• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretend it is Early 1998

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Let’s play a game. Let’s say it’s 1998, and Smash Bros has just been revealed.

The first four characters revealed let’s say are Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Mario, and Samus. How hyped are you?

Remember that Pokémon wasn’t even out yet in America until fall 1998, so what would you make of Pikachu?

What do you make of the game? Who do you hope makes it into the game? (lets keep it first/second party, say that Nintendo announces only those will make it in the game)

How many characters do you think will be in the game?

Lets also say that the stages Congo Jungle, Planet Zebes, Peach's Castle, and Saffron City are the first confirmed stages. Which is the one you are most excited to play on? Which stages would you like to appear?

You can also state which items you would like to appear, and speculate on the single player modes.

As for me, characters I would want are Diddy, Dixie, K. Rool, and Banjo. (considering at the time I would have been following the upcoming Rare developed Banjo Kazooie game)

Last edited:

Chrism

Smash Rookie
id be pretty hype to see my favourite nintendo characters in a fighting game, it would seem sort of unreal if you think about it.

I would probably think pikachu was some kirby character or something considering kirby 64 had also been announced and we were still waiting for it.

I would be curious to how the game plays but it seems cool, I would hope that fox, link and maybe even cloud somehow would make it in as i really liked final fantasy 7.

I think there will be around 6-10 characters in the game because most fighting games back then only had a small number of fighters.

A kirby themed stage and maybe spiral tower from banjo. I would be excited to play on planet zebes.

An arcade style mode like a traditional fighting game and maybe swords as items wouldve been what i wanted.

Top Bottom