• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Preferred Rules Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
The item FFAers are creeping their way up the GSP ladder, and I think a lot of the 1v1ers are losing steam now that the honeymoon phase is over. So now I get tons of item matches looking for 1v1 no items. It's to the point where I start every session with at least one item battle. Usually afterward I will get some meaningful 1v1s in, but the takeover is happening.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
The item FFAers are creeping their way up the GSP ladder, and I think a lot of the 1v1ers are losing steam now that the honeymoon phase is over. So now I get tons of item matches looking for 1v1 no items. It's to the point where I start every session with at least one item battle. Usually afterward I will get some meaningful 1v1s in, but the takeover is happening.
And it's affecting standings on many people. Whenever I get a steady stream of no item bf/fd teams with a good player to partner that character goes to Elite and usually when that threshold is breached all 3 players drop. It's happened 4 times total since launch. One of those characters is still in Elite because I don't use them and in the meantime I keep logging in racking up huge battle counts with the same 5 characters with anywhere from 49 to 60 percent win rate last 10 or 50. Just gotta keep logging in waiting for that streak lol

mangojuice

Smash Rookie
There are some battlefield stages with vertical dividers in the middle that completely disrupts the flow of the game. is there anyway to ban those in some sort of setting? Also I asked in another thread, whether or not it's possible to gete 0 GSP. The reason being that I try and play people better than me so I'm constantly losing. lol. I tend to drop from games where I know I can win everytime.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
There are some battlefield stages with vertical dividers in the middle that completely disrupts the flow of the game. is there anyway to ban those in some sort of setting? Also I asked in another thread, whether or not it's possible to gete 0 GSP. The reason being that I try and play people better than me so I'm constantly losing. lol. I tend to drop from games where I know I can win everytime.
What? Vertical dividers? What do you mean and what stages?

And you can get to 1GSP, multiple people on YouTube have done so intentionally. 0 isn’t possible AFAIK

Oneiros5321

Smash Apprentice
Got the same problem.
I'm not in Elite Smash but I played for a bit yesterday and out of 6 matches, 2 were with items and 2 were on random stages (no Battlefield nor Omega). This is around 2 million GSP (standing most of the time between 2 and 3 million)

I feel like the more people are going to join the game online, the more this problem is going to be a thing.

Honestly, I dropped the game after that, this is just not fun to not being able to play the way I want. They really need to do something about that.
And since I'm not having fun I keep losing, I can't focus on it and kinda mentally give up as soon as the match starts.

mangojuice

Smash Rookie
What? Vertical dividers? What do you mean and what stages?

And you can get to 1GSP, multiple people on YouTube have done so intentionally. 0 isn’t possible AFAIK
Venom I think it's called. It's a plane. There's a wing in the middle the stage requiring you to jump over it.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Venom I think it's called. It's a plane. There's a wing in the middle the stage requiring you to jump over it.
That’s not a triplat stage, though. It’s more of a quadplat without a main floor. And a big chunk of solid ship taking up the space between the platforms. And all the platforms are slanted. It's kind of annoying to play on, to be honest.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Got the same problem.
I'm not in Elite Smash but I played for a bit yesterday and out of 6 matches, 2 were with items and 2 were on random stages (no Battlefield nor Omega). This is around 2 million GSP (standing most of the time between 2 and 3 million)

I feel like the more people are going to join the game online, the more this problem is going to be a thing.

Honestly, I dropped the game after that, this is just not fun to not being able to play the way I want. They really need to do something about that.
And since I'm not having fun I keep losing, I can't focus on it and kinda mentally give up as soon as the match starts.
Glorious arenas are calling your name, then. That’s where I spend a majority of my time online now. Mostly elite smash level players who care about lag and tune their connection to be as good as possible. And no punishment for losing except maybe needing to wait in line.

That’s not the battlefield version then, that’s the standard version dude

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Got the same problem.

I've been playing in the 1.5-2.5 mil GSP range and I'm still getting at least 90% 1v1, no items, BF or omega only.

mangojuice

Smash Rookie
Glorious arenas are calling your name, then. That’s where I spend a majority of my time online now. Mostly elite smash level players who care about lag and tune their connection to be as good as possible. And no punishment for losing except maybe needing to wait in line.

