• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah I probably went too far with my response there and got lost in my own world responding. XD

I agree with your example concerning Azen about technical proficiency.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
falco vs gay fox is, in my opinion, the single most frustrating match up for falco in the game. fox just moves around falcos lasers until he finds an opening, then just says lol shine tech chase fox stuff, edgeguard.
I tried Falco multiple times vs Vwins's Fox.. I can't do it.. it's too fast lol.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I tried Falco multiple times vs Vwins's Fox.. I can't do it.. it's too fast lol.
falco vs fox is a really ******** matchup. ><;

It's a match up that I'm VERY good at, but still struggle against people worse than me just because Fox is so stupid.

Like I said earlier, I can beat Falcos much better than I am with Fox on a fairly consistent basis. If I were better @ keeping it fresh and always mixing it up, I'd be able to beat even better players on an even MORE consistent basis. My biggest flaw currently with Fox is how one-dimensional I am. I'm fairly unique as far as Fox players go, so I'm usually able to keep people guessing throughout 2 out of 3 of a 2/3 set, but 3/5 is a huge weakness for me as by the third match I've ran out of trick.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i struggle at my proficient area. i wonder what happens when im not proficient

kage, it's hard to hit people moving fast and having to move fast with them, but it's pretty hard to hit fast targets with a slow object too :)

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Then try to focus more on watching the opponent

It's not like you can't improve at adapting to oppenents

The first step is that you have to be confident in your technical abilities.

If you can do your moves without having to concentrate on your character you can watch your opponent more and look for patters etc

D

Deleted member

playing worse players can be harder for several reasons, but the major one is that no matter what the opponent does good or bad, you still have to deal with it. for example, a fox that just walks under you and upsmashes can still be a pain in the *** even if all they do is walk and C stick. there's other reasons too, such as a worse player is more likely to disrespect you on a poor choice (think fox up B directly at marth's fsmash) or take otherwise unnecessary risks.

when combined with a fast strong versatile character like fox, it's very possible to have a hard time with a less talented player.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
The best way to beat a player worse than you is to play the game, not the opponent, in my opinion. If the opponent truly is worse, you can just create situations that you can't be hit in, which should be your focus regardless; this is just especially applicable against worse players. If you do unpunishable things, the fact that you're better than your opponent will probably tide you over when combined with what I said.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
The best way to beat a player worse than you is to play the game, not the opponent, in my opinion. If the opponent truly is worse, you can just create situations that you can't be hit in, which should be your focus regardless; this is just especially applicable against worse players. If you do unpunishable things, the fact that you're better than your opponent will probably tide you over when combined with what I said.
I guess I could agree with that since my Falco is way worse than my other 3 characters, I have to create situations where I can get easy punishes despite my technical skill sucking. I have to beat them using my experience and finding ways to space better and do better combos too eventually. It's kinda cool sometimes to reduce yourself to a lower level and try to beat lower players lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
how i beat bad players is usually just **** them by being more aggressive cuz i am much better at being aggressive

or light shield with ic's and make them miss l-cancels and shield grab :) :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i just follow easy zones and punish hard. Also using my experience to stay calm in pressure situations and exploiting their nervousness.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yea lol. i think what might bother us vs weaker players is just losing stocks. i try to not let that get to me anymore, just cuz they made a random good decision doesnt mean i cant make tons of better ones.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
how i beat bad players is usually just **** them by being more aggressive cuz i am much better at being aggressive

or light shield with ic's and make them miss l-cancels and shield grab :) :)
The cheapness of playing a cheap character
How cheap :glare:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
its not cheap man :) l-cancels can still be hit. it's up to my opponent to nail them vs my shield! not my fault if they're not good enough!

Bones0

Smash Legend
I prefer playing really radical against players worse than me. Like I will alternate between being really passive and really aggressive, and that usually weeds out a few of their bad habits (always using get up attack, rolling when I approach, etc.) and then I just abuse those because I can depend on them to keep making the mistake.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
in short, they are our playthings.

technical foxes, even if they are not great players per se, are fun to play against regardless. cuz they keep us on our toes, and personally i like this.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I don't see how its possible for falco to lose to a fox "worse" than him to be honest.

Falco's combos are so easy mode that you could just run a train of dair priority and lasers up his *** and combo him to death. If he really is worse than you theres no way you should be losing.

Fox isnt like marth, sheik, puff and peach who can get away with being bad but winning anyway because of having stupid priority, broken moveset, natural anti-combo physics or ******** easy combos. I've lost matches to peaches and sheiks I know im "better" than.

But in order for fox to win a match, the player has to actually be good. Fox is nothing without a good player behind him imo.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Playing worse players is still really helpful though in its own right. You learn ways to vary and innovate your combos, you gain confidence and other such esteem boosts since you won't be punished for mistakes nearly as hard as you are punishing. That alone lets you worn on so much of your own punishment/movement game so that when you play better players you already have lots of ideas you can sift through as you play them.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol i always thought marth sheik puff peach had to work harder to win. they just punish hard, but getting that punish isnt ez!

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
im glad you enjoy playing players worse than you, PP, since that now includes everyone.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol, im sure there are plenty of people he considers to be at his level, or at least not worse enough on a scale that he would call them worse

DJRome

Smash Hero
Playing worse players is still really helpful though in its own right. You learn ways to vary and innovate your combos, you gain confidence and other such esteem boosts since you won't be punished for mistakes nearly as hard as you are punishing. That alone lets you worn on so much of your own punishment/movement game so that when you play better players you already have lots of ideas you can sift through as you play them.
can you stop using the same combo on me?

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I don't see how its possible for falco to lose to a fox "worse" than him to be honest.

Falco's combos are so easy mode that you could just run a train of dair priority and lasers up his *** and combo him to death. If he really is worse than you theres no way you should be losing.

Fox isnt like marth, sheik, puff and peach who can get away with being bad but winning anyway because of having stupid priority, broken moveset, natural anti-combo physics or ******** easy combos. I've lost matches to peaches and sheiks I know im "better" than.

But in order for fox to win a match, the player has to actually be good. Fox is nothing without a good player behind him imo.
yeah you're really ****ing stupid.

the players i'm playing against aren't your standard guttertrash. we're talking players who have the capability of making out of pools at a national, but regardless still aren't as good as I am.

Fox is one of Falco's worst matchups. he's faster, which gives him the ability to weave in and out of Falco's lasers and kick him in the face.

what i like is how people immediately think that just because i said the fox players aren't as good as I am they're automatically bad.

News flash people: I'm actually GOOD at this game, as is most of the state of Arizona.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
get over yourself. You're terrible at this game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw1dtFA8sDQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx7cakq6XAU

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=282603

No, I think you're mistaken, child. I AM good at this game.

so you think you can make it to bracket @ genesis 2?
I can't go. dorm curfew johns.

@Dark Hart:

I lost your respect because I have confidence in my skill and people like jpobs think I'm bad? It's w/e. I don't need the respect of a random anyways.

Top Bottom