• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Praise the Sun! - Solaire of Astora for Smash Switch

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Ornstein and Smough and Sif would make interesting assis trophies.... oh... and Priscilla as a boss!

with all the fluff they are throwing to bosses, how would you feel if in the base game we didn't get a Character but a boss? (After all there is plenty to chose from.

in other news... anyone have some news regarding Dark Souls switch release date?

Serialkillerwhale

Smash Cadet
Imagine actually having to fight Toejam and Earl in Solaire's stage. While those goddamned archers are spamming greatarrows at you.

Anor Londo isn't an arena. It's a slaughterhouse. The map would have high walls on either side, and two ruined pillars to use as cover. Silver Knights spam their damned arrows at you from the background, while Ornstein and Smough occasionally come in and make things worse.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ornstein and Smough and Sif would make interesting assis trophies.... oh... and Priscilla as a boss!

with all the fluff they are throwing to bosses, how would you feel if in the base game we didn't get a Character but a boss? (After all there is plenty to chose from.

in other news... anyone have some news regarding Dark Souls switch release date?
Noo, don't give people more reasons to beat poor Priscilla. She had enough ;-; In fact, what about Ornstein and Smough being bosses, since the stage is likely to be Anor Londo? Make them super hard and obnoxious. Put a few Black Knight Archers like Serialkillerwhale mentioned, plus a few red phantoms from the Gravelord covenant and then you have a good representation of what Dark Souls is a bout.

(Just kidding, of course; People heavily exaggerate the difficulty of the series)

Reila

There is a Dark Souls Remastered demo in the Nintendo Switch eShop, if anyone is interested in trying it out.

Any questions about the game, I'd be glad to help. Unfortunately, I can't give the demo a try because you need the online subscription thing and I don't have it yet, but I have played it enough for the past few years.

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Solaire is definitively a dark (heh) horse contender.

Reila

He is definitely a very unlikely addition. When I made this thread, I already thought he was a very unlikely yet cool possible addition to the roster, but after they made it clear that Smash Ultimate is very focused on fan favorites, I am very skeptical about Solaire.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Yeah, i doubt that Dark souls content will make it in any way or form into teh base game... but i'm hopeful that if Dark souls switch is as succesful as crash bandicot switch a shot at DLC isn't too out of teh question methinks...

Still, with the Steve rumours, i wonder if Chosen Undead won't be chosen (heh) instead? if that was teh case, Solaire would be a lock for AT DX... would you guys be bummed if that was the case? (I'm personally would be super hype with any darksouls content in teh game... and both chosen undead and Solaire ould be super hype)

The only reason the idea of chose undead doesn't convince me probably is due to it's name being more contrived than "villager"..

And thinking it better, definitely Ornstein and Smough are the best choice for boss... is probably the more iconic Boss duo in Darksouls

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Yeah, i doubt that Dark souls content will make it in any way or form into teh base game... but i'm hopeful that if Dark souls switch is as succesful as crash bandicot switch a shot at DLC isn't too out of teh question methinks...

Still, with the Steve rumours, i wonder if Chosen Undead won't be chosen (heh) instead? if that was teh case, Solaire would be a lock for AT DX... would you guys be bummed if that was the case? (I'm personally would be super hype with any darksouls content in teh game... and both chosen undead and Solaire ould be super hype)

The only reason the idea of chose undead doesn't convince me probably is due to it's name being more contrived than "villager"..

And thinking it better, definitely Ornstein and Smough are the best choice for boss... is probably the more iconic Boss duo in Darksouls
They could also pull a Richter and make Solaire the Chosen Undead's echo fighter.

Reila

I would be bummed if the Chosen Undead was chosen. Solaire is more interesting because of his charisma, and because he would be pretty much the first paladin kind of fighter in the game. Also, it would be kind of lame to have the Chosen Undead being represented, while the Bearer of the Curse and Ashen One stay behind, left to rot, in the shadows. That being said, it would be Dark Souls content in Smash regardless, and that would be hype.

Edit: Unless the Bearer and Ashen One are pseudo-echo fighters, more like costumes, you know? With the name changing. That would be cool. Give the Bearer of the Curse the Forlorn Set (from the Scholar of the First sin box art) and the Firelink Set to the Ashen One (from the Dark Souls 3 box art).
And it would fit perfectly with the Anor Londo stage.

They could also make Gwyndolin and maybe the Darkmoon Knightess and Knight Lautrec appear as hazards (like the monsters in Dracula's Castle).

