• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Control your Hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
quite frankly, if the custom parts don't come back, good ****ing riddance. What disappointed me the most about Smash 4 was how the game was practically DROWNING in RNG horse****.
Didn't that game go out of its way to remove RNG from movesets?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm still hoping for a good single player mode so there is room for disappointment.

Spirits might be the deciding factor for me. All veterans+Isabelle already sealed the deal for me but more than a proper classic mode would be great.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
It's virtually impossible to be disappointed with this game at this point. And we've still got quite some time until the game's release for even more content to be revealed. Keep in mind that this game is only $60 for hours, even days, of content and replayability. Add $20 bucks on top of that if you're planning on mostly playing the game online with Nintendo's disputable online service quality. The only people that will truly be disappointed and possibly even enraged at this game are the vocal minority that also happen to be extremely entitled.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I don't think there's anything wrong with being disappointed in aspects of the game, for whatever reason there may be. You can also be disappointed with aspects of the game, yet still respect the work put into it. It doesn't make you ungrateful or "entitled".

But when you set your expectations super high, and thoroughly believe in them, you're only setting yourself up for disappointment.

If you're disappointed, nothing wrong with wanting to talk about it, but don't go around shoving it in others' faces. On the same note, if you're excited for the game, don't go around insulting and attacking those who aren't.

I've seen instances of both. The former can make you look like an entitled prick, whereas the latter makes you look like a self-righteous elitist.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Ivysaur is in. Smashdown and Squad Strike are in. My favorite stages from all the games, minus Miiverse and Pokefloats, are all in. The gameplay looks crisp, the classic mode isn't Smash 4's bad one, there are no roster cuts (Though I suppose I'm disappointed by the continued existence of :ultbayonetta:) and in general everything looks pretty dope. I can't really see much to be disappointed about. I'm not really expecting a Subspace Sequel and I'm pretty satisfied with the modes we already know about. The fact that there's a big secret mode is just more gravy.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
i don't even have expectations.

i didn't even expect there to be another smash... and even when it was announced, i expected no more than what we were shown.

i honestly didn't even expect us to get ANY single player content, not even classic mode.

i didn't expect ANY newcomers... and with every single announcement, i get a huge shock to my system.

even isabelle, who a lot of people seemed to find underwhelming, was quite a surprise.

so no... i won't be disappointed, cause i don't expect anything more than what i've seen, and i refuse to speculate on anything.

though i agree many others will probably disappoint themselves by hoping for things that very likely won't happen.

as for me, even if we got nothing else, i'd be perfectly happy with the game as it is.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
There’s literally nothing disappointing about Ultimate. lol
Was this really a helpful first post, to refute the entire premise of the thread with no backing to the extreme statement?
Even if you are not disappointed, with which I agree in most part, it is clear from speculation and history, many will be.
I do not subscribe that disappointed and satisfied are black and white; I can be satisfied and dissatisfied, both.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Honestly this is the case with any game that has this level of hype. I remember feeling that low point after Brawl and Smash 4 came out, but hopefully I’ve grown since then and can just be thankful for what was given to us.

Khao

Smash Lord
Well, as much as I'm already 100% satisfied with the content when it comes to multiplayer battles (there could be no new announcements whatsoever and this would already be the best Smash Bros game by a landslide) I am a little bit worried about single-player content.

When it comes to single-player content, I felt that Sm4sh was a huge step down from Brawl, and Brawl itself was in a way a step down from Melee if you exclude Subspace Emissary. With each release, Event Matches are getting less and less creative, some of the extra modes are losing their appeal (Target Smash going from a unique level per character, to generic levels for all the cast, to a Home-Run-Contest clone), All-Star Mode (and just collecting character trophies in general) becomes more and more of a chore the more characters you have in the game, and the newly introduced modes with each game are just getting less interesting.

At least Classic Mode already sounds like it's been improved from Sm4sh, with the playthrough being unique for each character, and for the structure to be as simple as ever (which is what Classic Mode should be IMO), but what if that's it? No adventure mode? No events (or just no good ones, which is not unlikely)? No decent minigames? Unless you have the chance to play with friends frequently, or the online is actually good this time, the game just survive long with just classic mode and CPU battles.

