• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Preferred Method of Desyncing/Best Method

EndingOfGenesis

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, learned a lot from this community, and figured I would take a small poll. What is you most preferred way of desyncing the climbers? I know each has slight advantages, but is there any that just feels better to you on the fly during a set?

Last edited:

2 Trainz

Smash Rookie
I rely pretty heavily on dash dance and pivot desyncs. I largely prefer them due to their speed.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
you should probably change the name of this question, as it is contradictory when you read the full post. you know how to desync, and now you just want to know peoples preferred methods. I tried ICS when i was starting out but i just wasnt any good, :/

ive only ever been good with the most basic of desyncs: spotdodge desync, and roll desync.

EndingOfGenesis

Smash Rookie
you should probably change the name of this question, as it is contradictory when you read the full post. you know how to desync, and now you just want to know peoples preferred methods. I tried ICS when i was starting out but i just wasnt any good, :/

ive only ever been good with the most basic of desyncs: spotdodge desync, and roll desync.
Thanks for the heads up. Done and done. I didnt even think of that. I use spotdodge and roll way too frequently. And get punished accordingly. The dd desync Im trying to put in my game, and its going well, but I never saw too much of a use besides a bait for pivot desync.

Last edited:

Brooster77

Smash Rookie
I'm still learning dd and pivot desyncs. So I use roll and grab wiff desyncs allot.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
depends heavily on the situation, but generally dd and pivot desyncs.

the best possible desyncs are generally sensitivity desyncs, but only a couple of ICs are actually using those. really difficult without notches.

but there are other ones that are really useful in the right spots like landing desyncs/L-cancel desyncs, or ftilt guard stuff.

jasonofoz

Smash Rookie
Wobbles has said that his initial review of pivot desyncs were wrong. He thought they would be a game changer, then he said that they're good, but could be easily replaced by other(usually more simple) desyncs. This is an unpopular opinion, I'm just paraphrasing Wobbles though. Spotdodge Desyncs are pretty good, especially with a read on your opponent. Roll Desyncs are bad but good with correct mindgames. Dashdance desyncs are really good, if you get them down well.

Last edited:

Audos

Smash Apprentice
I SD optimally to desync. I highly recommend other Ice Climber mains such as myself to do the same. Long live the grab.

Last edited:

TrapLordGarbage

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, learned a lot from this community, and figured I would take a small poll. What is you most preferred way of desyncing the climbers? I know each has slight advantages, but is there any that just feels better to you on the fly during a set?
Ayyy im probably super late but i notice no one has said anything about the missed grab desync.

-During the grab animation you can buffer anything for Nana ( i think, i dont go too far outside of Smashes or blizzards but im sure you could dash attack)

its really good for retreating because you can WD back and while you slide you can input the grab and blizzard, but be careful, anyone with half a brain will catch on if you do it too much so try to mix it up with your other desyncs

Hope I helped!

Last edited:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if i want to desync defensively, i almost always roll

i've discovered though that it's not that useful in the corner, so in that situation i use up-B oos into nana blizzard

SwedenIKEA

Smash Rookie
I desync with turnaround f-tilt and sd like always because I think those are the most optimal

Top Bottom