• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Powershield as a defensive option

j3ly

Smash Champion
We all know falcon gets his shield *****, can we explore the idea of lightshielding to escape pressure, and the idea of switching to a light shield with z between shines and aerials to punish?

what are our options in terms of powershield into huge punish? We all know how good our punish game can be, so what are our optimal punishes.

can somebody get into the lab and work on this? I would do so myself, but I don't have a CRT. Yet!

If we can convert sheiks ftilt into free punishes, or spacie pressure into a free punish, that'd be great.

Last edited:

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
http://smashboards.com/threads/options-out-of-powershielding.357994/

This thread goes over what kind of actions that can be done out of a powershield.

Lightshield can be used to escape pressure, but it is only worth it, when you have the space to do it so that you aren't pushed off stage and aren't forced to recover.

Gravy went over punishing shiek downsmash and ftilt on wizzrobe's stream but I am not sure if there is any form of video archive about it on twitch or youtube.

For downsmash you can shield -> shield di away -> buffer (full or short hop) jump with c stick-> avoid the second/multiple hit of dsmash -> punish freely

For Ftilt if you shield after cc percents -> buffer sh uair you can create an opening and punish , because at early percents its prone to cc punish from shiek

spacie shield pressure -> If you are confident with good shield di grab like s2j looooooool or shield di aerial oos with different timings/ wd oos/ well timed roll

vs falco with proper shield di I think its possible to avoid the shine during pressure

Weren't you a mario main at some point looooool

Last edited:

j3ly

Smash Champion
how does z-switching play into all of this?

can we use it to very reliably raptor boost falco dair or anything?

Top Bottom