• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advice Practicing not whiffing

SpicyGPXD

Smash Rookie
I whiff very often. It is definitely my worst habit. I'm wondering what I can do to train myself to not whiff as much. What do you do to practice not whiffing as much?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well it probably has to do with what your opponent's doing, no?
Wifi can really get in the way, but in general when you choose to attack you gotta consciously not "try to react to them moving back [in which case im being baited]" but consider just before attacking whether you should move forward "more" to cover people retreating more, or to maintain a spacing where the whiff (or not attacking at all) is pressure-full.

Grinding with CPUs may help a lot. Paying attention to how you're whiffing is asically what you gotta look at (the above paragraph being the reason you're whiffing if your opponent is retreating back).

Top Bottom