• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Found this while I was lookiing for Starfox stuff.

It's an online Comic (love VG comics :) )I haven't started reading it yet but I've from some impressions its pretty good anyways before I started reading it I wanted to share it with you guys.

Just google the name and you'll find it.
HAVE FUN KIDS!!

EDIT: Just found out that this kind of old by now I'm pretty sure some of you have alreaady seen it heh.

Last edited:

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
4 more days to promote the Krystal campaign and vote for her. Right now on a drawing spree in support for Krystal.

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
I've saw you recent Krystal drawings they were pretty good do you plan on making even more?! that's great!
If that's what it takes to influence the Krystal voters, I'll have to go to drastic lengths.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
You know...in regards to what Source Gaming drudged up about Krystal a while back...there's something no one's really brought up.

By now, we know moveset potential is a big deal for Sakurai and his team, correct? They look for characters who can bring something new to Smash, something that stands out amidst an ever-growing cast. I've seen some people assume they decide to add a character and then come up with a moveset for them, as if it's basically an afterthought, but as we've found out, that's not really the case. In fact, it was their apparent inability to find a moveset that felt right that kept the Villager out of Brawl, and Chrom's chances were basically ruined by the fact that much of his powerset felt like a retread of the Fire Emblem characters that were already in. This last year has taught us that they won't move forward with a character unless they have a moveset idea that they feel satisfied with.

...So what does it say that Krystal almost got into Brawl, and time constraints were what kept her out? Does that not imply they might've managed to come up with a moveset for her that they liked?

I wonder if they hung on to that moveset like they did with Roy's Brawl set that never came to be.

I wonder if that might give us a greater chance than we might've realized.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
And Wii U only, sadly. 3DS gets screwed out of a brand new stage. They compensated it by adding Duck Hunt from Wii U over to 3DS, at least you don't have to pay for it. I still feel ripped off.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
And Wii U only, sadly. 3DS gets screwed out of a brand new stage. They compensated it by adding Duck Hunt from Wii U over to 3DS, at least you don't have to pay for it. I still feel ripped off.
As much as I love Pirate Ship, I'd kill for an HD port of Magicant. The fact it's an exclusive on a platform I don't have was a real blow to me. People whine about it because it's not competitively viable, but for players like me, stages like that are gold.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love Pirate Ship, I'd kill for an HD port of Magicant. The fact it's an exclusive on a platform I don't have was a real blow to me. People whine about it because it's not competitively viable, but for players like me, stages like that are gold.
I like that stage, only thing that ruins it a bit for me is that flyingman (not quite sure what its name was...), but that would be cool to see on Wii U.
What I'd really love to see on Wii U would be the old dear Corneria. Me and my friend have always loved playing on that stage since Melee and we were both a bit disappointed that it was a 3DS exclusive stage. :/

Zteven

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zteven
3DS FC
5172-1365-2942
Not to mention we have a new Mii costume for Fox. Thank God it's not Krystal. >_<;

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Not to mention we have a new Mii costume for Fox. Thank God it's not Krystal. >_<;
While I don't think that getting a mii costume would count as a "deconfirmation", I still wouldn't wanna see her as mii costume in fear of that it would end up being just a consolation for people who wanted her...
I still think that the K Rool mii costume is just a small "gift" from the devs that gave it to us while we wait for the actual ballot characters, like K Rool himself. But who knows, anything is possible right now.

Zteven

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zteven
3DS FC
5172-1365-2942
While I don't think that getting a mii costume would count as a "deconfirmation", I still wouldn't wanna see her as mii costume in fear of that it would end up being just a consolation for people who wanted her...
I still think that the K Rool mii costume is just a small "gift" from the devs that gave it to us while we wait for the actual ballot characters, like K Rool himself. But who knows, anything is possible right now.
If she does ends up as a Mii costume, I think that Sakurai acknowledged her.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Not to mention that the Fox Mii costume I see there is based off on Fox himself from Starfox 64. Well at least there is no Krystal Mii fighter costume like what happened to K. Rool. But unfortunately still no new DLC characters at all. Wonder what's taking Sakurai so long on it. Hope we get new DLC characters soon instead of more Mii Fighter costumes.