I'm really hoping for a solid single-player announcement. I don't need a story mode or anything, just something to come back into when I want to play Smash but don't have friends available. Something with a decent amount of variety (or just a varied amount of good game modes). Something that won't get old even if I can only play Smash by myself.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There have only been two things in Smash Bros. that have ever truly disappointed me. Like, to the point where I'll actively bring it up as a negative when talking about the game.

1) Brawl's meta.
2) Dark Pit.

There are still likes and dislikes spread throughout the series, but I think some people equate a minor annoyance or a wish unfulfilled to an unbearable, "preorder CANCELLED" type of disappointment.

Last edited:

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm still hoping for a good single player mode so there is room for disappointment.

Spirits might be the deciding factor for me. All veterans+Isabelle already sealed the deal for me but more than a proper classic mode would be great.
I wouldn't bank on spirits being any kind of story mode. If it was, I feel like it wouldn't be on the main menu, but the "games and more" menu ( which we haven't seen yet for the record )

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
What are you talking about?

Clearly Paper Mario, Geno, Captain Toad, Skull Kid, Impa, Decidueye, Incineroar, Gardevoir, Dixie, Medusa, Hades, Isaac, Felix, Shantae, Travis, Dante, Shadow, Tails, Eggman, Lip, Ken, Chun Li, Ms Pacman, Ninten, Black Knight, Hector, Edelgard, Soren, Celica, Soren, Slippy, Sora, Saki, and some others are getting in! Or at least my favorite of all of these is a lock and it would just be pure stupidity for them to not get in.

I mean Takamaru, Lyn, Meowth, Ashley, Mimikyu, Waluigi, Toad, Sukapon, Bomberman, and others haven't made it in. But my pick is more important and more likely than other people's.

Ya, going into most of the character threads is kind of weird since it's mostly a echo chamber repeating how likely and well loved their character is and how it'd be an insult to not get their pick. Some more deconfirmations are on the way, and I think it's going to get ugly like when Isabelle got confirmed, the box got shown, and Incineroar/Ken got "leaked."

Part of me wonders if they are taking a reboot in mind with this. Is it really worth adding small fries like Skull Kid, Saki, and Isaac in terms of Nintendo's future if they're going to slaughter the cast down coming up? I mean Roy was a nobody and flopped overall in his own series, only reason he is sticking around is cause Smash fans don't want to let go. (understandable, mind you) But I highly doubt the roster can just keep growing and keeping everyone and adding everyone to try to make everyone happy.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I think it's okay to be disappointed if your favorite character didn't get in, as long as you had realistic expectations about it. Sakurai said "don't expect too many challengers," after all. Nobody should act like Smash Ultimate is missing a key character if their obscure third party favorite didn't make the cut.

Even among Nintendo characters... not everyone can get in. But also, you can't say Sakurai didn't try to please fans this time around.

Personally? This could be the last Smash game ever and it would be damn near perfect.
actually in every smash Sakurai tries to please fans, with their favourites and with surprising characters he considers good additions for the game.
Until now I have yet to see if Ultimate is for real the chapter where this concept reaches the maximum level. Until now I feel like we are at the same standard of ever, more or less.

I think that a good indication of this game is especially designed to please the fans or not will be dlcs

StormC

Smash Hero
actually in every smash Sakurai tries to please fans, with their favourites and with surprising characters he considers good additions for the game.
Until now I have yet to see if Ultimate is for real the chapter where this concept reaches the maximum level. Until now I feel like we are at the same standard of ever, more or less.

I think that a good indication of this game is especially designed to please the fans or not will be dlcs
I would say adding a character he twice said would be impossible, bringing back every veteran, and adding King K. Rool despite being dropped from DK itself is a big indication that he is listening to fans more than usual. Outside of Mega Man, which Smash 4 newcomer could you really say was for fans?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would say adding a character he twice said would be impossible, bringing back every veteran, and adding King K. Rool despite being dropped from DK itself is a big indication that he is listening to fans more than usual. Outside of Mega Man, which Smash 4 newcomer could you really say was for fans?
:ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultgreninja:(though this was in retrospective):ultlittlemac::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultshulk::ultryu:

Friendly reminder that a character doesn't have to be dead or created prior to GBA in order to be "for fans".

