• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Praise the Sun! - Solaire of Astora for Smash Switch

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
"The way I see it, our fates appear to be intertwined.
In a land brimming with Hollows, could that really be mere chance?
So, what do you say? Why not help one another on this lonely journey?
"

"Oh, hello there. I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun.
The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father!
If only I could be so grossly incandescent!
"

- Solaire of Astora​

Hi. I am Reila. Some users here might remember me, but most probably don't. That is besides the point, though.

Honestly, I didn't expect to become part of Smash Switch speculation. The DLC for Smash 4 left a sour taste in my mouth, so I wanted to avoid disappointments this time. Yet, the inner Souls fangirl inside me just couldn't resist.

I will be the first to say this is a bit of a long shot, but unexpected newcomers were the norm in Smash 4, and the same might be true for Smash Switch, so it is not out of the realm of possibilities. With Dark Souls Remastered coming to the Switch and with a Solaire of Astore amiibo, on top of that, I wouldn't be surprise to see one of the most popular characters in the Souls series to join the Smash roster.

Granted, personally I would prefer the wonderful Knight Artorias to join, if a Souls character were to join, but Solaire is a great character, too. It is rare to find a Souls fan who doesn't appreciate him.

Well, introductions aside, I was thinking about what Solaire could have for a moveset. I might make some fancy artwork later, but for now, only names and descriptions.

On-Screen Appearance: Solaire appears in the screen similarly to how members of the Warriors of Sunlight covenant when summoned for helping players, doing the "Praise the Sun" pose. I will find or make a gif eventually.

Up Taunt: First Bump gesture.
Side Taunt: No Way gesture.
Down Taunt: Have Mercy gesture.

Neutral Special: Lightning Spear. — Solaire raises his hand and channels briefly, while a lighting bolt materializes on his hand. Then he throws it, of course. It is his most iconic miracle, as well as the most basic one, alongside Heal. A perfect fit for his moveset.

Side Special: There are a few options. For a more smash and tilts-oriented moveset, Solaire could have Darkmoon Blade as his side special. The ability would basically work as a buff to Solaire's sword attacks (which would likely be most of his normal moveset). Alternatively, he could have a more defensive side special with the Magic Barrier miracle, which as the name implies, reduces damage taken (only magic damage in Dark souls, though).

Up Special: Homeward. — The in-game description: "Transports you back to the last used bonfire." Sticking true to Solaire's preference for miracles, he could have a teleport as his recovery move. Since you can travel great distance through bonfire warping, his teleport could have more range than the existing ones, but with the drawback of having his landing position revealed to the opponent, as a bonfire would appear in the location. Perhaps? This also could be a neat reference to a certain boss from Dark Souls 3, but gosh, I can't even mention the name because SPOILERS. In this case, Solaire would teleport to the opponent's location (but that would be messy in non-1 vs 1 matches).

Down Special: Heal. —Solaire kneels, raises his Sunlight Talisman (an item used to channel miracles) and an aura appear around him, healing him for a %. If Solaire is above 150%, he uses Great Heal instead, healing for a higher % (OP?).

Final Smash: Wrath of the Gods — Solaire emits a shockwave around him, that inflicts damage and pushes nearby opponents away from him. The closer the opponent, the farther they are pushed.

I will come up with his normal moveset later. Please, have patience.

Alts: At least one with the Sunlight Maggot replacing his iconic helmet. The reasoning for that is a spoiler for those who haven't played Dark Souls, which I assume are the majority here. For now, at least.

Stage: Probably Anor Londo, since it is the most iconic area in the first Dark Souls. I feel like Firelink Shrine is also a possibility, or maybe even the Kiln of the First Flame (unlikely, I think).

For now, this is it. As I said twice or thrice, I will update this thread with more content. For now, remember to praise the sun.

Supporters:

Reila
YukimuraSanada
8-peacock-8
Kenith
TCT~Phantom
StingHobbes
Iko MattOrr ?
Nu~
SvartWolf
SEGAGameBoy
Serialkillerwhale
Hydra of Chaos
Draugen
Egroeg Sggirb

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
A Dark Souls character hm? Interesting. I've been getting into the Souls series and man have I've been missing out on alot.