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
This is an outrage! They chose Dixie Kong over Krystal after I laid out the design in front of them. That really stab me in the back. I got screwed over by a possible Diddy Kong clone. As good as they are in graphic design, they're not really good at making choices like Sakurai. Now, we only have 3 days left and as soon they make another design, it would be too late. Way to blow that one for the Krystal Team.

http://smashifiedart.com/characters/dixie-kong

Zteven

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zteven
3DS FC
5172-1365-2942
Not to mention that the Fox Mii costume I see there is based off on Fox himself from Starfox 64. Well at least there is no Krystal Mii fighter costume like what happened to K. Rool. But unfortunately still no new DLC characters at all. Wonder what's taking Sakurai so long on it. Hope we get new DLC characters soon instead of more Mii Fighter costumes.
I agreed that Sakurai is taking forever to announce a new fighter but who knows? We might get few veterans and hopefully more new DLC fighters.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I agreed that Sakurai is taking forever to announce a new fighter but who knows? We might get few veterans and hopefully more new DLC fighters.
Well to be honest, he did say after Ryu, Lucas and Roy was added that he would only focus on fan service (implying that the next fighters would be from the ballot). We assumed that there could still be some veterans that could be added before the ballot, but right now it kinda seems like it isn't the case, but it's still possible of course.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
This is an outrage! They chose Dixie Kong over Krystal after I laid out the design in front of them. That really stab me in the back. I got screwed over by a possible Diddy Kong clone. As good as they are in graphic design, they're not really good at making choices like Sakurai. Now, we only have 3 days left and as soon they make another design, it would be too late. Way to blow that one for the Krystal Team.

http://smashifiedart.com/characters/dixie-kong
You really thought it would've been Krystal after all the hints?

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Hey everybody, it's been a long time!

Can someone catch me up on what was discussed here? I figured I'd come back to this site just to see what people though about the rest of the possible DLC characters, including Krystal.

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
Hey everybody, it's been a long time!

Can someone catch me up on what was discussed here? I figured I'd come back to this site just to see what people though about the rest of the possible DLC characters, including Krystal.
Well the rest of DLC characters are coming along so well, except for Krystal for some reason.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yeah, Omni really can't make good choices, I mean Travis isn't even a real Earthbound character, next thing you know, he's going to freaking do Nazo from Nazo Unleashed

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
I really wish they'd stop pumping out so many Mii costumes. For one, they're not playable online or in most tournaments for that matter. They don't actually add anything to the game either. Stages I don't mind, even though all I play is the Final Destination mode of maps. We're due for some characters and my best guess is a Direct or something shortly after the ballot ends. I guess Nintendo is afraid of revealing anything prior to the ballot expiration because of possible backlash from fans.

And don't mind him, he's just upset that Dixie got the most recent Smashified spot. Although it's kind of special that they decided to do a second rep for the D.K. series before someone like Krystal is a bit obnoxious. But oh well, it's not like they're solely responsible for who gets into the actual game. As for your question, Krystal isn't doing too bad. She was top 20 overall on the most recent poll, but that was including several characters that are more that likely not coming for various reasons. That would drop her down probably around the top 10 spot overall. I believe in the newcomers for already represented series she was #4.

In the end, she will either get in or she won't. I've wanted her in since Brawl was being revealed character by character so I try not to get my hopes up. She's possibly being written out of Star Fox due to their reboot of Star Fox 64 with Zero. I can't see them revisiting what all the fans got so pissy about with Star Fox Adventures. So we'll see what happens. lol

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I really wish they'd stop pumping out so many Mii costumes. For one, they're not playable online or in most tournaments for that matter. They don't actually add anything to the game either. Stages I don't mind, even though all I play is the Final Destination mode of maps. We're due for some characters and my best guess is a Direct or something shortly after the ballot ends. I guess Nintendo is afraid of revealing anything prior to the ballot expiration because of possible backlash from fans.

And don't mind him, he's just upset that Dixie got the most recent Smashified spot. Although it's kind of special that they decided to do a second rep for the D.K. series before someone like Krystal is a bit obnoxious. But oh well, it's not like they're solely responsible for who gets into the actual game. As for your question, Krystal isn't doing too bad. She was top 20 overall on the most recent poll, but that was including several characters that are more that likely not coming for various reasons. That would drop her down probably around the top 10 spot overall. I believe in the newcomers for already represented series she was #4.

In the end, she will either get in or she won't. I've wanted her in since Brawl was being revealed character by character so I try not to get my hopes up. She's possibly being written out of Star Fox due to their reboot of Star Fox 64 with Zero. I can't see them revisiting what all the fans got so pissy about with Star Fox Adventures. So we'll see what happens. lol
Not to mention how Krystal was considered for Brawl because Sakurai already had a moveset in mind from the start, if Krystal is DLC, she will return in Star Fox NX

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
There were mixed reaction about Krystal on miiverse. And since Krystal was not featured in the smashified art, she's wont be getting much attention and she might lose her chance to be smash.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne

I was hoping for a character or two, but pirate ship is a nice edition. I guess we'll just have to wait a little longer to find out who was chosen.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
She was top 20 overall on the most recent poll, but that was including several characters that are more that likely not coming for various reasons. That would drop her down probably around the top 10 spot overall. I believe in the newcomers for already represented series she was #4.

