• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predict Pyra/Mythra's Classic Mode

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Since Pyra/Mythra are now fighters. it's no secret they'll get a Classic Mode. So let's predict what they'll look like (or at the very least, make one for funsies)!

My take: Two Blades Awakened (fights characters with different types of blades)
Round 1: :ultlink: on Great Plateau Tower (Battle!! - Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Round 2: :ultbyleth: on Garreg Mach Monastery (Still, Move Forward!)
Round 3: :ultcloud::ultsephiroth:(free-for-all) on Northern Cave (Those Who Stand Against Our Path - Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Round 4: :ultpit::ultdarkpit:on Reset Bomb Forest (Battle!! (Torna Ver.))
Round 5: Pyra/Mythra on [XC2 stage] (Counterattack)
Round 6: :ultshulk: on Battlefield Gaur Plain (You Will Know Our Names)
Final Round: Ganon (After Despair and Hope)

Last edited:

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Path to Elysium

In every fight you get a :ultswordfighter: (rex) as partner

Round 1: :ultbrawler: :ultduckhunt: on Gaur Plain (representing Nia&Dromarch on Gormott)
Round 2: :ultkirby::ultinkling: on Minecraft World (Village) (Tora & Poppy on Torigath)
Round 3: :ultlucina: :ultzelda: on Shadow Moses Island / Find Mii ( either Morag and Brigid in the military base or on mor adain)
Round 4: :ultike::ultpikachu: on Great Cave Offensive (Zeke & Pandoria on Uraya)
Round 5: :ultshulk::ultzss: on temple (battlefield) (Shulk and Fiora in that weird dimension)
Round 6: :ultsephiroth::ultganondorf: on Nothern Cave (Jin and Malos on the cliffs of Morytha)

Final Boss: That Brawl Mech Boss

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
Path to Elysium

Round 1: :ultbrawler: :ultduckhunt: on Gaur Plain (representing Nia&Dromarch on Gormott)
Round 2: :ultkirby::ultinkling: on Minecraft World (Village) (Tora & Poppy on Torigath)
Round 3: :ultlucina: :ultzelda: on Shadow Moses Island / Find Mii ( either Morag and Brigid in the military base or on mor adain)
Round 4: :ultike::ultpikachu: on Great Cave Offensive (Zeke & Pandoria on Uraya)
Round 5: :ultshulk::ultzss: on temple (battlefield) (Shulk and Fiora in that weird dimension)
Round 6: :ultsephiroth::ultganondorf: on Nothern Cave (Jin and Malos on the cliffs of Morytha)

That's a good one, however if someone didn't bought Sephiroth, then it'll be Marth in white alt.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
That's a good one, however if someone didn't bought Sephiroth, then it'll be Marth in white alt.
I am actually not entirely sure how they handle it. Are there even spirits etc which use the dlc fighters and can you get them when you havent purchest the char?

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
I am actually not entirely sure how they handle it. Are there even spirits etc which use the dlc fighters and can you get them when you havent purchest the char?
actually, no. For example, there was a Cuphead spirit event and if you didn't bought the Mii costume, then the fighter will be Megaman in white blue alt.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Yours is probably pretty close to what it will be. But Galleom makes more sense for the last fight than Ganon since it's truer to the source material. Also I wouldn't be shocked if there's a giant DK battle with the boss theme. N Nihilem 's is pretty good too, but I'm pretty sure having Rex as a Mii Brawler partner is unlikely because it's a DLC costume. They could probably just have Roy in his blue alt take his place if you don't have the costume though. Similar to what they did with the spirit fights for Aerith and Cuphead.

Last edited:

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Path to Elysium

I can't see them not remaining at least somewhat consistent with the Puppet Fighters of XC2's Spirit Battles, especially when it comes to Tora where Jigglypuff is a Nopon staple.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
I can't see them not remaining at least somewhat consistent with the Puppet Fighters of XC2's Spirit Battles, especially when it comes to Tora where Jigglypuff is a Nopon staple.
To be honest I didnt check what characters they used for the spirits .... but tora can ofc also be represented by jigglypuff.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
2 as one

stage 1::ultbanjokazooie:
stage 2: :ulticeclimbers:
Stage 3: :ultrosalina:
stage 4: :ultduckhunt:
stage 5: :ultsheik::ultzelda:
stage 6: :ultpokemontrainer: (fine 3 or 4 i guess)

Boss: Master and Crazy Hand

Alternative:
I thought I was going to be in Smash!!!:

