• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Is Star Fox Zero not a reboot? Because, if it is, technically everything is non-canon aside from Star Fox Zero. I thought that was why Krystal fans were outraged a few months ago. It was presumed that she was removed from canon, correct? Or did I misconstrue something?
For now, we are being told the it's only a reimagining (AKA remake, since they both basically mean the same thing), meaning that supposedly they are going to continue the old story later, but like I said, "for now".
It could end up being a full on reboot, except they would probably call it "series reimagining", since Nintendo or Miyamoto (whoever) has issues doing the same things as others in the industry, so they make fun new names so that it would seem like they're making something differently.
They did say that Zero isn't supposed to be a "remake", because it takes place in a different universe, so both timelines should "stay" cannon that way. So it could be a reboot in the end, because they would continue the new timeline (except it wouldn't be a reboot for Nintendo since they don't do what everyone else does ;) ).

I know sounds confusing, thank Nintendo for that!

In short and simple answer, for now it's only supposed to be a remake of SF N64, and not anything that would replace the original story. But there is a possibility that Nintendo would choose to replace the original story and continue on with the new one.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
For now, we are being told the it's only a reimagining (AKA remake, since they both basically mean the same thing), meaning that supposedly they are going to continue the old story later, but like I said, "for now".
It could end up being a full on reboot, except they would probably call it "series reimagining", since Nintendo or Miyamoto (whoever) has issues doing the same things as others in the industry, so they make fun new names so that it would seem like they're making something differently.
They did say that Zero isn't supposed to be a "remake", because it takes place in a different universe, so both timelines should "stay" cannon that way. So it could be a reboot in the end, because they would continue the new timeline (except it wouldn't be a reboot for Nintendo since they don't do what everyone else does ;) ).

I know sounds confusing, thank Nintendo for that!

In short and simple answer, for now it's only supposed to be a remake of SF N64, and not anything that would replace the original story. But there is a possibility that Nintendo would choose to replace the original story and continue on with the new one.
Yeah Nintendo likes to sort things out by ear, or by each separate situation as they present themselves. Rarely do they plan out the entirety of a series, for example. They might have a general idea of where to go, but as they're creating the games they're coming up with content on the spot.

Then again, this happens a lot in the videogame industry. I guess it's what happens when you're trying to get many people behind the creation of something on the same page; it just isn't entirely feasible. Also feedback plays a huge role too.

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Is Star Fox Zero not a reboot? Because, if it is, technically everything is non-canon aside from Star Fox Zero. I thought that was why Krystal fans were outraged a few months ago. It was presumed that she was removed from canon, correct? Or did I misconstrue something?
Those who're saying it is a reboot are the same people that still to this day cannot get over 64, in other words it's a made up fan theory or "truth" as much as what the smash community has made up since Brawl, though in this case they've made up way more than this. Supposedly this too happened when Metroid Zero Mission first released as it was a reimagining of the first game, even had the same title that Star Fox eventually uses.

Hell speaking of, this gamestop employee when buying the retro pack thought the same thing and he looked like he was in his mid 30s, i'm pretty sure someone at that age would be pretty irritated if something they grew up with got that sort of thing, it'd be like if they rebooted Star Wars entirely after what, forty years? You know there'd be a revolt, but other than that it's best not to go by what some are saying because even the team stated it's set in it's own universe compared to the original.

Imagine if one day Miyamoto got back into the Zelda games and decided to retell the nes original for the same nostalgic reasons he did for Zero, I almost bet the same thing will happen as a good chunk of people despise what happened either when or after OoT showed up. Nintendo fanbases as someone said seem to be really messed up after all.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Nintendo likes to sort things out by ear, or by each separate situation as they present themselves. Rarely do they plan out the entirety of a series, for example. They might have a general idea of where to go, but as they're creating the games they're coming up with content on the spot.