That’s not the battlefield version then, that’s the standard version dude
Hooray for quick match then. lol.

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
one would think that a long time of inactivity would surely mean my problem was solved. one would think wrongly.

i took a break from smash brothers, and came back to the same old problem if being put in noncompetitive matches more than 90% of the time despite the fact that my preferred rules specifically request otherwise. it is not fun by any means. this game's online is complete crap.

Last edited:

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
i am at a point that i don't wanna play 1v1 for awhile on QP.. but i find a way to make sure you can still get out of a room if it ended up being with the amount of players you just don't wanna do, without ruining it for anyone
...before the match even starts and is still on the waiting screen just turn off your switch, turn it on again and just keep repeating this until you get the amount of players you want to play with
i hate that i have to do this..but i don't wanna be forced to play 1v1 for now until i want to myself -.-

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
one would think that a long time of inactivity would surely mean my problem was solved. one would think wrongly.

i took a break from smash brothers, and came back to the same old problem if being put in noncompetitive matches more than 90% of the time despite the fact that my preferred rules specifically request otherwise. it is not fun by any means. this game's online is complete crap.
I don't play quickplay any more unless I'm just bored. When I do, I usually just get mishmashes of my rules and other peoples' rules any time I try, even in Elite Smash. 3 stock 3 minute matches are rampant and I'm sick of timeouts, even when I'm on the favorable side of the timeout.

I'm fairly sure most "serious" online players have moved onto arenas - I know I have. Make or join a public 1v1 arena for 2 players only, so it's only you and whomever decides to join. You're guaranteed to have rules you want and no waiting in line. If the guy lags you just boot him. I tend to find better players here, anyway.

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
I'm fairly sure most "serious" online players have moved onto arenas - I know I have. Make or join a public 1v1 arena for 2 players only, so it's only you and whomever decides to join. You're guaranteed to have rules you want and no waiting in line. If the guy lags you just boot him. I tend to find better players here, anyway.
i have mentioned it before, and it still seems to hold true.

i'm probably not the first one to admit this, but i'm not the best at this game. my desires are to face people of my skill level, but this mode much like quick play doesn't provide this. arenas almost always play out the same way. one party wins without dying even once. this applies to veteran players and glorious smashers at least in my experience, and the chances of me being the winner in glorious smashers are less than 10% lower than veteran players. it's that random, and it feels more like a coin flip.

granted, i have gotten better over time and probably worse since i have gone a while without playing, but this mode just isn't fun for me.
When I do, I usually just get mishmashes of my rules and other peoples' rules any time I try, even in Elite Smash. 3 stock 3 minute matches are rampant and I'm sick of timeouts, even when I'm on the favorable side of the timeout.
way to brag about it.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
So basically no online modes are fun for you then. You could try one of the other arena types, All Skill Levels or Anything Goes, but I've never joined one of those to tell you what they're like. I imagine it would be better to create the lobby than join another.

Dunno what else to tell you though. Maybe join some smash discords, lots of them generally have their own matchmaking.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
i am at a point that i don't wanna play 1v1 for awhile on QP.. but i find a way to make sure you can still get out of a room if it ended up being with the amount of players you just don't wanna do, without ruining it for anyone
...before the match even starts and is still on the waiting screen just turn off your switch, turn it on again and just keep repeating this until you get the amount of players you want to play with
i hate that i have to do this..but i don't wanna be forced to play 1v1 for now until i want to myself -.-
That's considered a rage-quit though. I did that once before the match even started and I was stuck in the white waiting zone. I can't remember what I had for my rules, but I realized it wasn't going to give it to me and it was taking forever to find the match I wanted. I was tired of waiting. You can kind of tell when the match is read (or the server gave up and stuck you in something else) through different sounds the game will make. Wasn't doing any of those cues, so I just turned off the system.

And I got a 20 minute penalty the next time I booted up the game to play.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Just gotta be careful when you shut down. If you can still go to the leave menu then drop and reboot but if it's already to Get Ready nah and if it goes to the match screen definitely nah

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
That's considered a rage-quit though. I did that once before the match even started and I was stuck in the white waiting zone. I can't remember what I had for my rules, but I realized it wasn't going to give it to me and it was taking forever to find the match I wanted. I was tired of waiting. You can kind of tell when the match is read (or the server gave up and stuck you in something else) through different sounds the game will make. Wasn't doing any of those cues, so I just turned off the system.

