• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 Prediction Thread

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
PPMD

Armada
Leffen

M2k

Mango

Hbox

Placements. Names that are close together represent matches that could go either way. The greater the distance, the greater the liklihood of an upset.

In a % form (odds that a candidate will take the entire thing):

PPMD: 40%
Armada: 20%
Leffen: 18%
M2k: 10%
Mango: 5%
Hbox: 4%

3% accumulative upset wins.

Betting commence (I am literally giving 1:2 odds on PPMD up to 50$ for any takers).

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
PPMD, Armada, Mang0, M2k, amsa, hbox, westballz, hax, random cali player from open bracket, leffen. Willing to bet 50 respect points that leffen doesn't get top 5

strawhats

Smash Master
I'd love to see m2k actually win an international large-scale tournament, instead of taking 2nd/3rd/4th/5th like he has in recent years. Time will tell but he's got the capacity to do it, he's just gotta be playing on point and making confident decisions. aka not suiciding/ledge stalling out of fear/laser camping without mixing in aggression when apt. Hope MaNg0 and aMSa do well too.(Hoping PPU/Ice make out of the open bracket.

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
If Mango takes it seriously and really wants it, I can see him taking the tournament. I hope aMSa makes top 8 and s0ft does well.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
I call Mango for #1 spot 100%. Why is he so low on your list?
My logic is this:

1. Mango hasn't made it through winners side of a large international tournament in ____ (I don't remember ever).

2. Mango has been struggling recently with both M2K and Dr.PeePee

3. Mango's playstyle limits him to a very all-or-nothing mentality. In other words, he doesn't have the same consistency that many of the others do.

If Mango takes it seriously and really wants it, I can see him taking the tournament. I hope aMSa makes top 8 and s0ft does well.
Mango has been trying and taking it seriously for quite some time. "Tryhard mango" that everyone over-hypes is a thing of the past. He simply is.

above is imo

Still giving 2:1 odds on Dr.PeePee to win it all, up to 50. Any takers yet?

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Yeah PMD basically has this in the bag. As much as I want aMSa to win this he has no chance.

Top Bottom