• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre Pound 4 Crew Battle Plans(Melee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I figured that this is a good time to post this now since most of you are home for the holidays so....

First let me explain the situation.

As we all know, Pound 4 is less than 2 months away and if I'm not mistaken they are also having a regional crew battle at some point during that weekend. I've asked around for information regarding the South's input on this event and so far I have not heard a satisfying response. If there are already plans in the works with the rest of the south(Darkrain, etc) then that is great. If not, this thread will be used to nominate the best players in the South to participate and represent the south at Pound 4. I want to pass the expertise and brilliant tactics of EC's Captain, Wife back from FC3 to you guys so let me know what the deal is. Once we Figure out all the candidates and our Captain We'll create a private forum to discuss the rest of the strats etc.

Let me know asap =D

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Can anybody be in crews or is this strictly for the real good players, because it'd be nice for players to represent their region regardless of how good they are. And you never know...some of us "scrubs" might surprise you. ;)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'll be captain.

I'm a pretty good player, too; through there are definately better.

Anyone know who Chops is playing for? And are you going, Mikey?

I'm going and I called chops about 20 mins ago. He said he's down to rep his homeland anytime.

I have no problem with you being the captain and iirc you were captain of the FL team vs GA at Smash Aid?

Also I'm not trying to nominate myself as captain, but I'd like to advice when necessary. :)

Can anybody be in crews or is this strictly who everyone knows is good?
If we want to be successful and dominate the rest of the World we must hand pick our finest players.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'd also live to nominate Spaceballs and Xif...A samus and peach are always good to have near by :)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i had xif on my list until you said chops was playing for the south

but maybe ditch chaddd for xif cuz linguini should be on no matter what and we don't need 2 ganons

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
i had xif on my list until you said chops was playing for the south

but maybe ditch chaddd for xif cuz linguini should be on no matter what and we don't need 2 ganons
We can have both ganons. That's what alternatives are for. Watch the FC crew battles for more info on that if you don't remember =D

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I don't know and this is for Melee. :mad:

I'd also like to have input from other nominees as well :)

I see you Lurkin, PP lol!

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I figured that this is a good time to post this now since most of you are home for the holidays so....

First let me explain the situation.

As we all know, Pound 4 is less than 2 months away and if I'm not mistaken they are also having a regional crew battle at some point during that weekend. I've asked around for information regarding the South's input on this event and so far I have not heard a satisfying response. If there are already plans in the works with the rest of the south(Darkrain, etc) then that is great. If not, this thread will be used to nominate the best players in the South to participate and represent the south at Pound 4. I want to pass the expertise and brilliant tactics of EC's Captain, Wife back from FC3 to you guys so let me know what the deal is. Once we Figure out all the candidates and our Captain We'll create a private forum to discuss the rest of the strats etc.

Let me know asap =D
I don't see "Melee crew battles" in the topic title or post. Just "crew battles." =P

:069:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
polter i dont even think brawl is doing crews at this but it would be really cool.

for brawl crews i guess

florida's top 6
kismet
biglou
me

:)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I think I saw it on their schedule.

However, now that this is only for Melee, I suppose I have no place in this topic. I bid you adieu.

:069:

Life After Death

Smash Champion
im down i like the souths skilsl better than the rest of the nation anyway. umm doint ditch chaddd for xif cuz i dont think xif is going to pound4.... if he does then iono i guess addd in xif but.

2 ganon has nothgn to do with the list its all about how good players are not the character if the top 10 are falcon players then the everybody in the crew will have to be the best players so u cant just disregard how good they are cuz of characters

Handorin

Smash Hero
As far as Midsouth, this is probably the order I would put them on:
Chad/Nes Noob
Iori
Spaceballs
Moogle

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
i can't believe out of all the people mentioned, there isn't ONE Roy player! **** all that!!
>_____________________>

anyway, I'd also like Dmac(since Darkrain is busy atm) and PP's opinions plz

And chops is right but we still need some diversity. And not Roy, sorry Marty LOL

And Nes Noob's opinions

EDIT: and Rockcrok's opinion, stop sandbaggin LOL

GA Peach

Smash Lord
As far as Midsouth, this is probably the order I would put them on:
Chad/Nes Noob
Iori
Spaceballs
Moogle
i would put Iori before Chad or Nes Noob strictly based on his versatility of character selection, if he still plays the 896348964893 characters he played before. that's just my opinion.

