• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practicing offline

anqilador999

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I just bought the game a couple of days ago, and im trying to slowly improve I spend a good amount of time in the training mode short-hooping, doing aerials, RAR,some combos,...
Im in a situation where I cant play online and I cant search for a local to play so which is the best way to get some good practice against bots lv 9 bots ? lv 3 bots and focus in my combos ?

Last edited:

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Ok, so I just bought the game a couple of days ago, and im trying to slowly improve I spend a good amount of time in the training mode short-hooping, doing aerials, RAR,some combos,...
Im in a situation where I cant play online and I cant search for a local to play so which is the best way to get some good practice against bots lv 9 bots ? lv 3 bots and focus in my combos ?
If you HAVE to practice on CPUs, go with level 6 or 7. That will be kind of equivalent to a lower-level human player who just happens to have really fast reflexes. Do not practice against level 9. Levels 9 CPUs will do ridiculous things that no human player could ever pull off but will also make some ridiculous errors that no human player would ever make.

Last edited:

GhostM

Phantom
Don’t practice against level 9 CPU’s because they have a certain play style where they do things that no human would ever do. Sometimes they make the most obvious mistakes that no person would ever make, and they maneuver in a way that no human would ever do. Just practice between levels 5-7 since they are more difficult, but not to a large degree. If this was Smash 4, you’d be facing a level 9 CPU with reflexes to the point where they air dodge all attacks in air.

nshoes

Smash Cadet
I'd take the online plunge. I did near the same time where you're at now, and it was worth it. Got worked for a bit and learned the hard way.

Coming back to level 9 CPU's now being decent at the game is interesting. No matter what character you fight against, it feels like you're playing against the same person - always trying to cross up, always running into my smash attacks when they drop down from a platform, ALWAYS AIR DODGING AROUND MY BOUNCING FISH, etc. It's so lame lol. Playing against humans is way more fun, and gives you actual experience. Want to practice offline with real people? Hit up a local tourney or meetup.

Top Bottom