StormC

Smash Hero
:ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultgreninja:(though this was in retrospective):ultlittlemac::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultshulk::ultryu:

Friendly reminder that a character doesn't have to be dead or created prior to GBA in order to be "for fans".
We get it, you don't like K. Rool and Ridley. The vast majority of those characters weren't added for fans, is my point. They were added for incidental reasons, not because tons of people were asking for them to be in Smash.

To put things in perspective, the most popular characters for Smash 4 were, roughly speaking, Mega Man, K. Rool, Ridley, and Mewtwo. Mega Man got in, Ridley was rejected (with a note that Sakurai was aware of his popularity), Mewtwo was held off until DLC, and K. Rool seemingly wasn't on Sakurai's radar at all until the ballot. If Sakurai had no idea about K. Rool's popularity during that period, I really doubt he added the likes of Rosalina and Palutena for their popularity (and I say this as someone who had Palutena as one of his requested characters for the game).

Also when I say "Smash 4 newcomers" that just means the base game. I'll give you Cloud (although he was sort of "popular by default" since Sakuai was looking for the top FF pick), Ryu was not heavily demanded by any means and Bayonetta's popularity on the ballot doesn't seem to have any connection as to why she got in the game, given the datamine.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
We get it, you don't like K. Rool and Ridley. The vast majority of those characters weren't added for fans, is my point. They were added for incidental reasons, not because tons of people were asking for them to be in Smash.
Okay, wait, tons of people weren't asking for Cloud, Bayonetta, Palutena, Little Mac or Shulk? Or Dark Pit and Lucina weren't as popular in their fandoms as Richter? Or people weren't asking for an Animal Crossing character or a Fire Emblem mage?

Like, why a character can't have both fan demand and "incidental reasons"?

Yeah, I don't like Ridley and K.Rool or their fans constantly downplaying the popularity of any characters they want. But this doesn't mean characters that didn't debuted in the same game with them can't have fan demand.

People WERE asking for a lot of those characters, it's just they weren't big as some other characters.

StormC

Smash Hero
Okay, wait, tons of people weren't asking for Cloud, Bayonetta, Palutena, Little Mac or Shulk? Or Dark Pit and Lucina weren't as popular in their fandoms as Richter? Or people weren't asking for an Animal Crossing character or a Fire Emblem mage?

Like, why a character can't have both fan demand and "incidental reasons"?

Yeah, I don't like Ridley and K.Rool or their fans constantly downplaying the popularity of any characters they want. But this doesn't mean characters that didn't debuted in the same game with them can't have fan demand.

People WERE asking for a lot of those characters, it's just they weren't big as some other characters.
I just made an edit as you were seemingly typing this, but, I'll reiterate:

I'd say a character can be popular, and added to Smash, but not necessarily for that reason. And also, a character being popular in general doesn't necessarily translate to being demanded for Smash.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I just made an edit as you were seemingly typing this, but, I'll reiterate:

I'd say a character can be popular, and added to Smash, but not necessarily for that reason. And also, a character being popular in general doesn't necessarily translate to being demanded for Smash.
So... a character have to have nothing but fan demand in order to be a fan pick?

That's... awfully convenient for certain characters.

StormC

Smash Hero
So... a character have to have nothing but fan demand in order to be a fan pick?

That's... awfully convenient for certain characters.
I mean... kinda? A "fan pick" implies they were added for, primarily, the fans. Quick rundown for Ultimate:

Snake: "Back by popular demand"
Ridley: "There was a lot of outcry from fans"
K. Rool: "King K. Rool got a ton of votes in the Smash Ballot"
Everyone Is Here: "We believe this is what players want"

Most Smash 4 characters didn't really get a quantified statement like this. Cloud did, and I think we can infer Mega Man got in through this just because the demand really was that big (Sakurai never really went into detail about it, but I doubt it was because of anything on Capcom's end). My original point was overall Ultimate, up to this point, has a more transparent focus on fanservice. Sure, Smash 4 had some of it, but not like this.

lexpic17

Smash Rookie
Was this really a helpful first post, to refute the entire premise of the thread with no backing to the extreme statement?
Even if you are not disappointed, with which I agree in most part, it is clear from speculation and history, many will be.
I do not subscribe that disappointed and satisfied are black and white; I can be satisfied and dissatisfied, both.