Last edited:

StingHobbes

Smash Rookie
With Sakurai's latest tweets confirming that Ultimate's DLC line-ups have already been picked (by Nintendo), it made me wonder how much of a chance Solaire has to get in. I think we all kinda knew he wouldn't get into base game, so here's hoping for him being part of the DLC.

Personally, I think this actually gives him a better shot at getting in as DLC, and I've got a couple reasons why.

1.) As we all know, Dark Souls 1 just released on Switch, so it'd be a great tie-in to boost sales
2.) There's been some rumors that Dark Souls 2 is now being developed for the Switch (I'll link the article), which would also be a great way to boost sales.
3.) Since the DLC has been chosen by Nintendo, it's less likely fan-favorites will be picked and the characters that are picked might be based around advertising for recent and upcoming games.
4.) Square Enix is heavily rumored to get another character, leaving Bandai Namco the last 3rd party company to only have one rep in Smash (PAC-MAN). If they were to get another one, Solaire might be in that pool of potential Bamco picks... Yeah, this reason isn't the best and it follows a pattern (and we all know by now that there really aren't any patterns in Smash), but I thought I'd throw it in there anyway.

I'm probably being a little too optimistic, but there's still a chance I suppose. There's most likely better picks for another Bamco character (a Tekken character, maybe Lloyd Irving? etc.), but I think Dark Souls has gotten very popular these past few years and has built itself a bit of a legacy. Anyone agree or disagree?

Whether Solaire gets in the game or not, I'm super satisfied with the roster, I can't complain one bit.

(Here's the Dark Souls 2 Switch rumour)

Serialkillerwhale

Smash Cadet
Colours weave into a spire of flame,
Distant sparks call to a past still unnamed,
Bear this torch against the cold of the night,
Search your soul and reawaken the undying light.

If that ain't a call to arms for Solaire, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
With Sakurai's latest tweets confirming that Ultimate's DLC line-ups have already been picked (by Nintendo), it made me wonder how much of a chance Solaire has to get in. I think we all kinda knew he wouldn't get into base game, so here's hoping for him being part of the DLC.

Personally, I think this actually gives him a better shot at getting in as DLC, and I've got a couple reasons why.

1.) As we all know, Dark Souls 1 just released on Switch, so it'd be a great tie-in to boost sales
2.) There's been some rumors that Dark Souls 2 is now being developed for the Switch (I'll link the article), which would also be a great way to boost sales.
3.) Since the DLC has been chosen by Nintendo, it's less likely fan-favorites will be picked and the characters that are picked might be based around advertising for recent and upcoming games.
4.) Square Enix is heavily rumored to get another character, leaving Bandai Namco the last 3rd party company to only have one rep in Smash (PAC-MAN). If they were to get another one, Solaire might be in that pool of potential Bamco picks... Yeah, this reason isn't the best and it follows a pattern (and we all know by now that there really aren't any patterns in Smash), but I thought I'd throw it in there anyway.

I'm probably being a little too optimistic, but there's still a chance I suppose. There's most likely better picks for another Bamco character (a Tekken character, maybe Lloyd Irving? etc.), but I think Dark Souls has gotten very popular these past few years and has built itself a bit of a legacy. Anyone agree or disagree?

Whether Solaire gets in the game or not, I'm super satisfied with the roster, I can't complain one bit.

(Here's the Dark Souls 2 Switch rumour)
This news surprisingly does lean into Solaire's favor. Nintendo could be going into a full "promotion only" DLC season, could work out for our sunbro. I feel his only real competition in terms of being the next Bamco rep is Heihachi, as he was meant for Smash 4 but just never happened. Also I wouldn't put much bank in that DS2 leak, given that it's be leakypandy who has one of the rockiest track records I've ever seen.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
well.. dark souls doesn't seem to have done too shabby on the switch... it still 4th top seller last time i checked, and was beaten by mario party and smash.

Honestly i wouldn't mind promotion DLC, focusing on new IPs (at least new to smash) and if nintendo picked the dlc fighters.... I ironically think that boost waluigi chances to be the final "crowd pleaser" I don't think it would be a sakurai's move... but definetly would be a nintendo marketing team move.

Still, dark souls still would need to compete with crash, i feel they fill simillar niches.

Sora/DQ rep/SE character
Steve
Crash
Darksouls rep
Waluigi

would be a pretty sweet roster imo. still, there is a chance of Katalina/Dragalia Lost rep (i would be ok as long as is not the protagonist DX) though...