And I got a 20 minute penalty the next time I booted up the game to play.
i did this multiple times now and so far the game has counted it as me leaving the lobby, cause i got no warning/bans nor GSP loss with the character i picked, it's risky i know cause if i time it wrong the game might see it as rage quit. but if i know i am to late with turning it off then i will just play the match ^^''
so far i got no problems..i just wished i didn't had to do this but sadly the game keeps trying to put me in 1v1 matches even though atm it's just not what i want to play.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I use:
⁃ 7 Minutes
⁃ 3 Stocks
⁃ 1v1
⁃ No Items
⁃ Final Destination
Fox R.O.B. only

ExplicitNope

Smash Rookie
Hi!
My preferred rules:
Format: 1v1
Rules: Stock
Stock: 3
Time: 7:00
Stage: Omega
Items: None

However, the asshole fox I met online was using THESE:
Format: 1v1
Rules: Stock, HP
Stock: 3 stock, 300HP
Time: 3:00
Stage: Battlefield
Items: Extreme, with only the +1 stock flag.
This fox was intentionally avoiding me for 3 minutes until DM, where he just used a neutral-b and won. Yay.
I was playing Wolf at ****ing 1.7 mil GSP. The fox was at 2 mil. A fox, playing HP battles with items, is higher than me. I love online.

1FC0

Smash Lord
This fox was intentionally avoiding me for 3 minutes until DM, where he just used a neutral-b and won. Yay.
I was playing Wolf at ****ing 1.7 mil GSP. The fox was at 2 mil. A fox, playing HP battles with items, is higher than me. I love online.
I do not know how long ago this was but today 2 mil is extremely low. Above 4.2 mil (which is very easy to get to now) such strange rulesets are very rare.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I just ran into a battle so similar to that dude. It was Captain Falcon and items on high, stamina 300 HP 3 stock. It was free for all. I noticed what he was trying to do, but the other two were so clueless they didn't bother with him and attacked me when I was trying to stock him from getting extra stocks. He won of course.

SmashPro32

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4872-0139-5121
... I have a bit of GSP but from losing a quickplay match in teams. seems boring.
Lucas seems top tier.

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
i don't even know why i thought anything would be different after a month of inactivity anymore. apparently 3.0 is supposed to come out today, which probably means changes to online, but at this point, it's a matter of if they will do anything.

i genuinely have hope that nintendo fixes the issue that has been plaguing my online experience since day f***ing one, but i have just about had it with all these stupid ffa matches and casual rule sets. if there still is no fix to quick play and/or arenas in the 3.0 update, i'm putting the game down and never picking it up again. sm4sh will be the go to game for online and casual matches with real life friends, and if worse comes to worst, i'll just buy and learn melee. that game is still popular in my area.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
i don't even know why i thought anything would be different after a month of inactivity anymore. apparently 3.0 is supposed to come out today, which probably means changes to online, but at this point, it's a matter of if they will do anything.

i genuinely have hope that nintendo fixes the issue that has been plaguing my online experience since day f***ing one, but i have just about had it with all these stupid ffa matches and casual rule sets. if there still is no fix to quick play and/or arenas in the 3.0 update, i'm putting the game down and never picking it up again. sm4sh will be the go to game for online and casual matches with real life friends, and if worse comes to worst, i'll just buy and learn melee. that game is still popular in my area.
Straight from the 3.0.0 patch notes:
  • It is now easier to be matched with players who have a similar Global Smash Power in Quickplay. Further improvements and adjustments to matchmaking are planned.
Might not be an immediate change, but hope for improvement

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I don't like elite. I've gotten into ffa and team equally (adaptation). It's still a great way to get a few matches in. 4 glory was still better but I'm good with it as it can only go up from here (hopefully lol).