Then again, this happens a lot in the videogame industry. I guess it's what happens when you're trying to get many people behind the creation of something on the same page; it just isn't entirely feasible. Also feedback plays a huge role too.
Usually when creating series and such, the creators tend to have a direction that they want to go with (Mass Effect), but of course there are scenarios where they make one game only, but later decide to give it a sequel because of the demand (No More Heroes 2). But even with a direction, a lot of things can happen that end up changing the original vision.
With Nintendo, I doubt they ever plan anything for future regarding to their games. Their rare attempt of story telling shows it quite well, but really, there is no need for them to do so either, because they always focus on gameplay and that really can't be planned ahead for future projects.

Those who're saying it is a reboot are the same people that still to this day cannot get over 64, in other words it's a made up fan theory or "truth" as much as what the smash community has made up since Brawl, though in this case they've made up way more than this. Supposedly this too happened when Metroid Zero Mission first released as it was a reimagining of the first game, even had the same title that Star Fox eventually uses.

Hell speaking of, this gamestop employee when buying the retro pack thought the same thing and he looked like he was in his mid 30s, i'm pretty sure someone at that age would be pretty irritated if something they grew up with got that sort of thing, it'd be like if they rebooted Star Wars entirely after what, forty years? You know there'd be a revolt, but other than that it's best not to go by what some are saying because even the team stated it's set in it's own universe compared to the original.

Imagine if one day Miyamoto got back into the Zelda games and decided to retell the nes original for the same nostalgic reasons he did for Zero, I almost bet the same thing will happen as a good chunk of people despise what happened either when or after OoT showed up. Nintendo fanbases as someone said seem to be really messed up after all.
Honestly, I think the reason SF is getting a reimagining is because Miyamoto is working on it and he really didn't wanna touch the already messy story of SF, but rather just focus on making good and unique gameplay (the good and unique can be argued about when the game is finally released, but I'm sure that's what he was thinking when starting the creation of SF Zero).
But right now, I also believe that anything is possible.
Maybe the next team will decide to "correct the damage" that Command caused, either ignoring it or by continuing the story from it by choosing one of the endings as canon. Or they take the easier route and continue onward with Zero, meaning that anything would be possible then and they wouldn't have to limit themselves as badly. Maybe Krystal and others would return in someway or be forgotten completely.
Like I said ^ up there "I doubt they ever plan anything for future regarding to their games", so maybe Miyamoto is saying it's a "reimagining", so that he doesn't have to make the call for the future of the series.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
That could be a sign that their image of innovation is a pretentious one (just like their kid-friendly image).

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
That could be a sign that their image of innovation is a pretentious one (just like their kid-friendly image).
While I do think their kid-friendly image is "real", I know they are also horrible control freaks.
It's like they smile at you in front of a curtain, wanting that you also smile back. But if you don't, there's a man with a shotgun ready to shoot you in the face behind the curtain. And only you (the people who know what kind of control freaks and how stubborn they are) know the mans existence behind the curtain, while others (the casual people who don't follow gaming as much, but just play games) simply smile back at them, because they don't know the "bad" side of Nintendo.

Nintendo does a lot of things well that other companies in the industry do horribly, but even when they take a step forward, they also take at least two steps back at the same time. I honestly am sometimes ashamed that I happen to support this company financially when I buy their products. >_>

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Honestly? They're probably just playing this one safe because they're afraid it might fail otherwise. With how much controversy Star Fox has drawn before, they don't want to stir the pot too much yet.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I just hope Star Fox Zero has things to really set it apart from Star Fox 64 because if it's not then it'll be like playing the same game 3 times just updated. I want this game to suceed mainly to see what Nintendo will do next with it

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just hope Star Fox Zero has things to really set it apart from Star Fox 64 because if it's not then it'll be like playing the same game 3 times just updated. I want this game to suceed mainly to see what Nintendo will do next with it
Well is is also partially a remake of the cancelled Star Fox Two, just minus the two new team members.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Well is is also partially a remake of the cancelled Star Fox Two, just minus the two new team members.
I always wanted Nintendo to bring back Miyu and Fay just to have more characters. Star Fox characters are fun when they interact with each other and adding to more would be fun

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hi, everyone! I'm NonSpecificGuy and I'm the co-owner of the Wolf support account on Twitter! I want to give you guys a shoutout and I was wondering if there was a specific account I could tag? Thanks!