>_____________________>

anyway, I'd also like Dmac(since Darkrain is busy atm) and PP's opinions plz

And chops is right but we still need some diversity. And not Roy, sorry Marty LOL

And Nes Noob's opinions
man, whatever. this crew's gonna be extra wack.

j00t

Smash Champion
What states are included in the South? FL, GA, AL, MS, TN, NC, SC, and...? I thought Darkrain was midwest.

Handorin

Smash Hero
i would put Iori before Chad or Nes Noob strictly based on his versatility of character selection, if he still plays the 896348964893 characters he played before. that's just my opinion.

man, whatever. this crew's gonna be extra wack.
I feel Chad is a better player than Iori, even if Iori can play all the characters well. Most of the characters would just be a waste to put on the roster, and any character that isn't a waste is covered by a better (player) option.

What states are included in the South? FL, GA, AL, MS, TN, NC, SC, and...? I thought Darkrain was midwest.
Darkrain moved to TX recently. South crew consists of Atl South and Southwest.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
does western southwest count too? like arizona and new mex?

idk if any of them are good enough to get on (wobbles and axe are both arizona and both good but idk if they're better then any of these 9)

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think it's rather odd how they divide it, but I think AZ is actually part of west coast... I could be entirely wrong though. I don't even know where some states like Utah and Idaho go.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
PP
Hbox
Lozr
Shiz
Chaddd
Chops
Linguini
Col Bol
Darkrain
This pretty much sums it up, but...

Add Spaceballs, XIF, NES n00b, Chad(pika version), and Iori as either alts or main crew. I also think Chaddd should be dropped to an alt.

*Edit* Snaps, I forgot about Rockcrock. He's pretty beast, so add him (if he's still considered south).

j00t

Smash Champion
This pretty much sums it up, but...

Add Spaceballs, XIF, NES n00b, Chad(pika version), and Iori as either alts or main crew. I also think Chaddd should be dropped to an alt.

*Edit* Snaps, I forgot about Rockcrock. He's pretty beast, so add him (if he's still considered south).

Someone is super biased towards AR/TN/MS. :p

BBQ°

Smash Champion
1. Chaddd - Ganon
2. Hbox - Jiggs
3. Col Bol- Fox
4. Shiz - Falco
5. Chops - Falco
6. PP - Falco
7. Lozr? - Fox
8. Darkrain - Captain Falcon
9. Ihavespaceballs - Samus
10. Rockcrock or Linguini - Ganon (whoevever is better in crews idk)

alts (are they going?)-
Lozr?
XIF?
QDVS?
Iori?
Soft?
Nes noob?

If XIF is going, I would definitely have him on the crew.

~~~~~~
explanations/reasons

Chaddd - ***** other ganons, marths, and samus(?)
Hbox - one of the best players in the nation. space animal raper
Col Bol - Probably has the best Fox in the nation if he doesn't choke(?)
DaShizWiz - Can take out a major threat on the other crew. One of the best falcos
Chops - his style of falco beats M2k, right? We can use chops against him so M2k won't take away all our stocks :p
PP - a *very* solid player. He gets exponentially better after each tourney so he will be sooo **** by Pound 4
Lozr - another very good fox player. I would switch him out with XIF if he is able to go, however.
Darkrain - ****
Ihavespaceballs - one of the smartest players and uses samus
Rockcrock/Linguini - **** players and I heard they're good at crews. they also use ganon

tldr: they ****

shalom

Smash Journeyman
Shiz - falco/fox
colbol - fox
PP - falco
Hbox - puff
Chops - falco
Linguini - ganon
Xelic - peach
Darkrain - falcon
L0ZR - fox
Rockcrock/Chaddd/XIF as alternates or replace any of them for LOZR if you want

But regardless of who you choose for that last spot the South definitely has a ****ing ridiculous team lol

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i think lozr beat chaddd and xif at a recent NC tourney they were both at. i know pp got 1st and lozr got 2nd at least, TO never uploaded the bracket so I'm not positive but I think lozr beat them both. He had to of beaten at least one of them at least @.@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom