• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Well, remember, I feel like we're better off focusing more on the numbers of 5 and 4 votes than anything else. Any character who has a vocal hate base, who doesn't have a bandwagon, or who's seen as a "threat" to other bandwagons will get an undue number of 1 votes. Not only does it skew the results, it's something that can't be done in the Smash Ballot proper.

Plus, consider who put that chart together, and their history with such things...

Last edited:

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
Even without considering the full voting process, just Krystal being in the top twenty is exciting.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Even without considering the full voting process, just Krystal being in the top twenty is exciting.
How exciting would it be to find out she's actually much higher on the real thing, which is where I think she is?

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
How exciting would it be to find out she's actually much higher on the real thing, which is where I think she is?
That's the thing. A lot of these fan-made polls are nice in that they allow us some kind of perspective or idea on where characters stand. I always applaud their efforts. However at the same time, it's pretty much impossible to account for all potential facets of support. For instance, one fan poll might get some support on a few sites (some more than others), but to be able to spread their reach to over hundreds of thousands of different outlets would just take too much effort.

It truly is exciting to see what will happen with Nintendo's Smash ballot. I don't think we'll ever get to actually see the results ourselves, but we know it's going to be the most reliable (at least for Nintendo). It easily has the most participation out of any Smash DLC poll. Nintendo will eventually see the results and consider who to create based on what factors they deem appropriate.

October 3rd is steadily approaching...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
She probably at number one ;)

#TotallyNotBias
Not bias at all. I have Krystal firmly in the top 10 for 1st party newcomer requests and would not be surprised the least bit to find she was actually top 10 PERIOD.
That's the thing. A lot of these fan-made polls are nice in that they allow us some kind of perspective or idea on where characters stand. I always applaud their efforts. However at the same time, it's pretty much impossible to account for all potential facets of support. For instance, one fan poll might get some support on a few sites (some more than others), but to be able to spread their reach to over hundreds of thousands of different outlets would just take too much effort.

It truly is exciting to see what will happen with Nintendo's Smash ballot. I don't think we'll ever get to actually see the results ourselves, but we know it's going to be the most reliable (at least for Nintendo). It easily has the most participation out of any Smash DLC poll. Nintendo will eventually see the results and consider who to create based on what factors they deem appropriate.
What are your predictions for September 30? Do you think we'll get Krystal at some point and who else would you say will be part of this upcoming DLC wave?

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I should be asleep right now and was but besides that. What do you think of the possible that Nintendo and whoever is making Smash 5 will use the data from the ballot to add those characters who got a huge amount of support but weren't made as DLC? I think that this made be a real thing that Nintendo may do with the characters not added since they will know what they need to add to the next game to get literally all the hype from almost every single fan-base in Smash Bros.

Good night lol..

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace

October 3rd is steadily approaching...
What are your predictions for September 30? Do you think we'll get Krystal at some point and who else would you say will be part of this upcoming DLC wave?
My predictions for September 30th? Aside from what we already know is coming, it's entirely possible that they have already been looking into the submissions for the ballot to get a good idea of where it's heading. If this is the case, I would think it's possible to see a pre-ballot character + a post-ballot character; there are no guarantees, however.

Y'know, when Smash 4 was announced at E3 for the first time some years ago, I asked my brother about how he feels Krystal's chances were at getting in as a playable character. He was shocked at my question, as if I had given him déjà vu...

Here's what he said: "Actually, as I watched the announcement, I felt a strange tug in my gut; Krystal is going to get in."

Now I don't have all the time to explain, but my brother had a weird way of being able to "predict" a few things that would happen to us with his "gut feeling". I'm using the word "predict" very loosely here. It's more like it was a "premonition of something big happening in the future". Usually it's been followed by really good things happening. Of course it's just coincidence, but I still enjoyed the followups nonetheless. I don't subscribe to those kinds of conspiracies.