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
While I do think their kid-friendly image is "real", I know they are also horrible control freaks.
It's like they smile at you in front of a curtain, wanting that you also smile back. But if you don't, there's a man with a shotgun ready to shoot you in the face behind the curtain. And only you (the people who know what kind of control freaks and how stubborn they are) know the mans existence behind the curtain, while others (the casual people who don't follow gaming as much, but just play games) simply smile back at them, because they don't know the "bad" side of Nintendo.

Nintendo does a lot of things well that other companies in the industry do horribly, but even when they take a step forward, they also take at least two steps back at the same time. I honestly am sometimes ashamed that I happen to support this company financially when I buy their products. >_>

Well their family-friendly image is a façade used to hide their corrupt and greedy nature.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Wonder if this is convincing enough that it actually gets published
Krystals been one of the few characters in Star Fox that really has a backstory, and despite the lack of exploration which i'd love to see on her end in the series soon, i'd love to be able to play as her and potentially revisit the planet Sauria in the game. Star Fox is pretty underrated and I think adding the girl of the Star Fox team would help with it on top of what she'd offer as a fighter with her staff and all, it'd also be funny to see Fox's reaction to see his girlfriend appear to fight him like when he first met her in Adventures.

In short, she's one of my favorite characters.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Well their family-friendly image is a façade used to hide their corrupt and greedy nature.
I really don't agree with this. If they were truly greedy then SF Zero for an example, would not have been delayed, because they already lose money by doing so and they miss the holiday sales. Which a lot of other companies choose to not miss even, though their game is clearly unfinished, and last year we saw a bunch of these kinds of rushed games. Best examples being Assassins Creed Unity and Halo Master Chief collection. Plus they don't have a subscription for online/internet on their systems, and their DLC has had the best value compared to many other companies DLC practices. And they at least try (not saying they succeed) to do something new with everything they do. Unlike many other companies, for an example Ubisoft, who keep releasing same games yearly with few additions. If they were truly greedy like others, then these things would already exist with Nintendo.
The only part where I could understand the "Nintendo is greedy" argument, is with their youtube policies, but I don't believe they do it for the money...
Nintendo just has issues in evolving and seeing things as they actually are, because they are lead by old people who are out of touch with modern day gaming market.
They also have a huge issue with their control freakish attitude about everything. They have to have 110% percent control of their whole image, so they attack anyone who might do something they don't like, which ironically makes them look like complete assholes to anyone who knows about it. This is why I think they have those crappy youtube policies, because the need for control and the lack of understanding and even probably the lack of wanting to understand. They obviously live in some kind of a bubble with their own thoughts and ignore everything outside of it.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Sorry for the double post there, guys. The computer froze there. It wouldn't let me take out this second comment. Ignore this comment here.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Or who knows? Maybe Miyu and Fay could make it in after all since they are using elements from the cancelled Starfox 2 game. I'm wondering what will happen this Wednesday with the new DLC content coming for Smash 4.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Or who knows? Maybe Miyu and Fay could make it in after all since they are using elements from the cancelled Starfox 2 game. I'm wondering what will happen this Wednesday with the new DLC content coming for Smash 4.

I wonder what their personalities would be though? Falco's is the cocky ace, Peppy of the old mentor figure, Slippy's of the technically brilliant but combat impaired. Asault's partner behaviour design wasn't as good at establishing personalities and action through gameplay (seriously, look how neutered Falco's attitude is) so Krystal didn't have one as easily identifyable but seems to be intended to be able to sense danger coming.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
We can expect heavy activity on the eshop, that much is certain. Anything else besides the Mario Maker stage is an utter mystery. That is, unless, your father works at Nintendo or you were recently fired from Namco. One other reminder: anyone can make convincing text leaks. Expect at least a few more of those in the lead-up.

