• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Predict a top tier and bottom tier!

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
Right now who's top tier that's been announced so far? my opinion I would give it to samus, that 3 frame fsmash lol

how about u guys? also i'd give Link bottom tier

Top tier= samus

bottom tier= link because of history.

Reznor

work in progress
Megaman because he can shoot metal blades in 8 directions

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
Megaman because he can shoot metal blades in 8 directions
You know on second thought, I can actually see megaman not really throwing it all that much, I can see it being really popular setting up a wall with it and then using megabuster to camp behind his metal blade.

Knock opponent off, then metal blade near ledge so that if they roll or get up from ledge they will hit the metal blade, while megaman is sitting there using mid distance attacks. Similar to how diddykong did a banana and peanut shot game

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
S Tier:
Wii U Fit Trainer
MegaMan

A Tier:
Olimar
Fox
Bowser

B:
Pit
Villager
Mario
Donkey Kong

Bottom:
Kirby
Pikachu
Samus
Link

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Well this is just from seeing what has been posted. Not much information has been seen from the bottom tier. So that's why I put them there. I took on information from previous Smash games.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
MegaMan's speed and damage look quite OP atm so I'd say he's in for top tier, that flame sword looks better than Marth's F-air :O

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
MegaMan's speed and damage look quite OP atm so I'd say he's in for top tier, that flame sword looks better than Marth's F-air :O
yea, ppl might be confused about which to use first between megamans flame sword and his metal claw attack "both air attacks" it would seem you'd want to use the flame sword at higher percents because the knock back and hit stun isn't that great at all. It might have good range but if you watch the trailer again or sakurai using him, it's not that much hit stun at lower percents

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
The flame sword is a really good spacing move. Can constantly use it if within range. If far enough away, using the metal blade is a good option. He has lots of space game, its hard to approach him.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
The flame sword is a really good spacing move. Can constantly use it if within range. If far enough away, using the metal blade is a good option. He has lots of space game, its hard to approach him.
not if your samus, she has zair that will give megaman a hard time spacing correctly.

Renegade TX2000

Smash Ace
More information is still needed to be seen. =( Not many moves have been revealed for Samus yet.
That Fsmash! that 3 frame freakin fsmash. I'm still stoked about that, also i can see megaman being one of the hardest characters in the game to juggle because of that spike. If you commit to megaman and he spikes you, you will have to tech the ground and megaman will be able to follow up with any attack. My main problem with megaman is that his lack of kill moves. His charged up blaster? that's predictable unless he can hold it, and even then it's predictable. also i see megaman being spiked like crazy by samus.

Honestly I think Megaman is the new brawl samus of "Kill Power potential" but can gimp the hell out of you with all his tools.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Given how sucky Link's recovery looked, I'm guessing he'll be bottom tier again.

If Pikachu is anything like his Brawl version, he'll probably be higher ranked.

I'm guessing Wii Fit Trainer will be a higher rank, as will Bowser given his buffs and changes.

Parasol

Smash Cadet
I'm not too sure why, but I expect Samus to be much higher in tournament rankings this time around. From what we've seen so far, she appears much quicker and more powerful. That improvement paired with her existing zoning and harass utility, not to mention the possibility of accessing her ZSS form in the same match, makes me think she'll be getting some more recognition.

Wii Fit Trainer seems to have some pretty good range in her aerials, judging from the Miiverse pictures. Villager and Megaman both having aerial projectiles is also something worthy to mention.
Only safe bet that I can make is that Link will remain low tier. That ***** never gets any love, and he still seems slow from the trailer.

EDIT: I didn't see that you basically said the same thing OP. Whoopsie.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
wii fit trainer is up there on alot of peoples minds. My opinion? Wii fit trainer is probably no better than ZSS, probably worse.

From the videos - she is super quick and agile. Low recovery on her attacks (almost as low as Meta's in Brawl). Her hitboxes for most of her attacks are both in front and behind her. Mostly this is from her smash and aerial attacks. She also has a projectile....she's nothing like ZSS. ZSS is purely based around stuns. ZSS also does not have huge hitboxes.

I think you are just saying that because they are both girls and have a similar model. =P Look at the semantics.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Link: At BEST, I can only see Link as bottom low tier (better than bottom bottom tier...)
Samus: Looking like she can do what she couldn't do before which is good. Probably mid-high tier.
Mario: Forever damned to be mid tier
Kirby: Seems relatively unchanged from Brawl. Really, the physics of the game are going to affect Kirby's placement a lot. Kirby does great in Brawl physics, but could have more trouble with Melee-like gameplay.
Pikachu: I haven't seen enough to say anything productive.
DK: Probably low/mid tier.
Boozer: Looks like the Dedede of 4; heavy, but fast and strong. However, he's still a big target, and his recovery might be untouched, which can greatly hinder his potential for high tier.
Pat: Not sure yet, I'm going to need to see his other changed moves to come to a conclusion.
Megaman: Looking good so far. Kinda feels like a heavier Toon Link with much better spacing options.
Wii Fit Trainer: Looks like Zero Suit Samus without the paralyzer. Should do well, but might have problems against projectiles.
Olimar: crap without Pikmin.
Pikmin and Olimar: If they are nerfed to just 3, then Olimar loses a lot of spacing potential, and will need to go up close for damage, so he doesn't put valuable pikmin in danger. Still too close to call, imo.
Villager: Two words: Stage. Control. No one will be safe on a ledge, and the slingshot looks great for gimping from a distance. Still iffy, though.