Add maybe a bethesda rep, an ubisoft rep, or elma to the mix and we may be looking to the all the elegible options.

Edit: forgot to mention another Namco Rep... Heihachi and Loyd are the only 2 names that seems to carry some weight though (and maybe nightmare)

Last edited:

StingHobbes

Smash Rookie
well.. dark souls doesn't seem to have done too shabby on the switch... it still 4th top seller last time i checked, and was beaten by mario party and smash.

Honestly i wouldn't mind promotion DLC, focusing on new IPs (at least new to smash) and if nintendo picked the dlc fighters.... I ironically think that boost waluigi chances to be the final "crowd pleaser" I don't think it would be a sakurai's move... but definetly would be a nintendo marketing team move.

Still, dark souls still would need to compete with crash, i feel they fill simillar niches.

Sora/DQ rep/SE character
Steve
Crash
Darksouls rep
Waluigi

would be a pretty sweet roster imo. still, there is a chance of Katalina/Dragalia Lost rep (i would be ok as long as is not the protagonist DX) though...

Add maybe a bethesda rep, an ubisoft rep, or elma to the mix and we may be looking to the all the elegible options.
I could get on board with this. I'm not exactly a Waluigi fan, but he's definitely a crowd pleaser, and you're right that'd be a Nintendo decision. And as for third parties, I think any major company are gonna have to fight to get one of the slots (other than SE, seems like they've already got a character coming). It's exciting to think that companies like Bethesda and Microsoft might make an appearance for this DLC batch. From Solaire, to Crash Bandicoot, to Doomguy, etc. it's crazy to think any one of these characters will be in.

If I were to make my own list, I think it'd be
1.) Square Enix Character (Sora, Geno, Dragonquest character)
2.) Microsoft Character (I'd prefer Banjo or Master Chief, but there's lots of rumors about Minecraft content... maybe Minecraft will get a stage?)
3.) Random Third Party (Solaire, Doomguy, Rayman, Crash, etc. I'd bet this will be the "big" DLC character like Cloud was)
4.) Promotional Nintendo Character (Gen 8 Pokemon, Dragalia Lost character, new Fire Emblem character, King Boo from Luigi's Mansion 3 please)
5.) Nintendo Fan-Favorite character (Waluigi, Bandana Waddle Dee, I'd even throw Geno in here too, despite being SE)

I think the DLC is actually gonna be pretty exciting with all these great potential picks coming. There's not a single character that I'm 100% sure will be in, which makes it so fun to speculate. While there's a couple ones that kinda scare me (Steve or a mobile game rep), I'd like to believe these 5 characters are going to be groundbreaking. Seeing Solaire with all these gaming mascots would be so cool.

Zeldacenter

Smash Rookie
Alrighty guys I might be late to the party, but damn I’m ready to support solaire in ultimate. I think he has a chance at being a DLC character now more than ever because of 2 things. 1) Joker is going to be DLC. Joker getting in proves that Nintendo will bring in weird obscure-like characters. He probably isn’t extremely obscure, but I don’t know how relevant persona 5 is right now and I personally don’t know anything about joker as a character. There are many people who don’t know who solaire is, but dark souls, especially ds1 is pretty popular within the switch community lately. 2) During an interview with Reggie after the game awards he said that Sakurai wants to bring in characters that will be completely unique to smash. If Sakurai intends to bring in characters from series that have no reps, Dark souls is a great place to look.

Last edited:

Reila

Yeah, Joker isn't all that known. If a Persona fighter were to come, my bet was Yu Narukami from Persona 4 instead since P4 is by far the most popular/well known Persona game, but I was proven wrong. I think a big reason Joker is being added is not that much for Persona's popularity (which matters, of course - but let's be real, Persona isn't THAT well known), but also because it is a good deal for both Nintendo and Sega/ATLUS. It brings Persona fans to Smash, and it gives more visibility for the Persona series.

So maybe the same could happen. Dark Souls is popular but once again it doesn't compare to a lot of series represented in Smash, not unlike Persona... But Solaire (or Chosen Undead) could be added for the popularity they have BUT also because it is good for Nintendo and Bandai Namco/From Software.

Honestly, I don't really have high hopes for Solaire or anyone really, but damn I would love if he was added. If only I could be so grossly incandescent in Smash.