Last edited:

Old School Tommy

Smash Cadet
I'd like to know why certain people think villains / anti-heroes have more clout over other characters. When it comes down to characters such as Krystal, Wolf, K Rool, and Dixie... I'll explain, for Krystal I usually see comments like:

"She's not getting in before Wolf."
"Not before Wolf! This game needs more villains. Plus, she's not even in SFZ."

For Wolf, I get the vet part. People just want what they had before. Her "not being in SFZ" isn't a good reason.
Okay, going by that "recent / newest game logic" Dixie wins over K Rool because... DKC: Tropical Freeze.
The comments for Dixie is something similar, but in reverse:

"We need K Rool first. I wouldn't mind Dixie though."
"Not before the king."

So, for Krystal, her "not being in SFZ hurts her chances" for Smash, but K Rool (who missed out on Returns & Tropical Freeze) isn't being brought down by this. The common defense I mainly see for this is: "He's a major villain. K Rool was the final boss for three games, and he's the Bowser of DK."

Does anyone see the broken logic anywhere?

Note: I support all four. Don't try to twist this as if I'm bashing characters. I'm just pointing out the flawed logic people have.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Wolf isn't even a villian anymore. He's more a crook than a villian in all honesty

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I'd like to know why certain people think villains / anti-heroes have more clout over other characters. When it comes down to characters such as Krystal, Wolf, K Rool, and Dixie... I'll explain, for Krystal I usually see comments like:

For Wolf, I get the vet part. People just want what they had before. Her "not being in SFZ" isn't a good reason.
Okay, going by that "recent / newest game logic" Dixie wins over K Rool because... DKC: Tropical Freeze.

"Not before the king."

So, for Krystal, her "not being in SFZ hurts her chances" for Smash, but K Rool (who missed out on Returns & Tropical Freeze) isn't being brought down by this. The common defense I mainly see for this is: "He's a major villain. K Rool was the final boss for three games, and he's the Bowser of DK."

Note: I support all four. Don't try to twist this as if I'm bashing characters. I'm just pointing out the flawed logic people have.
Oh, trust me. We know full well the doublethought behind such arguments.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman

"Not before the king."

That's what happens when people have to be biased about their opinions and "wants". There really are no specific rules on who's getting in as DLC (sure there are of course for those completely absurd ideas like Shrek, but I'm talking about "legit" characters), people just try and make their own "connections and rules", like the one where "only one character per 3rd party company" which was debunked with Ryu and Megaman. People think there's some kind of a "Sakurais character inclusion rule book" that he uses to choose who gets in, when there clearly isn't.
Sakurai has stated a lot of factors that goes into his decision when choosing fighters, biggest probably being that if he doesn't believe or can't vision some specific character being a unique and a good addition to the roster, then that's it, we can't change that no matter how much we would yell how someone is unique etc.

People think there should be more villains simply because they want them, not because there actually should be. I could as well say that "no, it needs more female fighters, that's what's important!", even though both are just opinions.
SF community happens to be very split and quite hostile with their opinions, so it isn't surprising that many only want Wolf and don't want/care for Krystal (sure there are some of course who want both from both sides), but yeah, just biased opinions/fears about the fact that their character would become more unlikely added to the game if someone else gets added before them.

With DK series, people tend to be a lot more friendly compared to SF community. Almost everyone who likes DK games like both Dixie and K Rool, but they just happen to want K Rool more for smash. In the end they'll be happy that DK series would get more reps no matter which one would get in, meanwhile SF series fans are split with Krystal, some hate her and others like her, so it's expected that some would simply oppose Krystal over Wolf.

