• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Preparation for Smash Ultimate

DDRC

Smash Apprentice
Smash Ultimate is less than a month away. I have noticed that a lot of people have been looking at the framedata for all the characters. I do this and have also been brushing up on smash 4 because the games will still have largely similar fundamentals. This is kind of just a general discussion thread because im curious if anyone else has been doing these things.

D

Deleted member

How is Link an echo of Marth when he came first?
Its a meme.

Yes, I have been doing this as well, I cant get enough of Zelda game footage. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
A friend and I have been practicing Smash 4 with basically the whole cast. We don't know which characters or which playstyles will be good in Ultimate so we're focusing mostly on improving with everything in Smash 4 instead of focusing on mains. Some of it has been really interesting play; other things have been painful (like my time really exploring what Palutena can do in 4; it's pitiful...).

Last edited:

DDRC

Smash Apprentice
A friend and I have been practicing Smash 4 with basically the whole cast. We don't know which characters or which playstyles will be good in Ultimate so we're focusing mostly on improving with everything in Smash 4 instead of focusing on mains. Some of it has been really interesting play; other things have been painful (like my time really exploring what Palutena can do in 4; it's pitiful...).
Yeah ive been trying to learn as many smash 4 movesets as i can lol

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I haven't been preparing. At all. I traded in my Wii U and my copy of Smash 4 for GameStop Store Credit in order to get a Switch, so there's no way I could get any practice in before Ultimate's release.

I'll have to go in blind, I guess. Shouldn't be too bad.

Top Bottom