Honestly though, I just don't know about Krystal's strict chances. One thing I can say is that I'm more hopeful now than I've been in a long time--and that's a good thing.

Some people might not be able to see Krystal getting in before/without Wolf. I can see both. I can also see her getting in alongside Wolf (which in my opinion would be the best way to handle the situation, so as to not "rock the boat" too much in the Star Fox fanbase). It really all boils down to what Sakurai and his team feels would be best.

I used to think too much into the idea that Sakurai liked to associate reveals alongside what might be selling at the time as a marketing strategy--bolstering the content that is right in front of the public already. In some ways, it's correct. In others, it's simply not. The announcement of the ballot and confirmation of DLC sort of destroys that thought process. Anyone can make it in now, and virtually anyone will sell--as Smash 4 itself is now always relevant until they stop making the DLC. That basically means that relevancy as a character isn't an important trait to have to make it in as Smash DLC. Before Smash 4 was released, it was a little more important to be relevant as a character because recency and promotion tend to go hand-in-hand. But like I said, Smash DLC makes it a lot different because they don't really have to worry about that stuff anymore; the game will promote the new characters now that it has been out for a while (like in the case of Ryu).

I think Krystal's chances are pretty fair, all things considered. It's like all the other highly requested characters. They all have a good shot at making it in. So it's not the characters that are hard to predict, it's how Sakurai will feel about the suggested characters that is hard to predict. I honestly have no idea what they're going to do with the ballot.

In the end, I think I'm siding with my brother. I think she will eventually make it in. I don't think she'll be part of the September 30th DLC pack, nor am I confident she'll make it in before the end of this year, but I think she will make it in sometime.

As a personal sidenote, I'm also a supporter of K. Rool and Isaac as popular requests. I'd like to see them make it in at some point too. I'd be down with some sort of Indie pack (but not before other more requested mainstream Nintendo characters or characters introduced by, say, Rareware) at some point in time as well (maybe a Shovel Knight / Shantae / Quote pack; one can dream...).

And of course, I'd prefer there to be a Star Fox pack (maybe alongside SF: Zero) that features both Wolf and Krystal getting in. At that point, I'd be fine with whoever else they add. I'm pretty close to having all my dream characters getting in (just a few left to go). It's just unfortunate to see that my biggest dream characters (i.e. K. Rool, Krystal, etc.) aren't in. It's like all the characters I wanted are in except for my most wanted. It's kind of a weird feeling...

Last edited:

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I should be asleep right now and was but besides that. What do you think of the possible that Nintendo and whoever is making Smash 5 will use the data from the ballot to add those characters who got a huge amount of support but weren't made as DLC? I think that this made be a real thing that Nintendo may do with the characters not added since they will know what they need to add to the next game to get literally all the hype from almost every single fan-base in Smash Bros.

Good night lol..
I think if Nintendo carry on seeing strong support for that same character leading all the way up to Smash 5, then that'd make the possibility a lot higher. That's why I'm really hoping people aren't going to completely abandon Krystal if she doesn't make the cut for the DLC. People have clearly carried on supporting her after Brawls release, so it's important the same thing happens again. Not all dreams can come true, even when you do follow them to the end, but the people who are willing to follow them through are going to have a much higher chance of seeing the results they want.

Also, I might add that in my opinion (and probably most people's here), Krystal being in Smash is a VERY realistic dream, so us seeing those results are all the more higher. People are bound to be disheartened if she doesn't make it in Smash 4, but just remember it's not the end of the road, it just means we've taken a wrong turning should've brought a map. Who knows how many years down the line it'll be, but we'll still get our chance to make it happen again. Obviously I'd much rather see Krystal's return sooner rather than later, but ultimately I don't feel as though it'd be the end of the world.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
I think if Nintendo carry on seeing strong support for that same character leading all the way up to Smash 5, then that'd make the possibility a lot higher. That's why I'm really hoping people aren't going to completely abandon Krystal if she doesn't make the cut for the DLC. People have clearly carried on supporting her after Brawls release, so it's important the same thing happens again. Not all dreams can come true, even when you do follow them to the end, but the people who are willing to follow them through are going to have a much higher chance of seeing the results they want.

Also, I might add that in my opinion (and probably most people's here), Krystal being in Smash is a VERY realistic dream, so us seeing those results are all the more higher. People are bound to be disheartened if she doesn't make it in Smash 4, but just remember it's not the end of the road, it just means we've taken a wrong turning should've brought a map. Who knows how many years down the line it'll be, but we'll still get our chance to make it happen again. Obviously I'd much rather see Krystal's return sooner rather than later, but ultimately I don't feel as though it'd be the end of the world.
If she doesn't make the cut for Smash 4's DLC, I will not give up and make sure that we continue to support her till the day that she finally makes it in Smash even if we have to wait for Smash 5.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Remember that just because a character may get more votes, doesn't mean they will be added, Sakurai could reject characters like Shantae or Shovel Knight because he doesn't think they will have a good moveset, or if technical problems abound (Ice Climbers

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I think that we should see some addition DLC soon (more than just the mario maker map), but what will it be? No clue, but it has been awhile since we got a new fighter, which do take the longest time to make (at least that's the idea that I've been given). It would be kinda odd that they would just wait for the ballot to end before they would release another fighter. Sure they could've just made maps and mii costumes the whole time, it's always a possibility, but I still have a feeling that, even though the dev team is smaller than what they originally were, that they would still have enough people to work few multiple "projects".

I mean, I doubt that every single person is always needed to work on a character at the same time for an example. Most likely they have some people working on the characters design and all that at first, while some other part of the team could be maybe rendering a mii costume or something. And when both parts of the team have finished their current works, the team who rendered the mii costume could start rendering the new fighter that the other team was designing earlier and so on.

This was just a simple idea how I think they would be working on the DLC, but who knows, maybe they are working as a very small team that needs every single person to work on the current project that they have.

Vixenly

Smash Cadet
The parts with the kids were the best. It's like in Disney Land! Seriously, I bet Ayano was grinning in those moments, and whole thing too. Moments like that make it worthwhile.

...I want a fluffy Krystal hug.

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Hey guys I'm back and I notice that smashboard got an update (it feels weird), anyway I finally finish my art and I put a lot of effort on this tho it isn't that good but at least I did my best so here it is:

Also guys don't forget that the ballot ends next saturday so keep the support strong because this is the only chance Krystal has to be in smash bros. And why do I get the feeling that Wolf is gonna get announce on the 30th and did the poll from sourcegaming ended( just want to know since I wasn't here for awhile).

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
Hey guys I'm back and I notice that smashboard got an update (it feels weird), anyway I finally finish my art and I put a lot of effort on this tho it isn't that good but at least I did my best so here it is:

Also guys don't forget that the ballot ends next saturday so keep the support strong because this is the only chance Krystal has to be in smash bros. And why do I get the feeling that Wolf is gonna get announce on the 30th and did the poll from sourcegaming ended( just want to know since I wasn't here for awhile).
I just saw your drawing gotta say still looks pretty good this was a more complex drawing than the previous Krystal drawing you did before so don't go too hard on yourself.

I also noticed some other Miiverse people did their own Krystal drawings to conmemorate Adventures 13th anniversary.
Wish I could draw too...

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
I feel both loved and welcomed already.

And we will know by next week, can't wait!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
We invite any other lurkers to come out of their shells and join the fun. You know who you are and we know you're there. You don't need an epic intro that impresses the whole thread. :)

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Oh boy, have I been having a conversation xD. I was "chatting" with one familiar fellow on miiverse about Star Fox. Turns out it's maybe for the best to keep conversations on an actual forum or something, since "chatting" on miiverse is probably the worst place to do it. xD But it was fun to meet someone so "hardheaded" to have an argument with.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
Hi, what brings you to our bumble thread? :D always glad to see more people here.
I'm a starfox fan and i saw a thread for Krystal and decided to check it out. I always wanted the Star Fox series to be something big because the characters are so likable and colorful.

