should have asked for estimates, my apologies.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I should have asked for estimates, my apologies.
Honestly, I think she has a good chance, but so does almost everyone really.
I feel it's almost impossible to say who is actually getting in since we have no clue what the devs themselves think about certain characters.
People tend to think that some characters are obvious choices because advertisemen and moneyz, but I don't feel like Sakurai would want to choose only characters that would advertise other games. You might as well start calling it super commercial brothers at that point...
Maybe Sakurai will think it like that way or he will choose what ever he likes. Maybe he's lazy and adds veterans and clones or he'll pick characters that feel truly unique to him and that would add something new and special to the roster.
We truly have no idea, just pure speculation and wishes.

So yeah in short answer: yes, she does have a good chance in being added, but so does a lot of other characters and for possible different reasons.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Honestly, I think she has a good chance, but so does almost everyone really.
I feel it's almost impossible to say who is actually getting in since we have no clue what the devs themselves think about certain characters.
People tend to think that some characters are obvious choices because advertisemen and moneyz, but I don't feel like Sakurai would want to choose only characters that would advertise other games. You might as well start calling it super commercial brothers at that point...
Maybe Sakurai will think it like that way or he will choose what ever he likes. Maybe he's lazy and adds veterans and clones or he'll pick characters that feel truly unique to him and that would add something new and special to the roster.
We truly have no idea, just pure speculation and wishes.

So yeah in short answer: yes, she does have a good chance in being added, but so does a lot of other characters and for possible different reasons.
I'm with you there. For me after everything that Krystal is going through at the moment especially when we learned that Sakurai did consider her for Brawl(but didn't make it in because of time constraints), he might go back into that and may give her a shot after all. Besides, unlike Brawl, at least he has all the time to make her work in the game. Part of me thinks that he knew all along that he was going to make her into a unique character different from Fox and Falco. But another part of me thinks that of all the veterans still left out there, Wolf is perhaps the only logical remaining choice left who doesn't have any technical or legal issues to prevent him from getting in and one that the fans actually do care about seeing come back. As for Krystal, she could either be from the ballot or probably a new character that was planned for a while that Sakurai had in mind(like how he considered her for Brawl). What do you think?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I'm with you there. For me after everything that Krystal is going through at the moment especially when we learned that Sakurai did consider her for Brawl(but didn't make it in because of time constraints), he might go back into that and may give her a shot after all. Besides, unlike Brawl, at least he has all the time to make her work in the game. Part of me thinks that he knew all along that he was going to make her into a unique character different from Fox and Falco. But another part of me thinks that of all the veterans still left out there, Wolf is perhaps the only logical remaining choice left who doesn't have any technical or legal issues to prevent him from getting in and one that the fans actually do care about seeing come back. As for Krystal, she could either be from the ballot or probably a new character that was planned for a while that Sakurai had in mind(like how he considered her for Brawl). What do you think?

Exactly.
There really are bunch of possibilities that could lead her being included in smash 4, but the problem is that we have no clue what is real or not, because we don't know anything that is going on with the devs or in their minds. Maybe Sakurai would include her but he found some other interesting characters and thus he would choose those over Krystal, there's just no way to be sure. :/
Right now what is important is that she does have a chance and that she isn't an impossible case like some characters could be, but we must not get over our heads, since a lot of characters have good potential being added to smash 4.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
To be fair, I was also quite active over at the Wolf support thread. And sorry about the double posts. Need to get rid of my Miiverse habits, I guess...
No jahkzheng meant me because I screwed up and accidentally double posted lol. Guess I'm not the only edgy one here, heh
edgykpop2.0.png

Last edited:

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
No jahkzheng meant me because I screwed up and accidentally double posted lol. Guess I'm not the only edgy one here, heh View attachment 76912
Oh, I see. I thought he was referring to the two posts I wrote in a row. Then be careful. If two edges clash they tend to get dull ;)

Dude, I think you watch too much Star Wars
You know it. Watched it all the time when I was little. On friggin' VHS-tape before George Lucas decided to include CGI (damn, I'm old xD) That's probably why I prefer Sci-Fi over everything else and why I love Starfox so much.