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
Straight from the 3.0.0 patch notes:
  • It is now easier to be matched with players who have a similar Global Smash Power in Quickplay. Further improvements and adjustments to matchmaking are planned.
Might not be an immediate change, but hope for improvement
hate to break it to you, but being matched with people of the same gsp was the issue to start because the system will rarely allow me to 1v1 most of these guys even if the 1v1 is with casual rule sets.

i do so poorly in casual free for alls that my gsp has stayed at around a fixated number of 500k give or take 100k. the only reason it's not dropping is because of the occasional 1v1 match and some 2nd place finishes in free for alls. by the way, when you account for the fact that the gsp numbers are inflating every day due to more people purchasing the game, this gsp standstill is actually a drop. i also can't build it up with another character i think would do well in free for alls because gsp is based on character.

most of the people who present these casual rulesets and prevent me from playing competitively are inside or close to my gsp range. the fact that nintendo even said that statement i colored in purple in their patch notes is outright terrifying for me.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
You need to run away during FFAs if it is with stock on. If you do that then you might win them. This is also easier since the poeple with low GSP tend to be bad so any confrontation that you are forced in will be easier to deal with. Also do not disrupt other peoples fights with each other by spamming projectiles from a distance. I see a lot of people do this but it is stupid. When your opponents are fighting each other then that will already make them damage each other so disrupting their fight by spamming projectiles is pointless and spamming projectiles will attract attention to you making it harder to stay safe. It really does not matter whether thay get damaged or even killed by your projectiles or by each other's attacks. What does matter is who their attention goes to.

Last edited:

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
You need to run away during FFAs if it is with stock on. If you do that then you might win them. This is also easier since the poeple with low GSP tend to be bad so any confrontation that you are forced in will be easier to deal with. Also do not disrupt other peoples fights with each other by spamming projectiles from a distance. I see a lot of people do this but it is stupid. When your opponents are fighting each other then that will already make them damage each other so disrupting their fight by spamming projectiles is pointless and spamming projectiles will attract attention to you making it harder to stay safe. It really does not matter whether thay get damaged or even killed by your projectiles or by each other's attacks. What does matter is who their attention goes to.
been there, tried that. it works in stock battles, but the issue with running away is that roughly 70% of free for alls are timed battles. not stock battles. when that happens, one of a few things occur.
  • there's a chance one enemy is godlike in comparison to the other two giving me 2nd place because i can actually flee successfully.
  • on occasion, everyone will have zero points, and the game goes to a four way sudden death giving me a chance for 1st place.
  • unfortunately, the most common occurrence is getting kicked by the game. as of 2.0.0, the strategy i used to avoid getting kicked was shot down by whatever changes they made to online.
  • i can run away for the most part while deliberately going out of my way from getting kicked, but that outcome is barely any better.
the only way to prevent myself from getting kicked is to frequently intervene in other player's battles (i must do this at least twice a minute). whether it's a two way confrontation or a three way confrontation, it costs me a point each time.

as you said, intervening in other players battles draws attention to me and make it harder for me to stay safe. i take at least 40% damage from this even if spamming projectiles from a distance which adds up fast. there is one thing however that draws more attention to me than fighting other players, and it's often what costs me points. taking damage in a free for all. that is essentially "how to have the entire lobby gang up on you at the same time 101". 40% is usually enough to cross that threshold mostly because ness already isn't a durable fighter and 90% of everyone uses heavy hitters like bowser, ganondorf, or ike. a 1v3 is never a good thing, and no matter what i do, i will always end up dying with in 15 seconds of that moment.

the worst part is that the only alternative to taking 4th place every time that i have control over is getting kicked from the lobby. i don't have control over whether the first two scenarios happen. i want them to be the case more often, but server match up is not in player control. if it was, i would be using it to get me more 1v1 matches like i wanted in the first place.

1FC0

Smash Lord
been there, tried that. it works in stock battles, but the issue with running away is that roughly 70% of free for alls are timed battles. not stock battles. when that happens, one of a few things occur.