Absolutely agree -- it is possible to both be thrilled with the game and still have a few disappointments. It's the "ultimate" game -- and not everyone considers the same characters/stages/modes/items/etc. would make the game "ultimate". The nature of speculation is that we get our hopes up for different characters, and of course not every character can make it in.

Since Golden Sun's first game in 2001, I've wanted Isaac to be in Smash. He is my number one request, and he may not be in - which would be disappointing. However, I've also really wanted Ridley and King K. Rool since Melee. I love having a HUGE number of playable characters. And characters like Chrom, Dark Samus, and Isabelle are characters I love but didn't expect possible to be playable. This game is going to be epic, and I'm thrilled. But it doesn't mean I won't be disappointed if Isaac isn't playable.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
It's not rocket science. Sakurai can only do so much to give the people and their literally unlimited demands a good, enjoyable, and respectable game. Each game had something that was terrible about it, and I think I already know what a critical flaw in Smash Ultimate will be.

Smash Melee had some unfinished characters like :ultroy: and :ultgnw:. The graphics were also terrible, and Adventure mode sucked. This game had five good stages, but the rest sucked with all honesty. I'm talking about of course about Yoshi's Island, Temple, Fountain of Dreams, Big Blue, and Poké Floats. What other five could I possibly be talking about?

Smash Brawl had the god awful tripping mechanic, and :ultmetaknight: was broken as f***. Also, :ultmewtwo: got cut. The great maze wasn't fun, and online was worse than Smash 4. Also, where the heck is Poké Floats? Or Fountain of Dreams for that matter?

Smash 4 added random Blast KOs off the top, removed :ulticeclimbers:, and didn't feel exciting enough for a Smash game. Honestly, something about the game is stale. I don't get the enjoyment from killing others like I did in the past two games. It also had the worst organization of any smash game yet clumping so much together into a category represented by a button smaller than the joke of a mode people call Smash Tour. Big Blue is gone too now.

Smash Ultimate is looking to be nice, but something they announced is already going to be a disappointment to me. The way their current menu is set up is still not any better than Smash 4, and now the Character and Stage Select Screens are disorganized too. When I saw the wiki had decent organization and I discovered Hanenbow was in the game, it took me literally days to find that stage on the Smash Ultimate website. No joke, this is my actual experience.

People have unlimited desires, and Sakurai and his his team can only do so much to give us what we as players want.
I agree with what TheFVguy TheFVguy is saying. We should prepare to be disappointed.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Friendly reminder that Bowser Jr. was my third most-wanted for Brawl (after Bomberman and Krystal); the reason Vaati's taken Bowser Jr.'s place is because Bowser Jr. is actually in :grin::grin::grin:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Absolutely agree -- it is possible to both be thrilled with the game and still have a few disappointments. It's the "ultimate" game -- and not everyone considers the same characters/stages/modes/items/etc. would make the game "ultimate". The nature of speculation is that we get our hopes up for different characters, and of course not every character can make it in.

Since Golden Sun's first game in 2001, I've wanted Isaac to be in Smash. He is my number one request, and he may not be in - which would be disappointing. However, I've also really wanted Ridley and King K. Rool since Melee. I love having a HUGE number of playable characters. And characters like Chrom, Dark Samus, and Isabelle are characters I love but didn't expect possible to be playable. This game is going to be epic, and I'm thrilled. But it doesn't mean I won't be disappointed if Isaac isn't playable.
Have hope for the DLC my friend!

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I got my two most wanted newcomers (:ultkrool:and:ultisabelle:) and the character I missed more than anything in Smash 4 (:ulticeclimbers:) so I’m pretty content with anything Sakurai wants to to give me at this point. The prospect of Incineroar is irksome, but I’m in no position to complain about newcomers.