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
I know I sorta missed this conversation a little since I'm not regular to this thread as much as most of you... but I did read up on the whole 'salt party' that'll happen if Krystal makes the cut. I don't know why but I thought this was appropriate for how that fateful day will go if it does come... VERY appropriate...

From 0:00 to 1:45 specifically... We as SF fans should know this scene quite vividly...

Macbeth Base = a.k.a.: The House That Salt Built
Mechbeth = The collections of absent-minded haters that have been spewing on for years over just one blue female fox character...
Sunglasses Fox = Us fighting through the Ballot
Falco = Sakurai with that 'change course rescue'
Peppy = Nintendo telling us to pull the trigger... and...
Slippy (Ironically) = The Coroner (I can see the looks on their stupid faces...)

I'm not vindictive or malicious about it... but I WILL revel in the salt like it's the greatest shower I've ever taken in my life. I already scored Karin Kanzuki for Street Fighter 5 and that was an amazing 2-3 days worth of rage I laughed at from her nay-sayers... I might as well go 2-for-2 this year since I'm working a good track record... If Sakurai delivers on this ,oh man, I won't ask for anything else... It'll be just as hype for me for when Sonic made it into Brawl, but for a different reason; I feel she'd have well deserved it for enduring so much nonsense for so darn long... and she would've made it because we fought long and hard to get her there.

Last edited:

AceArcana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AceArcana
I know I sorta missed this conversation a little since I'm not regular to this thread as much as most of you... but I did read up on the whole 'salt party' that'll happen if Krystal makes the cut. I don't know why but I thought this was appropriate for how that fateful day will go if it does come... VERY appropriate...

From 0:00 to 1:45 specifically... We as SF fans should know this scene quite vividly...

Macbeth Base = a.k.a.: The House That Salt Built
Mechbeth = The collections of absent-minded haters that have been spewing on for years over just one blue female fox character...
Sunglasses Fox = Us fighting through the Ballot
Falco = Sakurai with that 'change course rescue'
Peppy = Nintendo telling us to pull the trigger... and...
Slippy (Ironically) = The Coroner (I can see the looks on their stupid faces...)

I'm not vindictive or malicious about it... but I WILL revel in the salt like it's the greatest shower I've ever taken in my life. I already scored Karin Kanzuki for Street Fighter 5 and that was an amazing 2-3 days worth of rage I laughed at from her nay-sayers... I might as well go 2-for-2 this year since I'm working a good track record... If Sakurai delivers on this ,oh man, I won't ask for anything else... It'll be just as hype for me for when Sonic made it into Brawl, but for a different reason; I feel she'd have well deserved it for enduring so much nonsense for so darn long... and she would've made it because we fought long and hard to get her there.
Interesting analogy. I think the "Defend the Orbital Gate" mission works, too. You know, us defending something against hundreds of flocking adversaries and incoming attacks just to finally proceed to invade the haters homebase ;)

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
It's hard to say what her chances are because we've yet to see the direction that Sakurai is going to take the ballot choices. He could stay first-party, go with third-party, or do some sort of combination. Personally, I believe Krystal's chances being somewhere between maybe 65-75%. I believe Wolf has closer to an 85-90%, Dixie about 70-80%, and Isaac about 60-75%. I'm going to go against the curve and say that K. Rool isn't actually going to get in (I don't know why, just a feeling I guess). Then it's impossible to say about third party because of legalities and what not. Of course these are only my assumptions based on a lot of poll data that I've seen along with relevance and that sort of thing.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
While wating for more information on the next DLC characters for Sm4sh I've been looking at random forums about Sm4sh & Star Fox. In one of the forums a comment was made about Wolf being in Sm4sh which intrigued me alot and it got me thinking. Now as I come to a conclusion about the comment. I can say with out hesitation that I fully agree with it. I will share my thoughts with you guys on this comment next.