Like many people said, I've been stalking this thread before i had this account (I have two accounts) and everyone seemed really friendly and welcoming.

Ironically, the main thing that makes me want Krystal in smash right now is Miiverse. Seeing all these hilarious Vote for Krystal drawings reminds me of how fun the ballot can be. I always thought it would be awesome to have Krystal, but it was probably two months ago that made me really want her in.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Oh boy, have I been having a conversation xD. I was "chatting" with one familiar fellow on miiverse about Star Fox. Turns out it's maybe for the best to keep conversations on an actual forum or something, since "chatting" on miiverse is probably the worst place to do it. xD But it was fun to meet someone so "hardheaded" to have an argument with.
Well at least here, this forum is the best to talk anything that is Starfox related. Welcome and you chat to us on anything on it at your hearts desire.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I'm a starfox fan and i saw a thread for Krystal and decided to check it out. I always wanted the Star Fox series to be something big because the characters are so likable and colorful.

Like many people said, I've been stalking this thread before i had this account (I have two accounts) and everyone seemed really friendly and welcoming.

Ironically, the main thing that makes me want Krystal in smash right now is Miiverse. Seeing all these hilarious Vote for Krystal drawings reminds me of how fun the ballot can be. I always thought it would be awesome to have Krystal, but it was probably two months ago that made me really want her in.
Awesome to hear that the miiverse posts have created some interest! I really wish a lot of other people would have the same attitude as you, seeing as I hear a lot of people complaining about those types of posts around there. It is true that the ballot should be for fun and not for flame wars, but luckily we have this place to keep it all civil and fun.

Well at least here, this forum is the best to talk anything that is Starfox related. Welcome and you chat to us on anything on it at your hearts desire.
Well the person who I was "chatting" with was one "old" Krystal hater that had blocked me on miiverse for just expressing a different opinion, so I doubt that kind of conversation is needed here. xD But I have to say that I laughed hard when I was simply having a conversation with him, how he clearly had issues in believing that there are people who liked Assault, and then suddenly when I myself admitted that "yes I happen to like Assault" he simply said "I won" and disappeared. XD I dunno, felt like I was trolled or something, since I thought we were having a conversation and not some kind of a competition.

I've actually managed to have a few conversations on reddit (r/starfox) relating to Krystal and why some people seem to dislike her. Was a bit surprised that most of 'em were giving kinda "good" reasons (good being not "rarrarrar I hate her becuz she stoopehd", although there was one that kind of a answer), and not some idiotic biased yelling how she ruined everything and how SF N64 has nothing wrong in it. Plus I tried to give some different points of views on the subject matter, but I of course doubt that anybody is going to change their minds, but at least those were friendly conversations.
Also I was really positively surprised that a lot of people seemed to like Assault on that thread.

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
What, there's no "good" reasons. She's...
Well, that's why that part was quoted xD.
Nah, but they at least weren't being hypocritical or plain "I'm right you are wrong", but rather seemed to respect my views and opinions, while I was questioning their own views. It at least showed me that not all of them who dislike her are mindless monkeys saying "she ruins everything", but rather just don't care for her.
It still seems a bit that it's because "she appeared in a SF game I disliked", why she has the lukewarm reception for these people, but whatever. They at least were civil.

saur_ssb

Smash Apprentice
One thing i never understood is that why are you called a furry if you want Krystal in smash? Dixie and Banjo Kazooie supporters are treated like everyone else but if you support Krystal, its like they don't think you like her for the character or the series.

If Krystal does get in, i can see the hate dying down. Just look at Duck Hunt. And besides, to many people act like furries are weirdos when they're just as normal as everyone else.

Top Bottom