Just my two bells.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Ignorant list incoming, in descending order:

Top:
  • Olimar (Assuming few changes)
  • Samus
  • Villager (Tree camp, hogger, digs)
  • Pit
  • Fox
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Pikachu
Bottom:
  • Mega Man (I've seen little apparent ground power and defense, and he's no Jigglypuff.)
  • Mario
  • Link
  • Kirby ;[
  • Bowser (Largest target yet. Speed beneficial but don't know about recovery and kill power)
  • Donkey Kong (Unless you can't escape from his grab now! From what I know, little change.)

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
Fox will be near the top as always, Link will be a bottom feeder, and Wii Fit trainer will be upper-top tier.

No idea where Megaman will be though.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Top: Wii Fit Trainer, Fox, Olimar (3 Pikmin doesn't seem like that big of a nerf),
High-Mid: Megaman, Villager
Mid: DK, Kirby, Bowser (seems much more mobile and viable), Pikachu, Pit (Unsure until I see more new moves)
Low-Mid: Samus, Mario
Bottom: Link

Btw Tiers R 4 Q#%!?s ! :p

D

Deleted member

Link will be low tier, because they're too lazy to buff him.

Morbi

Scavenger
Top Tier: Olimar, Fox
Bottom Tier: Link/Samus

Reason: History repeats itself.

It would be pretty hilarious if the tier list flipped for this next game. All bottom characters become top characters and vice versa. It would be pretty funny.

D

Deleted member

Top Tier: Olimar, Fox
Bottom Tier: Link/Samus

Reason: History repeats itself.

It would be pretty hilarious if the tier list flipped for this next game. All bottom characters become top characters and vice versa. It would be pretty funny.
I can just see Link being S Tier and so on, it would be fantastic lol.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Why do we think Samus will hit in three frames with fsmash? That's as fast as most jabs; it didn't look like that visually with what we saw, but I didn't do frame by frame video analysis. Either way, those sorts of balance things are probably works in progress. From basic character design and history, I'd be most likely to call Samus for bottom tier honestly; she's kinda doomed to suck and just happened to luck out and be "average" in Melee when almost everything in the game was going in her favor and any better designed character with her "luck" would have been top tier. Link has powerful gameplay but has always been too easy to kill with his "can't jump" in 64 and Brawl and "easiest character to combo ever" in Melee; give him a game with none of that being true, and he'll probably seem a lot better.

As per my actual top tier guess, I'm going with Mega Man. That character just has too much going for him right now; I don't even understand how most of the cast is supposed to deal with Leaf Shield in theory let alone his plethora of other amazing looking moves and seemingly strong mobility that could make him way too good at the "run away and rack damage with projectiles" game.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Fox would have been high tier at worst if not for three broken infinites in brawl. Assuming they fix that, from the very limited videos of him so far, he should be good.

Really can't draw a bead on megaman. My main curiosity is how they're using leaf shield.. From what I've seen it looks like it does low damage, but absorbs attacks and projectiles like crazy, which could turn him into a very good anti-camp character...
His current dsmash does tons of damage. The lack of a kill move is a concern, but with the tools he has, I wouldn't be surprised with high tier at all.

Villager is an oddball. No way for me to predict that.

WFT is possibly really good, but idk about range or power.

Pit should be great

Samus is looking really good yeah

Link...sigh idk. I really liked how he was in Melee (definition of mid tier), so I just hope he goes back to that.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Villager is a very gimmicky character, and gimmicky characters like Olimar, Snake and Diddy Kong usually end up in high tier, but are pretty hard to master too, I have a gut feeling that Villager is that kind of a character.

As for poor Link, he looks to be scrapping the bottom again. Hopefully his fellow LoZ characters will get some buffs, so that it won't be The Legend of the Bottom Tiers again.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
If toon link does not come back, im pretty sure link will be mid tier, if toon link is back, well link is doomed

XquiZiTX8X

Smash Cadet
If toon link does not come back, im pretty sure link will be mid tier, if toon link is back, well link is doomed

Toon Link appearing as nothing more than a background character on that 3DS stage pretty much sealed his fate. He's not returning. I'm actually pretty confident that Link will be much better off in SSB4. There's no proof of that, but I just kind of have that feeling that he's long overdue for a buff and they'll take notice. Hopefully they'll use Melee link as a template and work from there.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Toon Link appearing as nothing more than a background character on that 3DS stage pretty much sealed his fate. He's not returning.
WW Link and ST Link are 2 different Links. ST Link of the ST stage doesn't prove the TL isn't returning as WW Link is a totally different Link and WW is getting a remake. :/

Olimar will probably be top tier, if they got rid of the inffinities on Fox he should to, and it looks like Villager might be top tier to.

Mega Man and WFT look like they might be high tier. Pika will probably end up in high tier also most likely.

Bowser seems like he might be upper mid tier this time around.

Mario, Kirby, Pit, and possibly Samus seem like they are going to be mid tier.

Link and DK look like they might be low tier.

Mind Ranger

Smash Apprentice
I will give 4 tiers predictions
Top- Mega Man
High Mid- Villager, Wii fit
Bottom- Link

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
One thing I noticed about the tier list of all 3 games is that the top character is either:

1.Pikachu
2.Someone around the same weight class as Pikachu

so due to this, I'm gonna take a guess and say one of those 2.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
you guys sure love predicting tier lists before we know much about the game
however, it is written: Link shall always be bottom tier

Top Bottom