Last edited:

Zeldacenter

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Joker isn't all that known. If a Persona fighter were to come, my bet was Yu Narukami from Persona 4 instead since P4 is by far the most popular/well known Persona game, but I was proven wrong. I think a big reason Joker is being added is not that much for Persona's popularity (which matters, of course - but let's be real, Persona isn't THAT well known), but also because it is a good deal for both Nintendo and Sega/ATLUS. It brings Persona fans to Smash, and it gives more visibility for the Persona series.

So maybe the same could happen. Dark Souls is popular but once again it doesn't compare to a lot of series represented in Smash, not unlike Persona... But Solaire (or Chosen Undead) could be added for the popularity they have BUT also because it is good for Nintendo and Bandai Namco/From Software.

Honestly, I don't really have high hopes for Solaire or anyone really, but damn I would love if he was added. If only I could be so grossly incandescent in Smash.
I feel like deep down I’m almost positive he won’t make it, but I just have this place in my heart where I truly believe he can do it and that alone would put smash ultimate at an equal spot with melee for me. I would main him, even if he sucked, but looking at ideas from this thread his moveset possibilities sound pretty great and versatile.

Reila

I feel like deep down I’m almost positive he won’t make it, but I just have this place in my heart where I truly believe he can do it and that alone would put smash ultimate at an equal spot with melee for me. I would main him, even if he sucked, but looking at ideas from this thread his moveset possibilities sound pretty great and versatile.
He can do it for sure! It is not out of the realm of possibilities, and let's not forget Solaire does have an amiibo, so there is that.

If DLCs are like in Smash 4, we might get more third party fighters so Joker might not be the only one. Let's just hope it is not another Capcom fighter :p Though I would love Jill from Resident Evil in Smash, but that is a matter for a different thread.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I do think that there are some good chances of we getting chosen undead instead, but I personally would be happy with either ... I feel in a similar way with watch I felt with joker, not expecting it, but not completely out of the question

Reila

We will get Siegmeyer as the Dark Souls rep instead :) Or Patches. Patches is already quite used to kicking people into pits anyways.

Last edited:

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I think Dark Souls is the single best game series of this decade, so I would be too happy to see Solaire. We need to see Dark Souls x Smash for the beautiful roll-spam if nothing else.

Reila

yeah like what you do after you kill a casual you point down as you do here https://giphy.com/gifs/request-point-dev-YU7BMFeVuogPqWBvzG It's super BM and I did it all the time in DS3 and DS1 pvp
I see. I don't think it fits Solaire's personality much but it would be an interesting nod to PVP, which is a popular side of the series.
Honestly, I think Dark Souls is the single best game series of this decade, so I would be too happy to see Solaire. We need to see Dark Souls x Smash for the beautiful roll-spam if nothing else.
It would be funny if Solaire was a fighter where roll spamming was actually the most effective way to play. Just like in the Souls series where rolling is easily better than shielding.

Serialkillerwhale

Smash Cadet
In essence, there are three popular emotes, or rather "gestures" in Dark Souls.

Bow/DuelBow at the beginning of duels and after them for respectable players.

Praise the Sun/That Y Pose thing, used by co-op players and anyone else who's a bro.

And Point down, the "Imma kill ya" emote for griefers or BM.

Other than that, there's the "HELLO" rock and a few other notable emotes that are generally less popular clones of those above. Or "Well, what is it" which is a walking forward T-pose and can only be done by the immortal patriarch of the giants.

Reila

The "I am sorry" rock thingy is amazing.

Serialkillerwhale

Smash Cadet
Imagine if it were an item?

Y'know that should be an item type that actually drops. "Rocks". All they're good for is throwing. Like the damage equivalent of the food items.

HELLO!

SORRY!

OVER HERE!

Reila

No "VERY GOOD", no buy.

Man, this kind of stuff is really missing in Smash. It is BM but it is also kinda friendly? Like dancing and emotes/sprays in League of Legends/Heroes of the Storm... The regular taunts are kinda bland, and people take them too seriously.

tuxxcat

Smash Rookie
I feel the need to post my own version of Solaire's possible moveset with the way other characters and guest characters have been designed previously in mind. Some of my picks and names for moves may resemble other posts here, only because they are self evident though. I will also put some notes at the end about assist trophies, items, stage, music, ect. This moveset only draws inspiration from the first Dark Souls, with a few exceptions, as that is the game Solaire is from and the only one on Switch currently.

Character Properties
Solaire would be a heavy character, probably somewhere between Link and Snake on the weight scale. His shield blocks projectiles exactly like Link's. Solaire has armor on his smash attacks and neutral special, paying homage to the poise mechanic in Dark Souls.