If I'm being honest, if I had to choose between Wolf and Krystal, I'd choose Krystal simply because I want something new and potentially different compared to the other SF reps. But best scenario for me would be that both get in! Then my dream roster would be kinda finished. :3

And no worries, nobody's going to think you are bashing anyone, all you said is sadly true. Also people tend to use an argument regarding to the "why is K Rool possible but Krystal isn't" that K Rool is retro, but Krystal isn't. (not really a good reason either, but it's what a lot of people tend to say when such question is brought up).

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

"Not before the king."

Oh, trust me. We know full well the doublethought behind such arguments.
Yeah selective argumentation (cherry picking) is a logical fallacy that seems to grasp some people in the Smash community. It's even worse if they're not aware of their own strange and contradictory conclusions.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I wonder what their personalities would be though? Falco's is the cocky ace, Peppy of the old mentor figure, Slippy's of the technically brilliant but combat impaired. Asault's partner behaviour design wasn't as good at establishing personalities and action through gameplay (seriously, look how neutered Falco's attitude is) so Krystal didn't have one as easily identifyable but seems to be intended to be able to sense danger coming.
Well they did explain why he's less of an ass in the series after 64, because he left for awhile after a dispute with Fox during the Titania incident. So I dont see how that's neutered, that's more like character development.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If I'm Fox McCloud, Falco losing some of that attitude is a plus. I want minimal lip from my team. Egos and high end ships don't mix.

Last edited:

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Falco in Assault was a respectable person. He wasn't that loud mouth cocky bird we knew in 64, he was something different. He still acts tough, but does it in way respectable way. Like when Fox wanted to take out the radar jamars in Corneria by himself, Falco was trying to keep his cool but you could tell he was worry just like everyone else.

But no Falco is better than Brawl Falco. He was fun, had a colorful personality, and his voice actor was amazing.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I really don't agree with this. If they were truly greedy then SF Zero for an example, would not have been delayed, because they already lose money by doing so and they miss the holiday sales. Which a lot of other companies choose to not miss even, though their game is clearly unfinished, and last year we saw a bunch of these kinds of rushed games. Best examples being Assassins Creed Unity and Halo Master Chief collection. Plus they don't have a subscription for online/internet on their systems, and their DLC has had the best value compared to many other companies DLC practices. And they at least try (not saying they succeed) to do something new with everything they do. Unlike many other companies, for an example Ubisoft, who keep releasing same games yearly with few additions. If they were truly greedy like others, then these things would already exist with Nintendo.
The only part where I could understand the "Nintendo is greedy" argument, is with their youtube policies, but I don't believe they do it for the money...
Nintendo just has issues in evolving and seeing things as they actually are, because they are lead by old people who are out of touch with modern day gaming market.
They also have a huge issue with their control freakish attitude about everything. They have to have 110% percent control of their whole image, so they attack anyone who might do something they don't like, which ironically makes them look like complete ******** to anyone who knows about it. This is why I think they have those crappy youtube policies, because the need for control and the lack of understanding and even probably the lack of wanting to understand. They obviously live in some kind of a bubble with their own thoughts and ignore everything outside of it.

Hmph, I suggest you watch this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WABZJVAbN_I

It shows just how corrupt they are.

As for doing DC pretty good, well then explain stuff like the DLC issue with Fire Emblem Fates, amiibos functioning as Disc-Locked Day 1 DLC, Splatoon's disc-locked content (as well as being rushed), etc. As for releasing the same games each year, Nintendo does it too, milking Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

As for doing DC pretty good, well then explain stuff like the DLC issue with Fire Emblem Fates, amiibos functioning as Disc-Locked Day 1 DLC, Splatoon's disc-locked content (as well as being rushed), etc. As for releasing the same games each year, Nintendo does it too, milking Mario, Zelda, and Pokémon.
To be fair...

people go ****ing ballistic without a new Zelda or Pokemon. I do think the general gaming population is tired of Mario, but he's Mario. He's basically Mr. Video Games. And the vast majority of his gigantic gaming library is very good. There's a better chance than not that picking up a Mario game will be a good experience. In Nintedo's defense. These 'milked' titles always iterate or innovate somehow, and are always of quality, hence why people lap this stuff up but are annoyed with AC or CoD yearly releases since it's mostly more of the same.