Didn't that game go out of its way to remove RNG from movesets?
There were a few issues with some moves that send the opponent into “spiral knockback”. You were completely unable to tech in those situations, and made some stage spikes untechable. Fox’s Nair was infamous for this as you could fast fall a Nair and confirm into a free up smash (even though it’s also normally true). Worst part was that there was a 1 in 4 chance of it occurring. Happened to me the other day off of Samus’ Jab lol

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
It's not rocket science. Sakurai can only do so much to give the people and their literally unlimited demands a good, enjoyable, and respectable game. Each game had something that was terrible about it, and I think I already know what a critical flaw in Smash Ultimate will be.

Smash Melee had some unfinished characters like :ultroy: and :ultgnw:. The graphics were also terrible, and Adventure mode sucked. This game had five good stages, but the rest sucked with all honesty. I'm talking about of course about Yoshi's Island, Temple, Fountain of Dreams, Big Blue, and Poké Floats. What other five could I possibly be talking about?

Smash Brawl had the god awful tripping mechanic, and :ultmetaknight: was broken as f***. Also, :ultmewtwo: got cut. The great maze wasn't fun, and online was worse than Smash 4. Also, where the heck is Poké Floats? Or Fountain of Dreams for that matter?

Smash 4 added random Blast KOs off the top, removed :ulticeclimbers:, and didn't feel exciting enough for a Smash game. Honestly, something about the game is stale. I don't get the enjoyment from killing others like I did in the past two games. It also had the worst organization of any smash game yet clumping so much together into a category represented by a button smaller than the joke of a mode people call Smash Tour. Big Blue is gone too now.

Smash Ultimate is looking to be nice, but something they announced is already going to be a disappointment to me. The way their current menu is set up is still not any better than Smash 4, and now the Character and Stage Select Screens are disorganized too. When I saw the wiki had decent organization and I discovered Hanenbow was in the game, it took me literally days to find that stage on the Smash Ultimate website. No joke, this is my actual experience.

People have unlimited desires, and Sakurai and his his team can only do so much to give us what we as players want.
I agree with what TheFVguy TheFVguy is saying. We should prepare to be disappointed.
I'm sorry, but as someone who started playing Smash in 2011, I just can't for the life of me understand why people like Temple, at least enough for it to come back thrice.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My most wanted is already confirmed as an assist trophy, while my next two have become playable in the series...I think my expectations are already pretty set in stone.

Sure I'll be disappointed if some of my other characters don't make it but I mean I can't be THAT upset.

I'm sorry, but as someone who started playing Smash in 2011, I just can't for the life of me understand why people like Temple, at least enough for it to come back thrice.
As someone who's played the **** out of Melee, Temple was one of the most fun stages. Period.

First of all it's like four stages in one. If you have a long match and get bored you can just travel a few seconds and it's like a totally new stage with a different layout. No hazards, which means no random BS that kills you! (as fun as some stages like Big Blue and Poke Floats were they can be difficult to play on at times because of their gimmicks, Temple's just big nothing else to worry about) And great music was available, both the Temple Theme and the Fire Emblem Theme can be played on the stage in Melee. It was a great stage to just **** around in general.

Also competitive players like using it for teching practice, which means you can have some insane matches that have both players at like 600-700% or so and both players are just bouncing everywhere. It's frikking hilarious sometimes.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
It's one of those rare hazardless stages. The competitive community wants hazardless stages so much, and while it's not tournament legal for its size, it does work for practice. It also functions as multiple in one, and the music is unbelievably incredible. Just listen to this song and tell me it isn't the best piece of Music that exists in Smash Melee.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
It's one of those rare hazardless stages. The competitive community wants hazardless stages so much, and while it's not tournament legal for its size, it does work for practice. It also functions as multiple in one, and the music is unbelievably incredible. Just listen to this song and tell me it isn't the best piece of Music that exists in Smash Melee.

It's an okay song, I guess, but tbh I prefer Fountain of Dreams, Mach Rider, Brinstar, Flatzone, Poke Floats, Fire Emblem, Jungle Japes, Big Blue, Battlefield and maybe Saria's Song.

31fps

Banned via Warnings
Now you changed the title to "Control your hype."