To start out with I do want Wolf in Sm4sh, but it doesn't compare to how much I want Krystal in Sm4sh. Anyway, the main point is as much as I want Wolf in Sm4sh I'd rather Sakurai give us a bunch of new characters next as DLC then veteran characters. Why because Wolf would have been better off if Sakurai had given him to us when we received Lucas, Roy, & Ryu in my opinion. Don't get me wrong here I do want Wolf in Sm4sh, but again at this point in time I'd prefer if we got more new characters as DLC from Sakurai then veteran characters as Wolf would have been better to have received at the time when we got the last 3 DLC characters.

Last edited:

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
While wating for more information on the next DLC characters for Sm4sh I've been looking at random forums about Sm4sh & Star Fox. In one of the forums a comment was made about Wolf being in Sm4sh which intrigued me alot and it got me thinking. Now as I come to a conclusion about the comment. I can say with out hesitation that I fully agree with it. I will share my thoughts with you guys on this comment next.

To start out with I do want Wolf in Sm4sh, but it doesn't compare to how much I want Krystal in Sm4sh. Anyway, the main point is as much as I want Wolf in Sm4sh I'd rather Sakurai give us a bunch of new characters next as DLC then veteran characters. Why because Wolf would have been better off if Sakurai had given him to us when we received Lucas, Roy, & Ryu in my opinion. Don't get me wrong here I do want Wolf in Sm4sh, but again at this point in time I'd prefer if we got more new characters as DLC from Sakurai then veteran characters as Wolf would have been better to have received at the time when we got the last 3 DLC characters.
I think that I'd actually be a little upset if they considered Wolf a "ballot" character. Personally, that sounds like a cheap excuse for not putting in new characters that have yet to have their time to shine. If they wanted to add Wolf, then they should do it unrelated to the ballot and before the ballot ever ended. They have more than enough time to port Wolf over and update what they needed for the last 3-4 months.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's hard to say what her chances are because we've yet to see the direction that Sakurai is going to take the ballot choices. He could stay first-party, go with third-party, or do some sort of combination. Personally, I believe Krystal's chances being somewhere between maybe 65-75%. I believe Wolf has closer to an 85-90%, Dixie about 70-80%, and Isaac about 60-75%. I'm going to go against the curve and say that K. Rool isn't actually going to get in (I don't know why, just a feeling I guess). Then it's impossible to say about third party because of legalities and what not. Of course these are only my assumptions based on a lot of poll data that I've seen along with relevance and that sort of thing.
I kinda agree on K Rool, something just tells me it's not going to happen, especially with that mii costume. i guess you can make the argument that other characters have them but they're either chrom(lol), Inkling, who i think will be saved for smash 5 so splatoon can grow as it's own franchise and other random characters like Lloyd, Zero, X, Toad etc, who have no chance in the first place. Plus he's still pretty irrelevant which kinda goes against what Smash 4 is doing in terms of newcomers.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I kinda agree on K Rool, something just tells me it's not going to happen, especially with that mii costume. i guess you can make the argument that other characters have them but they're either chrom(lol), Inkling, who i think will be saved for smash 5 so splatoon can grow as it's own franchise and other random characters like Lloyd, Zero, X, Toad etc, who have no chance in the first place. Plus he's still pretty irrelevant which kinda goes against what Smash 4 is doing in terms of newcomers.
Who knows? K Rool can still make it in. The only downside is that his chances are not as nearly as high as it used to be after the reveal of his costume for the Mii Fighter. At least for Krystal on the other hand her chances are still very good and we have not seen anything on her being as a Mii Fighter costume. So it could be possible that Sakurai is going to consider her this time around as a playable character. At least he knows that there are fans out there from both the Japanese and Western audiences who still want to see her make it in since Brawl and add to that of the article of him considering her in Brawl. That is why I'm hoping that he doesn't ignore her this time.

Top Bottom