Also, Amiibo "unlocks" are usually pretty minor. Even the skins in SMM can be unlocked without the amiibo. Otherwise they really only add trivial things. It's not like entire stories, campaigns, multiplayer maps, or full on characters are locked behind them. It would be a travesty considering how rare these amiibos are to come by outside of Wave 1. Animal Crossing Party nonsense aside.

FE: Fates ...well, they tried to go the Pokemon model. At least they have fully separate campaigns vs. Pokemon having a few exclusive 'mons on each version. This is something I really can't defend.

I can't talk on behalf of Splatoon.

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
The Assault characterizations are my favorite, honestly. Fox as the calm and collected leader, Slippy as the competent engineer, Falco as the still hotheaded yet a little more subdued ace pilot, Krystal as the calm and even a bit serene telepath pilot, and Peppy as the wise tactical head of the team.

As much as I don't think Krystal HAS to have some sort of defined niche in the team--she's a pilot, Star Fox is made up of pilots, and her powers have to be tactical assets all their own--I could see her being in charge of heavy weapons. That picture of her with the gattling gun from Assault artwork comes to mind.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman

Lengthy post about not Krystal in the spoiler, don't read unless you have nothing better to do.

Yes they have done horrible job with amiibos, there's no denying that, but most of the time the content that those things unlock is meaningless and not worth a penny. Worst probably was with splatoon, since they basically locked sp content behind amiibos and locking one weapon in Hyrule Warriors, but otherwise missing out on miicostumes doesn't mean a single thing for me (note. I'm not defending Nintendo here, this is just how I feel about amiibos in general, if it's something really minor, I don't honestly care, but if it's actually something that could be considered meaningful content, like Splatoons sp missions, then it does piss me off). Honestly if you buy the amiibos for the DLC content, then I think you are doing it wrong, I always thought that you buy amiibos for the figurine itself, not for something that it unlocks. Best would be of course that they would simply remove the pointless DLC from those and would just sell them as toys.

Splatoon wasn't released as unfinished, it was released with most of the stuff locked that were released after a certain amount of time had passed and it was all released for free, if they would've wanted to sell that content (like *ssh*less/capcom :p) then they could've. Do I like that they did it that way? No, it's dumb and shows how they feel the need to control everything. I know that in the states it was released at 60 dollar price, but around here where I live (in Finland) it was being sold cheaper than a full priced game, almost half the price.
Disc-Locked content isn't necessarily bad, it's dumb yes, but if it's given out for free eventually, then it's "ok". If you have pay actual money to unlock it, then that's just bs and wrong.

Mario games tend to be the ones that they release frequently without much changes, but that's really only with the 2D "new" series. All their other games tend to do a lot of things differently. Last time I checked everyone was begging for a Majoras mask remake and were happy when they announced it. LoZ triforce heroes is continuing the coop multiplayer Zelda series, which have differed quite a bit from the vanilla LoZ sp games, and hasn't had another game with its gameplay style for awhile. Pokemon tends to stay the same after all these years, but a lot of people don't mind that since when you look at something like Final Fantasy series and see how they desperately keep trying to reinvent the wheel of stationary RPG combat, and even so they still do make plenty of new additions to the pokemon series.

If Nintendo truly would want to milk every single penny from consumers pockets, they would be releasing a whole lot more games from their other series, like Smash for an example which is only released once per console.

