• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Then Project M can lick my feet (why wouldn't it work anyways I thought it was supposed to be a carbon copy of Melee with more characters)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
ThatGuy (Falco) vs CC (Samus) GF

Thoughts, critiques, and insults always welcome.
Gonna give you my thoughts on watching game 1.

-don't hit from high into Samus' shield unless you super delay it or space the hit

-take your space and get under Samus if she's on a platform....she's really weak(to your uptilt especially) when above you

-try not to just laser in place a ton. you don't get a lot of pressure and momentum going that way. use lasers and dashes/WDs to get close to Samus and begin working your Dair/Bair spacing so that Samus can't set up missiles/tilts very easily(she'll probably have to shield)

-you panicked too much when you were offstage. just grab/side b to the edge(he wasn't ever close to it the first time you went off anyway) and then waveland on the platform, onto the stage, or double laser depending on where he is

-you need more Bairs when Samus is above you and falling to a platform. you could also just uair/shine samus' landing lag

-a lot of your jumps while on a platform(and especially DJs) weren't getting you much. you should have just gotten down quickly or attacked with Dair to get down or even moved from platform to platform before deciding. samus is bad in the air and couldn't catch you with much besides Uair(which you can SDI out of)

-samus likes hitting your shield low with ftilts and dsmash, so don't be afraid to hold shield a little while and angle it if you need to

-Nair isn't too useful vs Samus unless you FF it/space it/hit her past 60% probably so she can't CC shenanigan you

-there's never any need to rush samus' shield(unless you want to grab I guess). she has no real shield grab and only has Nair OOS or WD back OOS as real answers to spaced pressure, and those don't hurt you if you space well

-you should dair more at later(<100) %s because those can lead to more Dairs to combo and also spikes or smashes

-try to grab the edge late vs samus' grapple so your invincibility will protect you and samus will have to get bair'd when she goes up. you could also grab the edge early like you did and just let go DJ Bair samus as she slides down if she's waiting for you to get off of the edge before grabbing it

-if samus ever does her second jab that's a free punish OOS

hey falcos, here's my sets against kels last tourney:
WF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhduxs5mh7c

any advice would be appreciated
Critiquing game 1 stuff I see.

-You should position yourself to uptilt when Kels FHs over you like that. Free damage/combo setup

-if you want to avoid CCs at lower percents, then Dair, don't super delayed Nair

-he rolled a ton whenever you had advantage at all, so you should've started baiting that and smashing/Dair'ing him for it

-if sheik is in stun after Dair and offstage, go ahead and jump off and dair her. you won't die as long as you Dair early from your jump, even of YS and your up-B will let you make it back

-WD'ing to the edge is always faster than jumping so do that when you see sheik start to up-B if you have time

-don't mess around on sheik's shield too long. jabbing it can be fine if you get away with it, but you should usually shine or jab again after that because sheik is looking to nair oos often since it's so fast

-if you see sheik turn around when you're offstage up-B'ing, then be ready for her to WD last minute. you could have gone straight up then and landed on randall or maybe spaced around her ftilt and grabbed the edge if she stayed that far from it

-when sheik gets on a side platform, be sure to work your bairs and uptilts to ensure she doesn't fall through and get any bs hits on you

-if sheik spaces fair on your shield, then your first reaction should be to WD OOS back not roll into him. he can react to that easily and turnaround grab on you if he wants to walk during his pressure at all

-random Fsmash is bad. when kels was shielding all of your moves, you should have worked in more shine grab or not fallen away after starting pressure

-space bairs when sheik is offstage or just stay on the edge and do the regular <100% getup if she's too far away for that

-Learn the range of uptilt. I've already seen you try it twice hoping he'd run into it. Most people don't run into Falco lol.

-don't roll after smashing unless you see the opponent starting a move

-side B'ing into the edge is hard for roy to actually cover

-work on your FFs for your dairs they cost you a lot

-don't dsmash on roy when he's getting up until his leg gets onto the stage

-don't be afraid to stay on roy's shield during pressure, also he has no quick answer to shine grab so do that more

-don't dash attack unless you're pretty close to the opponent, it's easy to block

-you need more movement in general, this might be a result of not warming up or just you giving him too long to position himself while you figure out what to do. move more regardless

-react to tech chases!!!! when roy is knocked down by dair if he misses the tech it's incredibly easy to punish with dsmash/more dairs so do that instead of DD'ing around

-low percent fsmash doesn't get you much reward so settle for a nair/dair/shine combo at lower percents before connecting with a smash if you get a read

-ftilt ends combos, so avoid it unless you're by the edge

-dtilt is laggy, so don't use it on shields unless you're fully spaced or their shield is quite small

-off of platforms, you just fall off, so try to move a little more or dash and attack off of them so that the opponent won't just catch you out of your dair range every time...you could also just fall off with a laser to mix up and keep pressure/momentum going

that's pretty dirty. I'm always surprised people don't tech those Dairs from so high up, guess I should do it more.

it was ok, wouldn't work in project m though =/
hslifhfnfLOOOOL

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I played Xenosaga Part 3 for about 5 minutes when I was but a wee lad. It seemed confusing to me since I was young so I never got into it.

I'm guessing Xenoblade is related somehow but not really?

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure he wants to know what get-up attacks it works vs. specifically (I want to know too, but I don't have a setup to test with).

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure he wants to know what get-up attacks it works vs. specifically (I want to know too, but I don't have a setup to test with).
Yup, exactly this. I know how it works I just want to know some of the instances it can be used in as it seems like a good surprise trick to get an opponent offstage potentially, but I know a lot of get up attacks (and ledge attacks) hit fairly high still which would disrupt this.

I'll probably test it later and post about it later if nobody knows anything more.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Did you know the Landmaster is the size of a small house
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgYsIKkBLQ

and lolololololololololol @ the GTA pic

To not be totally off topic, how fast do you guys say that it takes you to warm up before you're up to your normal standards on any given day? Also, what do you usually do to warmup (tech skill practice/playing bad people/playing good people etc.)?

wezai

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avgYsIKkBLQ

and lolololololololololol @ the GTA pic

To not be totally off topic, how fast do you guys say that it takes you to warm up before you're up to your normal standards on any given day? Also, what do you usually do to warmup (tech skill practice/playing bad people/playing good people etc.)?
Takes me basically one full match to warm up. Doesn't matter if I'm playing a noob or a pro. I stretch all my fingers and my arms before I start to warm up, then I spam WD and L-cancels just to get my hands warmed up a bit (I'm like a zombie, my hands are always cold :c). After all that, I just play 1 or 2 friendlies before the real deal. ;)

Bones0

Smash Legend
It takes me ~30 minutes to get to an acceptable playing level (i.e. the point at where I stop johning about warm-ups lol), but to get my tech skill to where I'm on point and feel like I'm on fire, it takes around 1.5-2 hours. Then I have a third level of super saiyan tech skill that I've only achieved on the few occasions where I play for multiple days at tournaments (Pound 5, Zenith, 5-day fest+tourney at Smash House, and Apex 2012).

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Like 3-4 games physically. A few more toget my mind used to playing because I don't play enough:(

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It takes me ~30 minutes to get to an acceptable playing level (i.e. the point at where I stop johning about warm-ups lol), but to get my tech skill to where I'm on point and feel like I'm on fire, it takes around 1.5-2 hours. Then I have a third level of super saiyan tech skill that I've only achieved on the few occasions where I play for multiple days at tournaments (Pound 5, Zenith, 5-day fest+tourney at Smash House, and Apex 2012).
It is quite random when I feel like I'm warmed up. Sometimes, I can just walk up to a cube and my spacies/Peach will be on point, playing really well, with few technical mistakes (though I myself am not the most technical by any means). But if I've practiced my tech skill recently, and then go play, it takes me up to 2 and a half hours, or three, to warm up. You would think that after having practiced and honed my movement, my tech skill would take less time to warm up, but it seems to take more.

I have had maybe 7 matches when I've reached the "super Saiyan" mode. I have no idea how to activate it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I barely have to warm up... Like usually 15-30 seconds in game, though when I feel really nervous my tech skill goes to nothing and I need to warm up again

Top Bottom