• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretend you're Capcom in the 90's. What western IP do you make a fighting game out of?

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Seeing that "Disney Afternoon: Fight Fest" was shown during the credits roll segment during the Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers live action, I kept on thinking instead of its gameplay being like Smash (which will still work), what if "Disney Afternoon: Fight Fest" was a 3D fighting arena game inspired by Capcom's Power Stone series?

Story:

An evil presence aims to threaten the timeslots set within the Disney Afternoon shows replacing them with their sinister alter egos. It is now up to the Disney Afternoon characters to banish the evilness in order to save their shows.

Characters:

Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers

• Chip
  • Dale
  • Monterey Jack
  • Gadget (with Zipper)
  • Fat Cat
The Adventures of the Gummi Bears
  • Cubbi Bear
  • Sunni Bear
  • Lady Bane
Duck Tales
  • Scrooge McDuck
  • Huey, Louie & Dewey
Tale Spin
  • Baloo
  • Kit Cloudkicker
  • Rebecca Cunningham
  • Don Karnage
Darkwing Duck
  • Darkwing Duck
Goof Troop
  • Goofy
  • Max Goof
Gargoyles
  • Goliath
  • Xanatos
Aladdin
  • Aladdin (with Abu)
Lion King's Timon & Pumba
  • Timon & Pumba
Bonkers:
  • Bonkers D. Bobcat
Stages:
  • Nimnul's Laboratory (Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers)
  • Rescue Rangers Headquarters (Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers)
  • Castle Drekmore (The Adventures of the Gummi Bears)
  • Gummi-Glen (The Adventures of the Gummi Bears)
  • Duckberg (Duck Tales)
  • Cape Suzette Harbour (Talespin)
  • Town of Spoonerville (Goof Troop)
  • Agrabah (Aladdin)
  • Xanatos Enterprises (Gargoyles)
  • Pride Rock (Lion King's Timon & Pumba)
  • The realm of Disney Afternoon studios (Original stage)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I recalled my write-ups for this thread, so I'm going to continue where I left off, following the same pattern as the Marvel vs. Capcom series. They started off with a solo series, followed by a franchise-wide game, and then a crossover between two individual series, so that's where I'm at now with...

TEEN TITANS VS. X-MEN

The set-up to this will be similar to X-Men vs. Street Fighter, and the X-Men side will be the same as that game - Cyclops (1), Magneto (2), Storm (3), Gambit (4), Rogue (5), Wolverine (6), Juggernaut (7), and Sabretooth (8).

There were nine Street Fighter characters in X-Men vs. Street Fighter, but to my knowledge, all of them had their sprites re-used from Street Fighter Alpha 2, so they would have been much easier to include. Instead, I'll stick with eight Teen Titans characters.

-Nightwing (9) - he was already in Batman: Knightfall, and he's traditionally associated with the team.
-Starfire (10)
-Wonder Girl (11)
-Cyborg (12)
-Raven (13)
-Beast Boy (14) - Marv Wolfman's run on the team is, by my understanding, the most iconic/memorable, so it seems easiest to base the Titans roster around that. Plus, all of the members in this line-up have distinct appearances and unique powers.
-Terra (15) - I haven't reached her first appearance yet in my read-through of the New Teen Titans, but her powers seem like they'd work well in a fighting game
-Deathstroke (16) - as the main enemy of the Teen Titans, by my understanding, it kind of feels like he has to be here.

I could have included Wally West as Kid Flash, but I wanted to get more than one villain in here.

The final boss would be Trigon. I could have gone with Apocalypse, I suppose, since he was the final boss of X-Men vs. Street Fighter, but I have the option for Wolverine to stab the devil in the face so I'm taking it.

This would be followed off with a fairly cheaply-made franchise-wide crossover...

MARVEL SUPER HEROES VS. JUSTICE LEAGUE

For the most part, the Marvel side would be the same as in Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter - Captain America (1), Cyclops (2), Hulk (3), Omega Red (4), Shuma-Gorath (5), Spider-Man (6), and Wolverine (7). (man, this roster was really weird in hindsight) The one change that I'm making is that I'm replacing Blackheart with Doctor Doom (8) - Doom was already playable in Marvel Super Heroes (so they can still reuse assets from other games), and when mixing up characters from these two companies, I'm not about to leave out its biggest villain. (with Omega Red, I'm guessing that they really wanted to bring back someone who hadn't been seen since X-Men: Children of the Atom, and Capcom really likes Shuma-Gorath)

For DC, I'll stick with reusing characters from previous games for the most part - Batman (9), Superman (10), Wonder Woman (11), Green Lantern (John Stewart) (12), Starfire (13), Lex Luthor (14), and the Joker (15). Starfire isn't part of the Justice League, but she's eager to fight, and I wanted to use some characters who had only made one appearance so far. One character is a partial exception - The Flash (Wally West) (16).

Wally would be a partial clone of Barry from the Crisis On Infinite Earth game - his suit would be darker red with a different belt, like his redesign in the comics, and as he has a stronger connection to the Speed Force than Barry, he would have a few different specials, such as lightning-based projectile.

The final boss would be the Anti-Monitor, re-used from the Crisis on Infinite Earths game. (X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter both had Apocalypse as the final boss - it's lazy, but some of these games reused assets to make it so they could get a new game made/released quickly)

Neither of these games would have much in the way of plot, largely serving as a vehicle for crossovers to happen. (and, in the case of Marvel Super Heroes vs. Justice League, to mix the rosters of several fighting games in their respective series together - characters like Omega Red or the Joker wouldn't have been in a Capcom fighting game for several years at this point)

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
i have an idea who i don't saw anyone saying who is a Transformers fighting game,the game is called

Transformers: The Attack of Cybertron

Playable Characters

1. Optimus Prime
2. Bumblebee
3. Arcee
4. Hot Rod
5. Wheeljack
6. Jazz
7. Megatron
8. Starscream
9. Soundwave
10. Shockwave
11. Devastator
12. Optimus Primal (Unlockable Character)
BOSS: Unicron

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers

(Italics bold denotes hidden characters)
Billy, the Blue Ranger​
Jason, the Red Ranger​
Tommy, the Green Ranger​
King Sphinx​
Trini, the Yellow Ranger​
Kimberly, the Pink Ranger​
Pudgy Pig​
Eye Guy​
Bulk
(joke character)​
Zack, the Black Ranger​
Madame Woe​
Scorpina
(sub-boss)​
Alpha 5
(joke character)​
Skull
(joke character)​
Goldar
(sub-boss)​
Rita Repulsa
(final boss)​

dezeray112

Smash Hero
In the 90's, there was a collaboration crossover between DC Comics and Marvel Comics:

Here is how my character roster would be like:

Marvel Comics:
  • Iron Man
  • Captain America
  • Thor
  • Hulk
  • Spider-Man
  • Wolverine
  • Quicksilver
  • Silver Surfer
  • Storm
  • Elektra