And about that whole monopoly thing in that video that you linked. All I'm going to say, if it happened to be anyone else on Nintendos place back then, things would have stayed the same on that situation, because what company wouldn't want to be a freaking monopoly who has no competition and gets sales easily.
I'm not saying "that's good" or "nintendo doesn't do wrong", because they do, every big freaking company does. If some jackass says "Nintendo is good, they don't do anything wrong, they do everything in the bests of interests of the consumer", well they are just delusional. No consumer should ever defend or be on any companies side regarding to these things. Companies want to and need to make a profit in order to exist, that's just how these things work and Nintendo is no different from any of them. If they (or any other company for that matter) think for a clever way to get more sales from a product, then they will most likely use it, even if it wouldn't be for the best for the consumers. It doesn't make them "evil" or necessarily even "greedy", it's just business and that's how business works in this world unfortunately. Should we the consumers allow that kind of behavior? of course not! And we have to show them that by not supporting them, when they do such things.
Nintendo uses the "child friendly image" that they have in order to market themselves as such, so that they could reach other demographics than just "HC gamers". Does it make it fake? Not really, marketing is marketing but it doesn't change the fact that they are a company that needs to make money in order to exist.
You might as well then say that all companies are evil, because they try to make a profit.

Note. I'm not supporting anyone who does anti consumer acts and think it's "ok", but I do understand what it means to be a big company. If somehow a company manages to do anti consumer acts all the time and still make a profit from it every single time, then at that point we can only blame ourselves as the consumers who support that kind of a company.
I hate a lot of things in gaming industry these days, because my favorite hobby is being butchered by some *ssh*less who don't understand a single thing about gaming.

I'm not trying to change your own views on Nintendo or on anything else. I myself understand why companies do what they do, but that doesn't mean I'm okay with it necessarily. Nintendo ain't a saint nor is any other company, because they're are not meant to be, they are here to make money and not please us.

Edit:
Hey guys, not sure if this information has any meaning, but it looks like that the delay of SF Zero didn't affect the Falco amiibo and is still being released on schedule. Maybe if there really is a SF rep dlc coming for smash it's now or never? (Not counting the ballot characters of course). Just some food for thought.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Guessing this info has gotten to most of you but... Dixie is officially fully confirmed as the newest Smashified character. It was pretty obvious really, but I know some of you guys were invested in this, heh.

https://youtu.be/WPe1bSSyDMQ

I guess ~Krystal~ can shortly expect a lit up alert page now.

Foxy Renegade

Smash Cadet
Is it just me...or did they talk about fur a ton in that Smashified for Dixie? I'm also pretty sure they said something about a "she" at one point. They may have been referring to Dixie, but they were currently talking about other possible characters at the time. Maybe I misinterpreted, but I'm hopeful that Krystal may be in the works or planned. Listen carefully to it when they start talking about the difficulty of making fur and what not, maybe I'm wrong.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So I've been sitting here and I can't figure out how the hell to embed a tweet, so I'm just going to post a link before I have an aneurysm. If any of you would please enlighten me upon how, that'd save a few more things from breaking. Yeah... I get pissed when I can't figure out something so ****ing simple. Anyways, here. https://twitter.com/smashified/status/648969263231975425

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
So I made one last draw for my top 3 Ballot characters. My number #2 is Krystal. I wanted to make more, but time was getting shorter.

Started with the Assault look but ended adding many details from Command since that one is simpler and easier for me. Even went for the pink suit. Second time I ever draw Krystal and I like this a lot more than my previous one that I posted in this thread a while ago. Anyways, a lot of Krystal fans draw miles better than me; so... yeah... there you go.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
So I've been sitting here and I can't figure out how the hell to embed a tweet, so I'm just going to post a link before I have an aneurysm. If any of you would please enlighten me upon how, that'd save a few more things from breaking. Yeah... I get pissed when I can't figure out something so ****ing simple. Anyways, here. https://twitter.com/smashified/status/648969263231975425
Press the Media button and insert the link like so.

You should end up with this:

Top Bottom