Normal Moves

Jab - Diagonal sword slashes resembling the standard 1h light attacks with the Longsword in Dark Souls. Can be looped infinitely and combo into themselves at low percent, not a rapid jab, one button press = one attack.

F Tilt - A stab resembling the 1h heavy attack with the Longsword in Dark Souls. An attack with decent knock back that KOs at high percent.

D Tilt - Solaire stabs from behind his shield in a crouch position, maintains projectile blocking property of his shield, trips at mid percent.

U Tilt - Upward sword slash resembling the 1h followup heavy attack with the Longsword in Dark Souls slightly modified to slash in an arc above him. Effective anti-air and juggle tool, hits in front of him and combos into itself at low percent.

F Smash
- Horizontal sword slashes resembling the 2h heavy attacks with the Longsword in Dark Souls. Has a first attack and optional followup attack exactly like the attack in Dark Souls and very similar to Links f smash though less powerful. Direction can be reversed between the first and second attack. Powerful bait punish and KO tool.

D Smash
- Not sure about this one. Probably just a slash in front of him from a crouch. Useful for catching people grabbing the ledge but otherwise not too noteworthy.

U Smash - Solaire thrusts his sword in the air and lightning swirls around him before meeting at his sword in an electrifying explosion. The lightning carries opponents at his sides up into the main attack. Solaire's slowest and most powerful attack.

Aerials

I'm not going to write detailed descriptions for his aerial attacks as there is very little to draw on from Dark Souls except that his down air MUST resemble the plunging attack from Dark Souls. Sorry I'm lazy. Good aerials are a must in the smash ultimate engine. His aerials ought to be decently powerful and good at juggling, that along with his upsmash should make being above Solaire a terrifying proposition.

Grabs

Pummel - A quick underhand punch resembling the left hand heavy attack when not holding a weapon in Dark Souls.

F Throw
- Solaire kicks the opponent away, vaguely resembling the basic kick from Dark Souls. Positional throw, will never KO.

B Throw
- Solaire positions the opponent behind him and bashes them with his shield, resembling the shield bash with a few shields from Dark Souls. Also a positional throw but does decent knockback and KOs at high percent near the ledge.

D Throw
- Solaire throws the opponent on the ground in front of him and spikes a lightning spear directly into them, resembling Lightning Stake, sending them diagonally forward for followups. Most damaging throw.

U Throw - An upward sword slash sends enemies directly upwards setting them up for juggles. KOs at very high percent.

Specials

Neutral Special
- Lightning Spear: Solaire charges a powerful bolt of lightning which can be saved or launched immediately. When a Lightnining Spear is fully charged Solaire will flash yellow and have a subtle lightning effect emanating from him. At full charge Lightning Spear stuns opponents briefly before launching them. A powerful KO and his second most damaging move.

Side Special
- Sunlight Blade: Solaire buffs his sword with holy lightning and dashing forward with a quick and devastating attack. This is NOT a lasting buff, as it is in Dark Souls, the buff animation is simply a lead in to the attack. Very similar to Ike's side special. Useful recovery tool and powerful attack though easily avoided.

Down Special
- Parry Riposte: Solaire raises his shield in front of him and flashes, any attacks that hit him will be deflected and if the opponent is in range he will stab them resembling the Longsword parry riposte from Dark Souls. The animation is sped up from how it is in Dark Souls and he is invincible during it. If done in the air; Solaire flips backward off the the opponent as he withdraws his sword from them [as the grounded animation wouldn't look good in the air].

{Side-note; I REALLY wanted to put Force here and have it be an attack that knocks back opponents and causes them to tumble as well as deflect projectiles while dealing no damage directly but parry is iconic in Dark Souls and similar to many attacks that are already in Smash.}

Up Special
- Homeward or Summoning Sign: Solaire quickly kneels and a circle of golden light appears around him as he teleports in any direction. This special deals no damage but he in invincible when he reappears, taking on his phantom appearance when summoned for a boss fight in Dark Souls to signal this.

Final Smash
- Sunlight Spear: Solaire calls upon the legendary power of Gwyn, Lord of Sunlight, to summon a very powerful bolt of pure sunlight which he throws in front of him, can pass through an infinite number of opponents and has huge knockback and damage.

Taunts

Side Taunt - Shrug: the Shrug emote from Dark Souls

Down Taunt - Prayer: the Prayer emote from Dark Souls

Up Taunt - Praise the Sun: the Praise the Sun emote from Dark Souls

Other Dark Souls Stuff

Stage
- Would probably be Anor Londo though I would like to see Firelink Shrine. Could also shift through many different areas like the FE stages.

