• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Preference between using A or B for special inputs?

Sometimes I feel much much more reliable with one over the other. Do you guys have a preference as to whether you use A or B for your special inputs, and if so, why do you prefer using that button?

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I like using A because it’s just like Street Fighter for normal buttons to behave like specials when given a directional input. I only ever use B when I want to recover to the stage.

Senator Phillips

Smash Cadet
I like using A because it’s just like Street Fighter for normal buttons to behave like specials when given a directional input. I only ever use B when I want to recover to the stage.
As an old school SF player, that's how I see it. I feel like the inputs are more reliable with A, although that's probably just placebo effect. I do use Dir+B for stage recovery, though, as consistent as I've been for decades on the inputs, it feels like playing with fire to do a shoryuken the classic style when I'm falling off a platform.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
As an old school SF player, that's how I see it. I feel like the inputs are more reliable with A, although that's probably just placebo effect. I do use Dir+B for stage recovery, though, as consistent as I've been for decades on the inputs, it feels like playing with fire to do a shoryuken the classic style when I'm falling off a platform.
Totally; I love doing True SRK for extra style points whenever I get the chance.

Nice username, btw.

Shieldlesscap

Smash Apprentice
I mean, you literally can't do roundhouse kicks without doing A, so...

Yeah I use A, although I might start using B for Tatsu so I can't accidentally do Nata

Top Bottom