• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prerelease Notes

Rizner

Smash Ace
So here we can post things we saw in streams or the release video about Kirby's moves and what he's like.

From a post by Strongbad: He has PAL running speed which is 7% faster than NTSC running speed

From JCeasar's stream, I noticed:
Dash attack no longer stops at shields. It speeds up instead
up-b when facing away from the stage can grab a ledge
up-b moving sideways allows you to act out of the ending animation
down-b is much faster to start and get out of
you can dthrow -> utilt -> dthrow or tech chase on some characters (saw this done to an Olimar)

Will probably go back through it later and possibly add more, but feel free to see whatever has been on streams so far

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
So here we can post things we saw in streams or the release video about Kirby's moves and what he's like.

From a post by Strongbad: He has PAL running speed which is 7% faster than NTSC running speed

From JCeasar's stream, I noticed:
Dash attack no longer stops at shields. It speeds up instead
up-b moving sideways allows you to act out of the ending animation
that's so safe holy **** I'm so hyped for kirby you don't even know dude

Ginge

Smash Ace
Down taunt still removes the copy ability. The side and up taunts do not. Essentially, you only need one way to remove a copy ability. But having two options to taunt now if you want to keep it is nice.

Top Bottom