No

I want to be hyped. At this point they've covered more things fans have wanted than any other Smash.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945

So, I understand you probably have such high hopes for this game; this is the ultimate Smash Brothers game, with the many characters and stages to choose from, however, there's always a cost. When it comes to a new installment in every series, fans always hope for their suggestions to become a reality in the game, but sometimes, it doesn't happen and that's the point I'm getting at.
If there's a character you wanted but didn't make it in, a new mode you wanted but wasn't added or new features that you think you would improve the experience but weren't implemented.
In other words, don't make a fuss or complain if something you wanted didn't happen. If Geno, for example, didn't make it then there is nothing we can do. At the end of the day, you can't win them all. This game might have many things, but it certainly will not have everything you wanted.
For example, I really wanted a story mode like Subspace, but I still think it's pretty unlikely for it to happen and if it doesn't happen, we have no choice but to accept it.
So, be sure to prepare yourself, for a game this large, there's bound to be things you find disappointing or maybe not, which is great.
Remember when people are hyped for No Man's Sky and were completely devastated that it didn't live up to there exaggerated expectations? Basically that.
Thanks to Blade of Evil's Bane for the image and advice.
Really great post, it's something I'm trying to do, but it's hard to resist all the hype around a Smash Bros game haha.

- My #1 pick is highly unlikely, unless Sakurai pulls off the biggest troll ever. (Never giving up hope ><)

- The only newcomer that got in that I wanted was K. Rool (in my top 3 with Isaac and Waluigi) while pretty much all of the newcomers are characters I didn't want, Ridley, Inkling and Isabelle I have no interest in, while I didn't want Simon he looks like an interesting fighter. I'm excluding echoes because at the end of the day they take little work, don't take up slots, they are just extra and there's nothing wrong with them, gives more variety.

- More characters I don't want are likely to be added. Geno and Incineroar, and maybe Dixie.

- I doubt "Spirits mode" will be anything like SSE which I really liked, and I know we can't expect the same fun cut scenes (for 70+ characters it would be pretty crazy to expect they could do it the same way)

But really, I'm a fan of whatever the newest Smash game is. Even if most of the new characters don't interest me, I've got one I'm pumped for, and with all of the fighters here (I just wanted no cuts, they one upped that) I've got Pokemon Trainer and Wolf back!

People, myself included really give Sakurai **** when what they want doesn't happen, but he really does do his best to give us what we want, he can't please everyone, and despite believing as far as newcomers go I'm not going to be impressed with the selection, I'm always excited for a reveal trailer, I always feel they are well done.

This is going to be the ultimate Smash Bros game for sure, and while sometimes I feel or even say I'm disappointed about something, when all is said and done this will be an amazing game with TONS of work put into it and we should be thankful for everything.

Last edited:

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I've loved every Smash game and I know it's pretty much impossible to have it perfectly made there's always something missing but in the end the positives massively outweigh the negatives and there's so much stuff in Ultimate it's almost overwhelming(almost 80 characters, nearly 900 music tracks, over 100 stages that are even playable on 8 player mode!!) There's no reason why I should miss out on this for anything particular that I'm asking for, this might even be the best fighting game ever in my opinion. Once again thank you Sakurai!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The way I control my hype is keeping my expectations low because you never know. I was for sure K. Rool would had been in Brawl and Sm4sh which didn't happen but now the great King is finally in Ultimate. :grin:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
But why? I’m more than ready for the game to come out.
Just to clarify, this post wants us to hype responsibly. We're allowed to have hype, but not to the point of having exceedingly high expectations of the game, like all of our most wanted characters getting in. Some people have been majorly disappointed and to an extent, utterly outraged by somethings, like Waluigi retaining his role as an Assist Trophy, or Isabelle's reveal during a Nintendo Direct, when almost everybody expected a big reveal, like say Geno or Banjo and Kazooie. That goes for something like the "Spirits" mode too. If it doesn't live up to people's expectations as a mode similar to SSE, some people are bound to throw a hissy fit, which makes the Smash community look bad. So it's important for us to have reasonable expectations of this game.

nah im hyped bro. honestly, if a character not getting in is enough to ruin the game for you then I don’t know what to say. there’s over 70 lol

I mean I loved Super Mario RPG back in the day but **** geno yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom