• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Praise Classic Mode

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
After all the threads of what people don't like about Ultimate, I figured I'd make a more positive thread detailing what we all LIKED about this game. Let's start with Classic Mode for a second.

I love, love, LOVE how each character has a specific route based off something to do with them as a character (:ultpichu: fighting lightweight opponents, :ult_terry: fighting opponents KOF style, etc.)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
After all the threads of what people don't like about Ultimate, I figured I'd make a more positive thread detailing what we all LIKED about this game. Let's start with Classic Mode for a second.

I love, love, LOVE how each character has a specific route based off something to do with them as a character (:ultpichu: fighting lightweight opponents, :ult_terry: fighting opponents KOF style, etc.)
This sort of thing pervades the whole game, what with the spirit battles, World Of Light special areas that challenge you to play and think like the games they come from, and the newly added special online tourneys, especially the ones that follow a DLC fighter's release.

What's great about this Classic mode is that isn't afraid to buck the structure to fit the needs of the scenario. Fight a boss in the middle so that a character can face their true nemesis at the end (:ultbowser::ulthero:)? Sure, why not. Play the bonus stage earlier because the source material worked that way (:ultryu::ultbayonetta1:). You bet!

I do wonder if we'll ever get a run that's pure boss fights... there's a series already in the game that's all about those after all...

Oddball

Smash Lord
I have to give them props on their classic modes. They got really creative with some of them. SOme of them are actually even kinda funny. I love the title for Bowser's classic mode.

Top Bottom