• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power A wireless GC controller triggers

Mellsfunni

Smash Rookie
Hey all! I recently got the Power A wireless gamecube style controller for the switch, and I like it a lot. My biggest issue though is that, while a standard gc controller trigger will register any amount of pressure as a press, the Power A controller is designed to have a similar travel distance, but only has the digital input at the end. As a result, my shields are coming out later than intended and that can be frustrating.

I removed the springs for a bit, but it just doesn’t feel right. The triggers rest too close to the housing of the controllers, and they don’t pop back the same way.

What I’m looking for now, is to shorten the travel distance of the triggers, but keep the springs in place. I’m aware of things like trigger plugs for gc controllers, but I’m not certain that manufactured ones (such as those made by battle beaver) would fit in the triggers of the Power A controller. If they do, perfect! If not, I’d appreciate any advice on a diy fix. Thanks all!

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I don't know about a solution but I'd like to add that trigger plugs do not fit powerA GC controllers. Which makes the situation worse sadly.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
My solution (if money isn't an issue) is to just buy actual gamecube controllers.

Top Bottom