• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Powersol

HelloAxi

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2938-6948-6908
I've been toying with Peach's up special in friendlies and I discovered something nice about her parasol.

So I would try and do a combo that would result in my opponent being slightly out of range above me (from pan or ftilt or up smash).
So I started following this up with an up special and dishing out 14% if all hits connect (correct me if my percents are wrong).
After the initial ten hits go off I hit them with the lasting hit box for 3%, press down to fall faster, press up to open parasol again and hit again for 3%. Repeat this all the way to ground. Make sure last hit is right before floor, with time to drop still available. Then a smash attack can easily hit.

I don't know if this is totally viable against all DI, but it works best against characters who really like their dairs (Ganon and such).
Didn't use on a fast faller.

With this I could rack up to 20 percent a d end with up smash for a lovely kill.

Really helps against people should like to stay on platforms above you.

What do you guys think? It's surprising to people who dont expect it and potentially a kill at 80% or so.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
definitely not a guarantee but you can definitely make it work once in a while. most would probably say that time spent with the opponent in the air is better used pulling turnips if you cant follow with an up air. just depends how you weight the risk-reward of potentially giving up good positioning for a bit of extra damage.

HelloAxi

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2938-6948-6908
definitely not a guarantee but you can definitely make it work once in a while. most would probably say that time spent with the opponent in the air is better used pulling turnips if you cant follow with an up air. just depends how you weight the risk-reward of potentially giving up good positioning for a bit of extra damage.
True but it can potentially end in a kill if you can hit them just before touching ground and popping off a smash, or continue combo with ftilt or up tilt or an aerial.
And like I said, if your opponent really likes their dairs it can mess with them.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
if you do it too much though, theyll get used to it, and good smash DI will get them out of the combo. im pretty sure they can hit you before you have a chance to do an attack once you hit the ground if they have a quick aerial for combo breaking.

you definitely can get something like that to work every now and again, as i find myself sometimes comboing into dsmashes after recovering and hitting the opponent with the parasol. but coming from experience, dont expect it to be a reliable combo frequently

HelloAxi

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2938-6948-6908
Oh hey 3.5, i didnt see you there.
Forget this post.

Top Bottom