• there's a chance one enemy is godlike in comparison to the other two giving me 2nd place because i can actually flee successfully.
  • on occasion, everyone will have zero points, and the game goes to a four way sudden death giving me a chance for 1st place.
  • unfortunately, the most common occurrence is getting kicked by the game. as of 2.0.0, the strategy i used to avoid getting kicked was shot down by whatever changes they made to online.
  • i can run away for the most part while deliberately going out of my way from getting kicked, but that outcome is barely any better.
the only way to prevent myself from getting kicked is to frequently intervene in other player's battles (i must do this at least twice a minute). whether it's a two way confrontation or a three way confrontation, it costs me a point each time.

as you said, intervening in other players battles draws attention to me and make it harder for me to stay safe. i take at least 40% damage from this even if spamming projectiles from a distance which adds up fast. there is one thing however that draws more attention to me than fighting other players, and it's often what costs me points. taking damage in a free for all. that is essentially "how to have the entire lobby gang up on you at the same time 101". 40% is usually enough to cross that threshold mostly because ness already isn't a durable fighter and 90% of everyone uses heavy hitters like bowser, ganondorf, or ike. a 1v3 is never a good thing, and no matter what i do, i will always end up dying with in 15 seconds of that moment.

the worst part is that the only alternative to taking 4th place every time that i have control over is getting kicked from the lobby. i don't have control over whether the first two scenarios happen. i want them to be the case more often, but server match up is not in player control. if it was, i would be using it to get me more 1v1 matches like i wanted in the first place.
I thought that most battle were stock hence why I gave advice for that. Timed battles are harder indeed and can be very unfair. Like losing to a noob because he farmed an even bigger noob or even because the bigger noob happened to SD after getting touched by the noob.

What I find works decently in FFA timed battles though is throwing out very powerful moves that would normally almost never hit and would normally get you punished hard for it. So if two players are fighting each other you could try hitting them with PK Thunder billiart or with PK Flash. It might hit them since they're distracted and even if it misses you probably won't get punished hard for it since few FFA players have the strategic insight to allow an opponent time to properly punish another opponent which makes this useful even in stock or when you have low damage when it would actually be beneficial for them to allow one of them enough time to properly punish you.

Though to be fair I have almost no experience playing timed FFA. I sometimes like doing stock FFA but timed FFA IMO is just stupid and I never prefer it.

Sans3546

Smash Cadet
I thought that most battle were stock hence why I gave advice for that. Timed battles are harder indeed and can be very unfair. Like losing to a noob because he farmed an even bigger noob or even because the bigger noob happened to SD after getting touched by the noob.

What I find works decently in FFA timed battles though is throwing out very powerful moves that would normally almost never hit and would normally get you punished hard for it. So if two players are fighting each other you could try hitting them with PK Thunder billiart or with PK Flash. It might hit them since they're distracted and even if it misses you probably won't get punished hard for it since few FFA players have the strategic insight to allow an opponent time to properly punish another opponent which makes this useful even in stock or when you have low damage when it would actually be beneficial for them to allow one of them enough time to properly punish you.

Though to be fair I have almost no experience playing timed FFA. I sometimes like doing stock FFA but timed FFA IMO is just stupid and I never prefer it.
the thing is that while i have some powerful moves, none have had a history of doing anything.

pk flash leave me open for the fourth person to murder usually resulting in nothing but wasted time and extra damage on me. it's never worked in any situation ever, and i never will see it working any time in the foreseeable future.

pk thunder is slow as well, but not as slow. unfortunately, it's kill power is vastly overshadowed by some of the heavy's attacks which my enemies usually fall victim to. it does work if they're at or over the edge being launched away from the stage, but not only is it very situational for that move to work, it's pretty easy to f*** up and kill myself by accident. even if i don't self destruct by mistake, it's not uncommon to get punished to death by another player afterwards.

back throw would require me to go into the middle of the kill zone, and i have mentioned many times how dangerous that is. usually there isn't even enough time for me to grab the opponent before something hits me.

literally the only way i can get kills is stay away from the action and pray someone gets launched past me but not far enough to die so i can use aerials to keep them off stage, but even if i miraculously get two of those cheap kills in one match, it's rarely enough to get me into 2nd place or higher.

Dabble Dot

Smash Cadet
Something I've noticed is that now when its items I'm always trapped in a timed game. I can't sd out.
Nintendo I have no intention of playing itemed games I absolutely refuse. I will sd. But to counter that they make it timed. Timed? I only play stocks. I know they don't want to be this way. They don't want to be mean about it. But there forcing me to play when I don't want to.

