• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Premium Membership

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Announcement below. Discuss away, feedback is welcome as well. But 4 dollars for 3 months is pretty much amazing.

Smashboards is incredibly pleased to announce the new premium membership package!

When we decided we wanted to put together a premium offering, the first thing we did was talk to some of our users and find out what they wanted out of their experience here. After getting their feedback, our goal was to incorporate as much of that as possible and come up with some great perks that we could make available at a low cost without taking away from any of the features Smashboards members grown accustomed to receiving for free. Here is what we came up with:

• Two (2) name changes for every three (3) months of premium membership.
  • Ability to change to a custom title of your choice
  • Ability to get a lime green username color (you can see an example here)
  • A mushroom icon -
    -
  • Two (2) Premium Pranks per month. A Premium Prank is the ability to switch other non-premium members' (Staff not included) color to pink and user titles to "got Premium Pranked."
  • Access to The Disco Room -- a cool, social, fun, room where the magic happens exclusively for premium members. (You are free to post whatever you want so long as it doesn't violate our very, very lax disco room rules)
  • Community-made skins, including Ankoku's Crastels and Generations, as well as Disco Blue, Orange Fever, Leekskin and Classic Violet!
  • A larger PM box. Hold up to 1337 pms at once!

All of this is available for a very low price. The following subscriptions are available:

3 months: $4
6 months: $7
1 year (12 months): $12

To order your very own premium membership, hit the link below and follow the instructions.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A PREMIUM MEMBER TODAY!

The process is simple, safe, and secure using Google Checkout. You just follow the directions, check-out (after which you will be redirected to Smashboards), and within 5 to 15 minutes you will be placed in the premium usergroup automatically and receive the benefits immediately. To premium prank a member or to change your username simply send a PM to Virgilijus with the subject "premium". Do make sure that the username you wish to switch to or prank is correct and available. If you are unsure, simply do a quick search first. If you go over your limit for name changes, we will not be changing it until the limit resets. Pranks only last 1 month. You may prank yourself to be pink and keep your custom title as well. *This option is only available to people after they have purchased the premium membership. No name changes or premium pranks will be done without it.*

"What will my money be used for?"

Our Goal is to filter the money back into the community. Be it smashboards projects, tournament sponsorship (bigger prizes, better venues, etc), or just things we think will help grow or improve our community in general. Expect more details in the coming weeks.

Once again, I just want to assure everyone that our goal with the premium membership is to provide some added value without taking away anything that makes our community great for all our non-paying members. As always, any feedback you guys have is welcomed and hopefully you are all as excited about this package as I am.

Note about name changes/pranks

Name changes and premium prank requests will be done anywhere between a day and a week after you first send the PM, it is not instant.

Gifting: You can only gift 1 month of your premium to one other person. If you want to gift them an entire subscription, you can buy them premium and then I (Virgilijus) can transfer that.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's nice and all... But I wouldn't buy it. 3-12 bucks for the ability to socialize as much as I do already, an icon that shows you bought it, and changing a title? Maybe I'm overexagerating, but still...

I'm sure a buttload of people will take this deal, though.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
eh, I still think pranks are silly and unnecessary, but w/e.

I'm also sad that there's no color change to the premium member or add removal :(

But custom titles are worth it and the price is right, so I'm all over this.
There is a lime green now! You can see an example here

Smash Journeyman
How much do we have to pay to get access to the friend finder?

D13

Smash Ace
It's nice and all... But I wouldn't buy it. 3-12 bucks for the ability to socialize as much as I do already, an icon that shows you bought it, and changing a title
Buying a premium membership is also a cool way to support smashboards. I'd just think of it as a donation with perks.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Question:

If you get Premium Pranked, will any custom titles return to their original state once the prank period ends? It would be rather disappointing if I got Premium Pranked and I lost my custom title because of it, and I think it would be a little unfair if people had the ability to do that.

That said, I am interested in a Premium Membership. It has some cool features, and it also supports SmashBoards, which is good enough for me. For a site I get such a large use from, it makes sense to support it.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
hmmm, ok, I've got my premium membership, how would I go about activating said Lime Green?

Also, would it be possible for me to keep my title and just prank myself every month to have a *****in' pink name?
If you wanted to, I'd be cool with that.

**** yeah obnoxious green

The premium pranked! title is gonna work as an additional usergroup, just like Tourney Directors. You will not lose your custom title unless you specifically ask for it to be changed to that.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
hmmm, ok, I've got my premium membership, how would I go about activating said Lime Green?

Also, would it be possible for me to keep my title and just prank myself every month to have a *****in' pink name?
Being like Santa Clause i switched it for you. But in the future you simply go to 'user cp" up top, then click "group memberships", and simply update your display usergroup at the bottom.

And haha, yeap pink pretty much rocks. You could keep it for yourself twice a month, but why not share the love?

Question:

If you get Premium Pranked, will any custom titles return to their original state once the prank period ends? It would be rather disappointing if I got Premium Pranked and I lost my custom title because of it, and I think it would be a little unfair if people had the ability to do that.

That said, I am interested in a Premium Membership. It has some cool features, and it also supports SmashBoards, which is good enough for me. For a site I get such a large use from, it makes sense to support it.
Nope, I very much agree it wouldnt be fair for people to lose a custom title because of it. Its just a fun thing. You wont lose a custom title and you can switch out of the displaying of it if you wish.

And glad to see people are interested!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
If you wanted to, I'd be cool with that.

**** yeah obnoxious green

The premium pranked! title is gonna work as an additional usergroup, just like Tourney Directors. You will not lose your custom title unless you specifically ask for it to be changed to that.
yea, obnoxious green isn't quite my style, let's pink it up!

do I still need to PM you?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Nah, I'll do it. From now on PM me though, I have a habit of not reading stuff. :p

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
This is awesome. I will be getting this as soon as I get paid.

2 QQS:

1: can you premium prank yourself? I like hot pink :p

2: Is the money gained from this going to be used in part for TOs? I heard this was being considered.

EDIT: I see Number 1 was already answered while I was posting.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
The money will go towards tournies, and yes, you can prank yourself.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nope, I very much agree it wouldnt be fair for people to lose a custom title because of it. Its just a fun thing. You wont lose a custom title and you can switch out of the displaying of it if you wish.

And glad to see people are interested!
Okay, thank you both for the answers. Glad to see it won't mess anything up.

(The pink actually looks pretty cool, too, looking at Mogwai's name...or, at least, his former name.)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
it would be cooler if you could change someone elses username when you pranked them o.O
this came up in the old "what would you want from Premium?" thread and suffice to say it would be way too obnoxious and confusing on top of the obvious difficulties that would come from having a username/password log in system where any jerk could just switch your username on you.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well i mean the username you log in with would be the same

it'd just display different

also instead of forcing a lime green color, letting users pick their own color = hella legit

i know i'd buy it if the color wasn't that ugly lime green and i could just choose somethin cool

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Don't double post.

We also don't have enough colors to do that without confusing people. I think it's fine the way it is.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
right, well, the issue with that as I remember it was that there are certain colors that carry important meanings on smashboards (namely red and black, but even the broom and a couple other colors matter to a certain degree as well), and you wouldn't want people to be able to masquerade as a mod or something else that could be used maliciously. I still think perhaps a list of approved custom colors would be cooler than just lime green, but it's a start.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Furthermore, some people would choose the colors representing some of the actual groups here (Debaters, Directors, BRoomers, SBRoomers, Mods, what have you) in order to confuse people.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm loving Premium. Anyone considering buying, do it now. It's well worth it for all this silliness.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Welp, that explains my neon pink name xD

Thanks Straked, lmao

:093:

Top Bottom