I
From what I've seen I'm definetly sure she's at TOP 20 in America/Europe and Top 10 in Japan.
Not too shabby.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
feel free to argue with this because i'd really love to be convinced that i'm wrong, but...

as of today's content update i'm kinda losing faith in getting to see Krystal. I'd have thought Wolf would be a lock for pre-ballot DLC, but with the amount of votes he's gotten there's no way he won't be coming back anyway. I don't see them adding a whole lot more, and two from the same series seems even less likely to me.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
feel free to argue with this because i'd really love to be convinced that i'm wrong, but...

as of today's content update i'm kinda losing faith in getting to see Krystal. I'd have thought Wolf would be a lock for pre-ballot DLC, but with the amount of votes he's gotten there's no way he won't be coming back anyway. I don't see them adding a whole lot more, and two from the same series seems even less likely to me.
Did you just brought a negative comment to our Krystal parade...
Guys.

Don't take it too seriously. Lol

Last edited:

Cane Seven

Smash Cadet
Don't freak out, man. It's just Dixie. There's nothing wrong with that.
Attitudes is something I don't wanna see in this thread.

Yeah, Omni really can't make good choices, I mean Travis isn't even a real Earthbound character, next thing you know, he's going to freaking do Nazo from Nazo Unleashed
Seriously? You think Dixie isn't a "good choice?" She's a popular character too.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
There were mixed reaction about Krystal on miiverse. And since Krystal was not featured in the smashified art, she's wont be getting much attention and she might lose her chance to be smash.
Yeah, it sucks Krystal was looked over yet again, but that render came out just yesterday. It's a little late in the ballot to be getting any real votes, and to be quite honest, Krystal has been getting lots of them from the beginning anyway. How much would it have mattered at this stage? Every little bit helps, but I don't think a late render is a game changer.
Did you just brought a negative comment in our Krystal parade...
Guys.
There's no real cause to panic. I don't think Krystal's chances hinge on Wolf and I think the fact she wasn't made a Mii costume in that Star Fox segment is a good thing. The way the thread is reacting right now, you'd think there was a Krystal Mii costume.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Well I just can't think of a good moveset for Dixie, she will probably be a Diddy clone, and honestly, I do think that DK should get another rep, BUT I am firmly supporting K Rool for that

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I feel like people tend to take this smashified thing a bit too seriously and in a wrong way. It's just some guys who thought it would be fun and cool to draw different characters in smash 4 art style. Not a way to advertise anyone to be in smash, but people have managed to twist this innocent fun into something that it is not. Don't get mad at them for not drawing the character you wanted, sure I would've liked to see them draw Krystal, but it's not mine or anyone else's decision who they're going to draw, it's theirs.
If they want to draw Shrek in smash 4 art style, then they can do that, it's not like Sakurai is going to look at their art and choose from those characters that get to be in smash 4, so why does this matter so much?

Soon the ballot suggestion box closes and I hope we can start being a bit more calm about all this and just be excited about who's getting in, because after that we have done everything we can and it's just up to the devs who's getting in.
Sure, I will be disappointed if Krystal doesn't make it in because she's the only one I happen to care about getting in smash. I have zero interest in K Rool or any other character (a little care for Wolf though), but I will still be glad for those who got their wishes fulfilled (though with few salty tears in my eyes that no one shall see), it's not wrong for them to want something different than what I want.
And if Sakurai could, he would most likely make all the characters that we wanted, but we know that that is impossible, and that he just has to choose from a long long list of characters. I know people will be disappointed and get cranky about it and most likely just start yelling hate towards everyone who got what they wanted and also the dev team, especially Sakurai. But he and his team can only choose few, we have to accept that fact. Let's be happy that we were given the chance to voice our opinions and the ability to let the devs know who we would love to see in smash, it's not everyday these kinds of opportunities happen.

Last edited:

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
I feel like people tend to take this smashified thing a bit too seriously and in a wrong way. It's just some guys who thought it would be fun and cool to draw different characters in smash 4 art style. Not a way to advertise anyone to be in smash, but people have managed to twist this innocent fun into something that it is not. Don't get mad at them for not drawing the character you wanted, sure I would've liked to see them draw Krystal, but it's not mine or anyone else's decision who their going to draw, it's theirs.
If they want to draw Shrek in smash 4 art style, then they can do that, it's not like Sakurai is going to look at their art and choose from those characters that get to be in smash 4, so why does this matter so much?

