• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Predictions (now compare to the results!!!)

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
My predictions for results:
Skullgirls brings in 20k for about 50k total
ST brings in 30k for 65k total
SSBM Spirit Bomb is 45k for 82k total
Other predictions:
A single person donates 10k+ for Melee
Wepay crashes, goes back up for a bit, then crashes again.
dark horse to make a last minute run: Divekick

Sure bets:
Breast Cancer loses
Lots of people are salty
The outcome is controversial
Something happens no one expects

What are your predictions for tonight?

EDIT: Some people thought 82k was a crazy prediction, but it was still too low!!!
I undershot Melee by 12k.
I way undershot Skullgirls by 28k
ST only went up 10k but the reviewing business shut them down
I think the single person contributing 10k may have been true, but I may never know for sure.
The Wepay crashing was pretty spot on, at least for me there were 2 time periods I couldn't get it up.
Breast Cancer lost
Skullgirls didn't come off as salty (Mike Z)
No one expected the numbers to jump quite like they did.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I'll be impressed if the numbers for all three games jump like that (although maybe at this point I shouldn't be surprised).

I won't even be mad if Dive Kick wins. That game loves to parody Cap fighters and it would be hilarious to sit the entire EVO crowd through it. Just like they say "each attack does 1 BILLION damage", I hope each donation is 1 BILLION dollars.

dkuo

Smash Lord
melee:
  • we win
  • no more salty tears
  • only dreams now
sg:
  • their donation drive will lose a little steam from the players who flock to st. but not enough to not pose a threat to melee
  • a generous guy who's trying to donate +3k to st/melee will accidentally donate to sg, and this will convince a lot of the people who flocked to st to come back to sg since they're finnicky like that
  • yea idk. i havent been following their streams at all lmao
st:
  • i believe they've been holding back for a long time so that they don't encourage melee/sg from donating more, thus minimizing their $ required. they have the option of doing so since they're a small group with enough $ to catch up later anyways
  • in the same vein of logic...i expect a considerable snipe near the end (within the hour) to put themselves ahead by ~1k after both melee/sg put in their spirit bombs, so as to minimize $ required. but because of this "minimize $ required" mindset that i think they have, i believe they'll undershoot, as a flurry of panicked sg/melee players push their numbers past st's snipe - st dont have the last-minute panic flurry comeback factor :awesome: (on a similar note, this said flurry will crash wepay)

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I predict ST wins the whole thing. Although I hope that doesn't happen

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
divekick will make a comeback

if that game makes i'd go to evo just to watch divekick

but melee's def got this, i'm more afraid of ST than SG tho

zmx

Smash Lord
I think Skullgirls is out of the picture now. They seem to have given up.

So the only thing I can say with some certainty is that SGs won't win. It's between ST and Smash now.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I think Skullgirls is out of the picture now. They seem to have given up.

So the only thing I can say with some certainty is that SGs won't win. It's between ST and Smash now.
Remember when we thought we had it in the bag last time? They jumped ahead so far of us that some of our community members thought it was lost for good. They pulled in 15k last time in one shot, and if they can manage that again (some people are claiming they'll have more this time due to a "big surprise") they might just be able to retake everything... what is clear though is that it looks like a lot of members are purposely not spending anything until the "right time"... so I guess if the WePay site went down, they'd probably get the shaft.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
So here's how my predictions compared to the results:

Some people thought 82k was a crazy prediction, but it was still too low!!!
I undershot Melee by 12k.
I way undershot Skullgirls by 28k
ST only went up 10k but the reviewing business shut them down
I think the single person contributing 10k may have been true, but I may never know for sure.
The Wepay crashing was pretty spot on, at least for me there were 2 time periods I couldn't get it up.
Breast Cancer lost
Skullgirls didn't come off as salty (Mike Z)
No one expected the numbers to jump quite like they did.

Top Bottom