Starting with Dark Souls 1. I'm barley past the beginning and I would ready call it my favorite game. Dark Souls is ******' awesome.

Edit: Forgot to send my support just as I made this post lol

Please add my support for Solaire. Would be down to seeing Dark Souls content in Smash

Last edited:

Reila

A Dark Souls character hm? Interesting. I've been getting into the Souls series and man have I've been missing out on alot.

Starting with Dark Souls 1. I'm barley past the beginning and I would ready call it my favorite game. Dark Souls is ******' awesome.

Edit: Forgot to send my support just as I made this post lol

Please add my support for Solaire. Would be down to seeing Dark Souls content in Smash
If you need any help, let me know. I have played the Souls games over and over again, except for Bloodborne, so I know a couple of things about the series.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yes please. I’m not a huge souls fan. But I do appreciate this character a lot and I feel that he’d probably be one of the few Souls characters that would fit in really well with Smash’s roster.

Reila

Yes please. I’m not a huge souls fan. But I do appreciate this character a lot and I feel that he’d probably be one of the few Souls characters that would fit in really well with Smash’s roster.
Thanks for the support and I agree. While Solaire's quest in Dark Souls can head a rather dark (no pun intended) direction, he still is one of the most lighthearted characters in the series, not to mention one of the most popular, so very fitting for representing the Souls series in Smash Bros (or any other crossover).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I personally would rather see Solaire get in before the Chosen Undead, being a specific character with an actual personality.
I think it's a legitimate possibility now.

Reila

I personally would rather see Solaire get in before the Chosen Undead, being a specific character with an actual personality.
I think it's a legitimate possibility now.
Should I add you the supporters list?

StingHobbes

Smash Rookie
I'm a huge supporter of Solaire for Smash! He's my number one pick tied with Snake. I actually made a moveset for the Chosen Undead on their character thread, although I don't know how well the moveset would translate to Solaire. Maybe you'd like me to post it here for comparison?

I do agree Solaire'd be better as the Dark Souls rep out of the two, as he's basically the mascot of Dark Souls now. He's recognizable and has a great personality. I think he has a pretty good shot!

Reila

I'm a huge supporter of Solaire for Smash! He's my number one pick tied with Snake. I actually made a moveset for the Chosen Undead on their character thread, although I don't know how well the moveset would translate to Solaire. Maybe you'd like me to post it here for comparison?

I do agree Solaire'd be better as the Dark Souls rep out of the two, as he's basically the mascot of Dark Souls now. He's recognizable and has a great personality. I think he has a pretty good shot!
Sure, go on. The moveset I am coming up with for Solaire isn't 100% faithful to the character (although at least the specials are all centered on miracles), because there isn't all that much he does in terms of combat in Dark Souls.

I think my idea for a Chosen Undead moveset would be something similar to the Soul of Cinder in Dark Souls III, with all that weapon and spell swapping. I haven't seen your moveset yet, so do post it if you feel like.

Well he's got Amiibo support already, so there's always a chance
Yes. If not by the amiibo, I wouldn't have made the thread. I still think it is a long shot, but Dark Souls Remastered on Switch and the Solaire amiibo... Who knows, it might happen.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I have absolutely no connection to this game.
But I wonder- do any other New Yorker's continue to read the name as "Astoria?" It really gives a different impression of the character every time I see him.

Honestly, I am a little over every game that's been on the switch being used as an argument that the character should be in Smash. I really hope third party characters are all more iconic than Bayonetta.
I have grown fond of Bayonetta, but I'd much prefer the list of 20 something characters that have greater impacted the industry as a whole.

That said, major props to the original poster, for not trying to use the upcoming game as a reason that he is "likely," rather than just wanted.

Last edited:

Reila

I have absolutely no connection to this game.
But I wonder- do any other New Yorker's continue to read the name as "Astoria?" It really gives a different impression of the character every time I see him.