Soon the ballot suggestion box closes and I hope we can start being a bit more calm about all this and just be excited about who's getting in, because after that we have done everything we can and it's just up to the devs who's getting in.
Sure, I will be disappointed if Krystal doesn't make it in because she's the only one I happen to care about getting in smash. I have zero interest in K Rool or any other character (a little care for Wolf though), but I will still be glad for those who got their wishes fulfilled (though with few salty tears in my eyes that no one shall see), it's not wrong for them to want something different than what I want.
And if Sakurai could, he would most likely make all the characters that we wanted, but we know that that is impossible, and that he just has to choose from a long long list of characters. I know people will be disappointed and get cranky about it and most likely just start yelling hate towards everyone who got what they wanted and also the dev team, especially Sakurai. But he and his team can only choose few, we have to except that fact. Let's be happy that we were given the chance to voice our opinions and the ability to let the devs know who we would love to see in smash, it's not everyday these kinds of opportunities happen.

This post was beautiful! :'D

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Since when did Smashified have anything to do with who'd be getting in Smash? That's like saying whoever's number 1 on the ballot automatically gets in, it just doesnt work especially since Sakurai bases it on uniqueness, and as others have just said this is the same guy who chose a fan character from an earthbound fan game, and even the fanbase from that's been pretty obnoxious as of late with the art acting like its canon and all.

IIn the end, she will either get in or she won't. I've wanted her in since Brawl was being revealed character by character so I try not to get my hopes up. She's possibly being written out of Star Fox due to their reboot of Star Fox 64 with Zero. I can't see them revisiting what all the fans got so pissy about with Star Fox Adventures. So we'll see what happens. lol
I dont know why people are still on about this meaningless reboot theory, nothing was ever stated of it being such that it was even confirmed it's in an alternate universe, and even those on gamefaqs know this. You might as well go and say Metroid Zero Mission wrote off everything because it rebooted the NES game, but it didn't because Prime 3 released soon after, it literally shares the same Zero title and that came out long before this, so I dont see the point here. The only people that are still on this are the same people who for some mental reason cannot get past 64, it's like this one guy I used to follow long ago before everyone and I turned on him, his avgn clone videos were relatively ok, but boy did he have this problem with Jason Griffith and the Sonic games in general after the Adventure series. And like this guy, minus the lawsuit threats, these people who're still on about the Star Fox sequels and Krystal are nothing more than a minority.

It's pretty damn ironic too considering how I heard 64s 3DS version was nowhere near as how the original 64 game did back in 97, even those sequels and the snes original minus Command did a better job than it, so I mean if Star Fox was truly that popular, it would've still done as well, but it didn't. It's why I claim Zero is doomed because not only did Nintendo fail to keep the series alive in the same way they do with Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, but they delayed the game from the time that it could've had some chance, but even that was going to get overshadowed by four AAA games because not only is that what people want but i've said before, the genre Star Fox is died eons ago. The real kicker, its release is right around the WiiUs ending period, so that makes things even worse. I could be wrong though, but until then.

And boy am I picking the right time to do this, but I feel I must. People, I should've said this months ago, and I know it was terrible to act differently about it, though really I just didnt want the attention, but the person who, and still is doing those Krystal doodles...

20150926_173441 (1).jpg
20150926_173512 (1).jpg

is me

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
I'm not mad that Dixie got smashified it's their choice.

Ohh but I do feel lied gotta ask where is the "good amount of blue" thing they mentioned...?
Where is it?
I don't see any blue...
Do you?
Am I color blind?
Am I looking into a different picture?
Why they hint us like that...

No Krystal....

deep breath* I'm cool.

THERE'S NO FREAKING BLUE!!!

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice

Yeah I had a feeling that the costume are a bad business practice (nickeling and diming DLC like some other companies do).

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I'm not mad that Dixie got smashified it's their choice.

Ohh but I do feel lied gotta ask where is the "good amount of blue" thing they mentioned...?
Where is it?
I don't see any blue...
Do you?
Am I color blind?
Am I looking into a different picture?
Why they hint us like that...

No Krystal....

deep breath* I'm cool.

THERE'S NO FREAKING BLUE!!!

Somehow the earrings are that, but they're teal, not blue. He's clearly bad at giving hints.

Top Bottom