• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare for a Shadow Battle! Shadow Link joins the Fight!

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
I know what you're thinking...what? Yes, I propose a thread for Shadow Link as an echo to Toon Link. The idea came to me today when I was at work with my head in the clouds.

Truth be told; as a long time Zelda fan and someone who grew up with the series as a tot to a working man, Smash is probably not going to have another unique newcomer. All the potential for Zelda reps were regulated to assist trophies and the ones that are untouched may not be considered. The best you can hope for are more dessert options among the choices already given, which in this case would be...More Links and Zeldas. So, why not have fun with them? Plus, Tetra probably wouldn't work too good as a Toon Link echo, but stranger things have happened. In this case, aim low.

Overall, being an Echo, Shadow Link would be a simple creation. But there are some things that could make him stand out from his not-so shadowy counterpart.
B: Arrow Shot, when you hold it to its max, three arrows fire in straight and diagonal directions respectively.
B-Forward: Magical Boomerang with twice the range. Holding B keeps it in place for a few seconds.
B-Down: Pulls out a bomb. Pressing B-Down again causes it grow twice its size but is heavier to carry.
B-Up: Flying Spin Attack, serving the same function as Toon Link's second custom B-Up.

Being a crafty doppelganger, his movements would be somewhat smoother with better dodges and a much looser air game. In general, his other moves are identical to Toon Link's to a T.

Final Smash: Big Bomb! Shadow Link generates a big bomb and throws it on the field, detonating immediately . Anyone within its radius indicated by a dark barrier around it gets instantly KO'ed when it explodes.

Taunts:
-Pants angrily, alluding to the idle before he picks a colored Link.
-Spins around and holds his sword in the air.
-Disappears to the Dark World, only to reappear.

Victory poses:
-Laughs and disappears to the Dark World.
-Splits into Four Shadow Links and holds their swords in the air.
-Looks at the player with flashing red eyes and smiles.

Well? Do you think I'm reaching or is this a viable suggestion? Are there too many Shadow/Dark counterparts in the game at this point? Do you think Shadow Link has the potential to be unique?

Did anyone even vote for Shadow Link?

Top Bottom