Honestly, I am a little over every game that's been on the switch being used as an argument that the character should be in Smash. I really hope third party characters are all more iconic than Bayonetta.
I have grown fond of Bayonetta, but I'd much prefer the list of 20 something characters that have greater impacted the industry as a whole.

That said, major props to the original poster, for not trying to use the upcoming game as a reason that he is "likely," rather than just wanted.
Not a New Yorker, but when I first played Dark Souls, I would constantly read "Solaire of Artorias", which is silly since Artorias is the name of another character, not the name of a place, like Astora is.

I truly do not think he is "likely" as much as I think the inclusion of Solaire would be interesting for a number of reasons. The Souls series is big, both sales-wise and in popularity in the "gamer community" — As a matter of fact, it is bigger than Bayonetta, though I am not saying this means Solaire "deserves" to be in Smash more than her. There are not a lot of characters in Smash who come from err, darker games (no pun intended). The Dark Souls series is officially over as of Dark Souls III and Solaire is one of the most popular characters in the series, if not the most popular, because of his friendly nature and well, memes.

I truly appreciate the Souls series, but a character being represented in Smash is not such a big deal for me. It would be cool, but if doesn't happen, that is fine, too. I think on top of being a Souls fangirl, another reason a Souls rep appeals to me is that I don't really trust Nintendo to surprise me positively with first party newcomers (Inklings were not really a surprise), considering their obsession with Fire Emblem reps, so it is more fun to speculate about third party reps for me.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I need to play the Souls games one day, the remaster is on my mind.

That being said, Soltaire would be hilarious.

StingHobbes

Smash Rookie
Alright, well here's my moveset. Again, keep in mind that this was originally thought up for The Chosen Undead thread, so some moves could be tweaked to fit Solaire more. There's also some extra stuff in there like stages, items, etc. Ignore those if you want, just thought some of it may add more to the discussion.

The Chosen Undead (Solaire) is a high risk, high reward character, and you'll see that mentioned frequently. He has medium combo potential, but he's played best when you're using calculated, patient attacks. He has lots of end lag on lots of attacks, but most of them have some crazy mechanics if you land them. Read your opponents' moves and punish effectively!
I tried making him sound like he came right out of the Dark Souls game, so patient play is rewarded. One of the most fun things to do in Dark Souls is play with lots of different weapon builds, so I tried to include a lot of weapon types within the character. He primarily uses a straight sword, but greatswords, spears, crossbows, axes, miracles, pyromancies, and sorcery also come into play. He has a pretty awful recovery, so getting him offstage would be your best bet. Another strategy is to bait out his very laggy moves, and punish accordingly. I put thought into nearly every aspect of this character, including sleeping animations, victory poses, etc.

Grounded Attacks
Jab
: 3 sword swings.

Forward Tilt: Shield Break Kick, can cause player to trip.

Down Tilt: Kneeling, Jutting out stab attack.

Up Tilt: Sword Swing in an arc motion.

Dash Attack: Uses a spear, very long range.

Aerial Attacks
N-Air
: Two slashes, one left, one right.

F-Air: Shield Bash (akin to Palutena's B-air), high knockback.

B-Air: Crossbow Shot, similar to Villager's F-air and B-air, but can't be spammed as fast.

Up-Air: Straight stab motion upwards, low knockback.

Down-Air: Plunge Attack, extremely high knockback, works similar to how it does in the Dark Souls games, high landing lag, spikes.

Smash Attacks
Forward Smash
: Greatsword Swing, slow, but high knockback.

Up Smash: Black Knight Greataxe Two-Hand R2, does chip damage at the start when dragged on the ground (near the feet), then does a huge circular motion (akin to King Dedede's).

Down Smash: Wrath of the Gods, a miracle that creates a shockwave around the character, more powerful near the base, low knockback if hit at the top.

Special Attacks
Neutral B
: Pyromancy. The more you hold the button in, the better the pyromancy is. The weakest to strongest pyromancies would be Fireball > Fire Orb > Chaos Bed Vestiges. This move would act similar to Greninjas, as you can't store the projectile, but it has a slight downwards arc. If the projectile hits, it does huge knockback.

Side B: Parry/Backstab. If the enemy is facing you, your character will do a parry with their shield (counter). If the enemy attacks you during certain frames of the parry animation, you then get to do a high damaging visceral attack, but there's no knockback. The enemy then collapses, (similar to Ryu's Down-B) which can lead into some combo potential. This also reflects projectiles.

If the enemy is turned away from you, and you're shoulder-length apart, your character will do a backstab instead of a parry, which does the same effect as the visceral attack after a parry. If you're too far away though, it'll work like a normal sword stab and you won't get the collapse animation.

Both attacks need to be timed well, and if you fail, there's lots of ending lag. If used in the air, it's just a high knockback backstab, no collapse animation.

Down B: Etsus Chug. An extremely high risk, high reward healing move. Etsus is basically Sunny D that heals you in the actual game. It's not able to be used in the air. You have limited etsus, but each drink heals 50%, so it's extremely valuable. The amount of etsus you have is determined by how many stocks you have or how long you play your match. For example, if you're playing a 3 stock match or a 2:00 time match, you'll have 3 Etsus for that match. If you play with 99 stocks, you'll have 30 or so etsus chugs. Drinking etsus is very slow, like the games, and if the animation is interrupted, you lose the etsus and heal no percentage. Once your etsus is depleted for the match, your character will shrug when trying to use it.

Up B: Gargoyle Lift, similar to Duck Hunt's Recovery, a gargoyle lifts up the Chosen Undead (like how they do in Anor Londo in DS1 and Undead Settlement in DS3). The wings that flap do very minimal damage, it's not the best vertical recovery, and it doesn't last very long.

Grab, Pummel, and Throws
Grab
: Dark Hand, a unique magic/fist weapon that allows you to grab your opponent.

Down Throw: Lifedrain, a move similar to Snake's down throw that inflicts damage upon the opponent, and heals around 5% for the Chosen Undead. Abusing this throw results in less and less healing.

Up Throw: Simple upward throw, sword slash combo.

Forward Throw: Simple throw forward, sword slash combo.

Back Throw: Homing Soulmass, big throw behind character, then 3-5 magic balls fly towards the player (akin to Fox, Falco, and Mewtwo's throws).

Pummel: Simple sword swing

Roll
The Chosen Undead's roll is like any other character's, but has just few extra invincibility frames. If you spam it, though, you eventually have less invincibility frames than usual due to "losing stamina".

Passive Abilities
Passive Ability:
Embered Up. An ability that rewards skill and calculated play. After knocking a player into the blast zones, The Chosen Undead becomes embered, like how they do after defeating a boss in DS3. This ability boosts your defense SLIGHTLY, reducing the amount of damage you take. It's nothing incredibly overpowered, it's similar to Lucario's aura or Cloud's Limit Break buffs, just with defense boosts. Once the opponent takes a stock from you, you lose the buff until you take a stock off them again. It also creates a cool, embered look on your character's armor.

Passive Ability: Shield, works exactly like Link or Toon Link's shield.

Cosmetic Passive Ability: Going Hollow. After losing a stock, your character takes the appearance of a hollow and the voice clips sound more monstrous.

Unique Death Sound: When losing a stock, the "You Died" soundclip from the DS games plays.

Taunts
Gestures are a fun little mechanic in Dark Souls, and they'd make great taunts.

Up Taunt: Praise the Sun! (This HAS to be a gesture.)

Side Taunt: Well, what is it? (Fan favorite gesture. The legend never dies.)

Down Taunt: Point Down. (Extremely disrespectful. Should only be used in rare circumstances.)

Honestly, there's a lot of gestures from the Dark Souls games that would work. I'd like Bow to be a gesture, hopefully 4 taunts could be a thing.

Special Animations
Sleeping Animation:
The Sleep gesture (DS3)

Shield Break Animation: Similar to any other character, not many gestures that relate to this one.

When knocked down: Stretch Out Gesture

When on the edge: The Chosen Undead waves his arms around in circles slightly cartoonishly.

Entering the Match: Gets summoned in by a summon sign.

Victory Screen Poses
Bonfire Rest:
Chosen Undead resting at bonfire

Invader Banished: Character is doing the Jump for Joy gesture with the words "invader banished" covering the screen (but not result stats).

Bow: Character does the Bow gesture

If The Chosen Undead loses: They do the Applause gesture

Victory Theme: Not sure what they could do for this. Perhaps an uplifting remix of Firelink Shrine? Maybe the riff that plays when you enter Anor Londo?

Final Smash
Darkeater Midir
: Midir (dragon) flies down and shoots the stage with his Godzilla beam and/or fire. The beam stuns the players, and then shortly explodes and does incredible knockback. This final smash could literally pertain to any boss, but I really like Midir.

Costumes/Skins

Default Costume: Elite Knight Set (Swap this costume with Solaire's armor)

Catarina Set (Siegward)

Armor of the Sun Set (Solaire, this is a must)

Faraam Set (DS2 Armor)

Firelink Set (DS3 Armor)

Havel's Set (Fan Favorite)

Xanthous Set (For magic users)

Deprived costume (No armor, best way to play)

I'd love more costumes, as there's a ton of iconic armor sets from the game, but I tried picking the 8 most recognizable ones. Hopefully someone will mod in Giant Dad.

Dark Souls Stage
Anor Londo

Anor Londo is a fan favorite area in Dark Souls 1 that features a giant castle and a large elevator. The arena takes place a fair distance away from the castle, giving you a breathtaking view. On very rare occasions, Anor Londo appears very dark and has a more blue palette (This is basically what the real Anor Londo looks like, the sun and brightness is just an illusion in the game).The stage itself is a simple courtyard with no walkoffs and a couple of symmetrical platforms raised up by non-interactable pillars. You can't go under the stage. Black Iron Tarkus and other NPCs from the Dark Souls games can be spotted. The elevator in the background also goes up and down occasionally, and enemies can be spotted patrolling the castle. Two certain boss enemies actually show up to interupt the battle...

Boss
Ornstein and Smough

Occasionally, Ornstein and Smough show up, and they'll both give you quite the beating. It's possible to beat them, and beating them once will cause them to go away for the rest of the match. If you don't beat them, they eventually leave, but come back later. Unfortunately this means the stage isn't legal, unless a stage hazard toggle is implemented.

Music
Dark Souls 1 Medley (Remix)
Asylum/Taurus Demon Theme (DS1)
Bell Gargoyle Theme (DS1)
Gwyn's Theme (DS1)
Ornstein & Smough Theme (DS1)
Sir Alonne's Theme (DS2)
DS3 Main Theme (DS3)
Slave Knight Gael's Theme (DS3)
Abyss Watcher's Theme (DS3)
Soul of Cinder's Theme (DS3)

I'm being pretty optimistic here. I'd probably cut down this list in half, but I really like Dark Souls' soundtracks.

Assist Trophy
Artorias of the Abyss

This guy's a fan favorite boss, he'll just run around and swing his sword around and do some cool magic attacks.

Any boss or NPC could work for this though.

Items
Chest:
similar to the chests in The Great Cave Offensive stage, some items are available inside them when attacked. The chests only have really good weapons though, like master balls and assist trophies.

Mimic Chest: Sometimes, the chests are actually Mimics, and whoever hits them takes MASSIVE damage and knockback. Hitting the chests is a super high risk, high reward chance, so be careful. If you look closely, you can tell whether it's a chest or a Mimic (look at the chest chain), but in the heat of battle, that'll be difficult to do.

Those are all my ideas for Dark Souls related things in Smash. I mostly used Dark Souls 1 references, as that's the one that'll be on the Switch soon. I definitely went overboard and honestly, I think The Chosen Undead sounds extremely OP, but there's just so much you could do with him! He has a little bit of everything, but hopefully the difficulty of his playstyle would balance his options out. LOTS of fanservice for sure, but I had a lot of fun making it despite it just being ideas and speculation. I'd love to hear thoughts, criticisms, and more ideas, so feel free to do so!

If I were to change anything so this would fit Solaire more, I'd probably change the Neutral B pyromancy to a Lightning Spear move. You could charge it and store it, then you could throw it forward for a super fast projectile. If you throw it down, it could work like how Lightning Stake works in the game. If you throw it up, it could work like how Lightning Storm works in the game.

The main issue I see with this moveset is that it's super 'fanservicey' and probably just too much for a character in Smash, but I had a lot of fun with it. Another argument I saw mentioned is that it'd look a little weird if Solaire is pulling out tons of different weapons. I understand the argument, but then I remembered you can hold 6 weapons at a time in your inventory slots, and I'm not even counting all the consumables. Although, it's just my take on a moveset, so I'd love to see what others think of for a moveset.

Last edited:

Reila

It is indeed very fanservicey, but that is not necessarily a problem, not for the Chosen Undead, at least. For Solaire, I think it is a bit off, in particular the final smash, but it is a cool moveset.

It goes in a different direction compared to the moveset I am making, which is less fanservicey and more focused on the character does and could do. I think yours is likely more appealing for people not familiar with Souls and Solaire, though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yeeah I don't think Solaire/Chosen Undead's moveset is really interchangable. Solaire only has his armor, sword/shield, and the Lightning spear/great heal miracles. Aside from some other miracles like Sunlight blade or Wrath of the Gods, It'd be weird to add anything else to his kit. Neat moveset though. If the Chosen was added I'd hope he would have a lot of armor sets as alts.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Mark me as a supporter, have become a fan of the souls series after playing bloodborne and going backwards.

Reila

One small issue I have with the Chosen Undead is the gender representation. The avatar doesn't have a set one and I wonder if they would go as far as make different models/builds for the two. Maybe.

On the topic of the Chosen Undead, if they go with this alternative, it would be cool if they could throw a bone for Dark Souls II and III fans, and give the Undead the Faraam Set or Forlorn Set (represented in the Dark Souls II/Scholar of the First Sin box arts, respectively) and the Firelink Set (Dark Souls III box art). Naturally they wouldn't represent Demon's Souls and Bloodborne since those games are owned of Sony.

StingHobbes

Smash Rookie
I did actually throw in the Faraam Set and Firelink Set somewhere in that giant moveset I created, as they're pretty iconic. I forgot about the Forlorn Set, though, but that'd be great too.

Transitioning back to Solaire though, what would his costumes be? I love your Sunlight Maggot idea, but what else could they do? I couldn't see simple color swaps, I'd just personally find that really odd. But it'd also look really weird if we're playing as Solaire in the Iron Dragonslayer Set or any other armor. It's things like these that make me think the Chosen Undead should be the rep, yet Solaire is so much more iconic and loved.

Now that I think about it more, Solaire could totally have the Sunlight Phantom look he has when he's summoned as another costume. If they want to take it a step further, you could include white, blue, red, etc. phantoms as costumes as well.

Also, I'd love to be in the supporters list!

Reila

Yes, I was thinking about the different phantom colors as alts for him, aside from the Sunlight Maggot helm. Dark Souls III offers quite a few options, considering each covenant has its own phantom color.

I added you to the list, of course.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I also like the Dark Souls series, I'm not the biggest fan in the world but I definitely played all the 3 titles and enjoyed all of them.
In fact, I also think that a Dark Souls character would be fitting and cool in Smash... maybe not until Brawl, but now that the roster is huge and some realistic-looking characters are part of it, a Dark Souls character wouldn't look out of place for sure.
The franchise has a good reputation and it's very popular, it's iconic and influenced the gaming industry, so why not.

This said, I support Solaire, but if you ask me I think that the Dragonslayer or Artorias would be way cooler (Artorias would call Sif for his final smash, how cool would it be?).
Solaire is way more popular though, and also recognized by the general public, even who never played a Dark Souls title knows him... not to mention the fact that he's getting an Amiibo.

It would be incredibly hilarious make a match between Solaire and Wii-Fit Trainer.

StingHobbes

Smash Rookie
Artorias would be sweet, and he has some great moveset potential. But yeah, if we're getting a Dark Souls rep, it'll probably be Solaire or possibly Chosen Undead.

However, if we get a Dark Souls rep, I'd fully except Artorias as an assist trophy, cause he's definitely Number 2 after Solaire. He and Sif could team up, do some abyss attacks, etc. For Dragonslayer Ornstein, I think he'd be great along with Smough has an Anor Londo stage hazard.

Your Solaire/Wii Fit Trainer match would make a hilarious trailer for Solaire. I'd love to see Solaire exploring some creepy cemetery and Wii Fit Trainer pops out of nowhere just stretching on top of some gravestones, then throw in some praise the sun shenanigans.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
For Dragonslayer Ornstein, I think he'd be great along with Smough has an Anor Londo stage hazard.
Seriously, this is just too good, now I need an Anor Londo stage!

It could be set where the iconic rotating bridge/tower is, and the stage could change shape during the match. Dragonslayer and Smough as a team stage hazard is clever, with the golden armors and the huge hammer, they are very unique looking and fitting for Smash, it would come out a very interesting stage, especially since the location is also important and returned in Dark Souls 3, so it's probably the most iconic location of the series, totally worth representation.

Reila

The Anor Londo stage could be set on top of that spinning thingy we use to reach different areas in the city. This would be cool because as the thingy (I really forgot the correct word) rotates, we would see different areas of the city. Sadly some of the cool areas like the Darkmoon Tomb and the room with the Ariamis painting are in-doors, so we wouldn't get to see it.

As for stage hazards, obviously the infamous Silver Knight archers. Nothing like being knocked to my death in Dark Souls, Dark Souls III and Smash Bros!

I think Artorias as an assist trophy would be wonderful, but part of me wants them to represent different games, too. Perhaps Uncle Gael instead, since he is very popular (obviously not as popular as Artorias, for a number of reasons, such as being a recent character) and he also VERY important considering he is the
final boss of the whole series

Reila

Naturally.

I would love to fight at the sound of the Curse-rotted Greatwood theme. There is nothing like it in Smash, the song is terrifying (the second phase, in particular). If we can fight at the soothing sounds of the Roost Café theme from Animal Crossing, why not fight at the sound of the theme of that terrifying abominable excuse of a boss.

Last edited:

Reila

I will try to take some time off the development of my game later or tomorrow to make the gifs for Solaire's moveset. Sorry for the wait.

Reila

Just learned who Solaire was yesterday, and...

Put my solar waifu in smash. I don’t think I’ve ever loved one fictional man so much LOL
Well, you do fall in love fast!

Reila

Heh. For a crazy dude obsessed with the sun, he looks fairly normal.

Reila

I wonder if anyone here is playing Dark Souls for the first time on the Switch.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
is already out? damn i just spend some dollars in teh crypt of the necrodancer and celeste DX

BTW add em to suporters or whatever... i think that people are sleeping on dark souls representation

Reila

Crypt of the Necrodancer is amazing. Have a good time with it. And yes, it is out.

Reila

Eshop says it still coming soon, with no defined date (summer 2018) at least in america... dont you mean the pc version is out?
I see. I assumed all versions would come out at the same time. Quite rare for PC to get a release before consoles (unless it is a PC game first, not the case for Dark Souls, which is a console game first.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I see. I assumed all versions would come out at the same time. Quite rare for PC to get a release before consoles (unless it is a PC game first, not the case for Dark Souls, which is a console game first.
switch version got delayed though.

Reila

switch version got delayed though.
Interesting. I don't really buy games on Switch (Splatoon 2 is the only one I have and it will stay that way for a good while still), so I didn't know.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
1) Solaire has an Amiibo
2) DS Remaster was first shown in a Nintendo Direct
3) Oddyssey has some references to the DS series
4) Namco develops the game

I think Solaire is very likely to be anounced during the E3 presentation.

Top Bottom