• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pranks For The Memories - Luan Loud Support Thread

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
LuanLoud.png

Who is Luan Loud?

Luan is a main character in the popular Nickelodeon TV series The Loud House, first premiering in 2016. Luan was the fourth of 11 children born into the titular family, and is known for her love of comedy, jokes, and pranks. Although she takes her love of pranking too far on April Fool's Day, much to the displeasure of her family.

How will Luan fight?

Luan's moveset would mostly consist of novelty prank items, including classics like the joy buzzer, whoopie cushion, and the pie to the face. There could also be some attacks based on the various pranks that she pulls in the April Fool's Day episodes, and of course you got to throw in her trademark ventriloquist dummy Mr. Coconuts in there somewhere.

What are Luan's chances?

Luan's chances are OK. The Loud House is about to enter its seventh season on the air, and a third movie has been hinted at. While Loud House characters typically aren't rated heavily by the fanbase, that can change, although Luan is talked about very well in that regard, mostly due to her moveset potential. So yeah, Luan has a pretty good shot at getting in if TLH gets a third rep.

Supporters

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
All go ahead and quote some posts I made a while back.

So, I had what I think is a pretty neat idea for a general mechanic in a moveset for Luan Loud, the comedy sister from Loud House. My familiarity with Loud House is very passing, so I'd love to hear feedback from Loud House fans in the thread, as well as anyone else.

Many if not all of Luan's attacks would be multi-hit moves that are split into 2 components: "Slapstick" (Physical) and "Stand-Up" (vocal). The physical and vocal hits could have different knockback, launch angles, etc. for each move, and could generally be distinguished by separate particle/slash effects.

The twist is that, by using a down special, Luan can deploy her ventrilloquist's dummy to hover at any position. With her dummy deployed, the Stand-Up component of the attacks appear relative to the dummy rather than Luan herself. This offers an interesting trade-off; in exchange for being able to use normal attacks remotely Luan becomes more vulnerable at close range as her attacks now are effectively less active and cover less space.
That's a good point. One thing to consider is that Luan doesn't get the stand-up component on both her own moves and on the dummy, it's either/or. If Mr. Coconuts is out, the stand-up hits fully transfer to him and she loses them at melee range.

Even still, balance would naturally be a big concern. Having the dummy have a limited active period and/or puttingly a significant cooldown on changing his position would be options for balancing the mechanic.

Top Bottom