Music -
Firelink Shrine, if freaking The Roost can be in smash so can this.
Bell Gargoyles, a good rep for all the less memorable tracks from Dark Souls.
Ornstein & Smough, god I would LOVE to play smash to this song.
Great Grey Wolf Sif.
Knight Artorias.
Dark Sun Gwyndolin, plays in a rare night version of Anor Londo.
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder, and please don't butcher it like Midna's Lament.

Assist Trophies -

Knight Artorias: Fallen knight of Lord Gwyn, even after succumbing to the darkness he was sent to dispel and lossing his shield he is still a fearsome warrior. He has his dark sludge attack slowing fighters that are hit by it, his rushing stab, and his iconic flip attack, as well as basic slashes.

Basilisk: Bet you didn't expect that. Sprays mist onto the stage and petrifies any fighters who stay in it too long, encasing them in stone they must mash or be attacked out of.

Items -

Estus Flask: Heals your percent of course

Dark Wood Grain Ring:

Thoroland Talisman: Let me spam Wrath of the Gods in smash, please. I'm serious about this one.

But yeah that's all I can think of. Let me know what you think!

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Just a question for you guys here; would you rather see Solaire or Cursed Undead?

And I know Soulsborne isn't really canon, but consider the Bloodborne hunter also a part of that question.

Reila

Solaire is iconic, Chosen Undead isn't. If they go with the Chosen Undead, it will be solely because she/he is playable in Dark Souls and Solaire isn't. The one advantage of having the Chosen Undead is that she/he could have different armor sets for each alt skin.

However, if not Solaire, give us Soul of Cinder instead. Soul of Cinder would have a fantastic moveset, and they represent the Chosen Undead, the Bearer of the Curse and Gwyn himself (the Ashen One is left out, but meh). Also, the Soul of Cinder armor is 10/10 in terms of looks.

Bloodborne doesn't count because it is owned by Sony, not From Software, just like Demon's Souls. It is not impossible for a Sony property to be in Smash, but we would have Kratos long before the good hunter is even considered. Unlike Capcom, SEGA, etc - Sony produces hardware just like Nintendo, and they are direct competitors. A Sony fighter in Smash would be super cool but I do find it very unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

Serialkillerwhale

Smash Cadet
However, if not Solaire, give us Soul of Cinder instead. Soul of Cinder would have a fantastic moveset, and they represent the Chosen Undead, the Bearer of the Curse and Gwyn himself (the Ashen One is left out, but meh).
AND Solaire.

Reila

AND Solaire.
But Solaire is the Carthus Worm you fight in Dark Souls III :p

That depends on whether saving Solaire in Dark Souls (1) is cano... Actually, never mind. Time is convoluted. Everything happens and doesn't happen at the same time in this series lol. So yeah, in a way, Solaire is also part of Soul of Cinder.

If I recall correctly Miyazaki believes Solaire defeated Gwyn in his own world, and linked the fire, so in a way it is confirmed

Last edited:

Nothgard

Smash Cadet
Maybe knight of astora, i have a good feeling about dark souls in smash.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Solaire is iconic, Chosen Undead isn't. If they go with the Chosen Undead, it will be solely because she/he is playable in Dark Souls and Solaire isn't. The one advantage of having the Chosen Undead is that she/he could have different armor sets for each alt skin.

However, if not Solaire, give us Soul of Cinder instead. Soul of Cinder would have a fantastic moveset, and they represent the Chosen Undead, the Bearer of the Curse and Gwyn himself (the Ashen One is left out, but meh). Also, the Soul of Cinder armor is 10/10 in terms of looks.

Bloodborne doesn't count because it is owned by Sony, not From Software, just like Demon's Souls. It is not impossible for a Sony property to be in Smash, but we would have Kratos long before the good hunter is even considered. Unlike Capcom, SEGA, etc - Sony produces hardware just like Nintendo, and they are direct competitors. A Sony fighter in Smash would be super cool but I do find it very unlikely to happen.
I want to disgress though.. Solaire is more iconic that chosen undead, but i don't think chosen undead is not iconic... at least the "elite knight armor" one is pretty iconic, being in tons of fan media and being basically the posterboy.

Rizen

Smash Legend
What POed me about Solaire is you can't use Estus flasks when he's prattling on and on about his "sun".

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
add me to that support list

I'd kill to see any Soulsborne friends get in this game

Top Bottom