1) Rex Mii fighter
2) Rex Mii fighter with Nia brawler
3) Rex Mii fighter with :ultbyleth:
4) Rex Mii fighter with:ultshulk:
5) Rex Mii fighter with :ultpokemontrainer:
6) Rex Mii fighter with :ultpyra:
7) Horde of Rex Mii fighters followed by Galleom

Last edited:

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
2 as one

stage 1::ultbanjokazooie:
stage 2: :ulticeclimbers:
Stage 3: :ultrosalina:
stage 4: :ultduckhunt:
stage 5: :ultsheik::ultzelda:
stage 6: :ultpokemontrainer: (fine 3 or 4 i guess)

Boss: Master and Crazy Hand

Alternative:
I thought I was going to be in Smash!!!:

1) Rex Mii fighter
2) Rex Mii fighter with Nia brawler
3) Rex Mii fighter with :ultbyleth:
4) Rex Mii fighter with:ultshulk:
5) Rex Mii fighter with :ultpokemontrainer:
6) Rex Mii fighter with :ultpyra:
7) Horde of Rex Mii fighters followed by Galleom
Just curious - what is the theme of the second alternativ?
Ok Rex I get. Thought I like the idea that he is happily cheerleading his girlfriends on more then him beeing jealous about not beeing picked. But why the other chars?

Also was there a reason why that was put into spoilers?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We should probably keep in mind that a Classic mode path can only contain base game contents, and the challenger pack contents in question. So in the case of Pyra & Mythra, a mirror match can be done, but they can't fight any of the other DLC fighters.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
We should probably keep in mind that a Classic mode path can only contain base game contents, and the challenger pack contents in question. So in the case of Pyra & Mythra, a mirror match can be done, but they can't fight any of the other DLC fighters.
I know. I just put DLC characters in my routes for fun.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Just curious - what is the theme of the second alternativ?
Ok Rex I get. Thought I like the idea that he is happily cheerleading his girlfriends on more then him beeing jealous about not beeing picked. But why the other chars?

Also was there a reason why that was put into spoilers?
Was going for
Rex teaming up with other XC characters. Like he begged them to come help him when he couldn’t take Pyra alone. I know Rex wouldn’t act like that though. It’s meant as a joke that hopefully gave someone out there a chuckle so i put it as hidden. Admittedly didn’t put too much thought into it. :ultchrom: is supposed to be Zeke while :ultpokemontrainer: is supposed to be a stand in for 3 generic blades everything else is pretty straightforward.

Arthur97

Smash Master
So, what are the odds they fight Rathalos as a stand in for a unique enemy?

Arthur97

Smash Master
DK works too. But it still needs some boss. Unlike Shulk they really don't have as much beef with machines, Dracula doesn't really fit and so on. Otherwise it'll probably just be the Hands which fits with there being two of them at least.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
A Classic mode route for Pyra and Mythra? I'll do my best:

Power of the Aegis! (:ultswordfighter: Rex is a ally in all battles)

The first 3 battles represent fire, the last 3 represent light.
Round 1: :ultbowser:
Round 2: :ultincineroar:
Round 3: :ultfalcon:

Bonus Game
Round 4: :ultrob: (although R.O.B. has many fire based attacks, players controlled him via the flashes of a CRT television)
Round 5: :ultmarth:
Round 6: :ultpalutena:

Boss Round: Master Hand and Crazy Hand

Arthur97

Smash Master
R.O.B. is actually a really good choice for light. Not sure about Marth. Maybe Shulk instead?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
R.O.B. is actually a really good choice for light. Not sure about Marth. Maybe Shulk instead?
My reasoning behind Marth was because the first Fire Emblem game is subtitled "Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light".

Shulk could also work, maybe move Palutena to Round 5 and have Shulk in the last round.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Ah, a neat little reference then. Either could work. Though it's a bit close in theme to another one which was fire and "thunder".

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
DK works too. But it still needs some boss. Unlike Shulk they really don't have as much beef with machines, Dracula doesn't really fit and so on. Otherwise it'll probably just be the Hands which fits with there being two of them at least.
Considering the final boss of Xenoblade 2, I think Galleom would work fine.

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Considering the final boss of Xenoblade 2, I think Galleom would work fine.
Oh yes that was its name. I also think that will be the final boss condidering the route will focus pn story aspects. If its on some kind of duo/partner theme then unfortunately Master&Crazy Hand will come back.

Top Bottom