Once it was like a 8 minute game all items. Just absolutely rediculous that they game the system this way...

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
This comment needs to go under the post of "WHY IS THIS ONLINE SO BAD". And I agree, this online system is a disgrace. People who want to play seriously should not be playing in the same room of those who want to play with items and casually.

D

Deleted member

You can't just assume everyone is a super serious competitive player, if I enjoy playing a 20:00 minute match on PAC-LAND with Items on, then why shouldn't I be allowed to play this way? Nintendo has given me the option and it's how I enjoy playing the game.

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
You can't just assume everyone is a super serious competitive player, if I enjoy playing a 20:00 minute match on PAC-LAND with Items on, then why shouldn't I be allowed to play this way? Nintendo has given me the option and it's how I enjoy playing the game.
The problem isn't that you have the option to opt in to playing those rules, its that other players that obviously do not want to play that rule set get forced to. It is dead ass obvious that a huge portion of the players only want to play competitive rules, and it is asinine of nintendo to combine "fun" rule sets with competitive. Everybody loses with this design.

and, if you're purposefully picking those rules to be a troll, then, well, you are a troll

J.I.L

The problem isn't that you have the option to opt in to playing those rules, its that other players that obviously do not want to play that rule set get forced to. It is dead *** obvious that a huge portion of the players only want to play competitive rules, and it is asinine of nintendo to combine "fun" rule sets with competitive. Everybody loses with this design.

and, if you're purposefully picking those rules to be a troll, then, well, you are a troll
Accurate as usual. A utter lose-lose for most parties involed. Even for the trolls it's annoying, because you have to sit and play through rulesets that aren't you're own... and since it's random and not turns, it may take awhile before it hits your ruleset makiing you exhausted and not even enjoy the satisfacation of of your troll ruleset. But what would I know about how trolls are thinking............ lol.

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
Accurate as usual. A utter lose-lose for most parties involed. Even for the trolls it's annoying, because you have to sit and play through rulesets that aren't you're own... and since it's random and not turns, it may take awhile before it hits your ruleset makiing you exhausted and not even enjoy the satisfacation of of your troll ruleset. But what would I know about how trolls are thinking............ lol.
I honestly just pull my switch from the dock when people have completely obnoxious rule sets that I can't get out of with SDs. Kind of just soft quitting the game regardless. Not as some sort of a protest, but i've just stopped playing it much since its kind of trash and not engaging.

J.I.L

I honestly just pull my switch from the dock when people have completely obnoxious rule sets that I can't get out of with SDs. Kind of just soft quitting the game regardless. Not as some sort of a protest, but i've just stopped playing it much since its kind of trash and not engaging.
It's not like you get that sort of jank, when you head to 1v1, espcially 1v1 of elite smash. By then, it's mostly consitent. But for TB and FFA, yeah...no matter where your gsp is...people will use those modes to play with items and there's no way of seperating it. And don't you start to get banned if you ragequit?

Amon O

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7305 3643 0520
I can relate. Not fun playing against a rob or Wii fit trainer all items normal stages in elite. I feel like a no items / smash ball low for competitive and everything else, another bracket.

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
It's not like you get that sort of jank, when you head to 1v1, espcially 1v1 of elite smash. By then, it's mostly consitent. But for TB and FFA, yeah...no matter where your gsp is...people will use those modes to play with items and there's no way of seperating it. And don't you start to get banned if you ragequit?
Its really not an issue for me. I just get super tilted if im trying to push GSP and i get cheese ****** by some BS rule set. but I've stopped playing since the game just isn't fun, even when i'm getting all 1v1s, which is 99% of the time anyway. Most people are incredibly gimmicky players and are just obnoxious to play against, and GSP is just a meaningless ranking that doesn't provide motivation to play more. There's no tournaments, nothing to unlock or work towards. You kind of just play to beat other players, and when 80% of them are unworthy of anything but my tea bag and "You're amazing", its kinda like wtf am i doing.

and yes you get timed penalties for disconnecting. Mine is usually maxed out at 2.5 hours or whatever it caps at. Well, used to be. its at zero now since i have taken a few days off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom