• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V: Why aren't you going to be there?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yes, yes, we know. You're already preparing the list of JOHNS of why you can't be there. I've heard it all before. You don't have a ride. You don't have money. You have school. You have court that day. You don't have a credit card.

Well guess WHAT! None of those excuses are going to fly with me! I want to hear why YOU aren't going to be at *Pound* V, and I'm going to happily tell you why that isn't a good reason. If you have a completely legitimate reason that I can't find you an option for (Family/Church stuff would be an acceptable reason), then that's ok, but for everyone else, I'm going to prove why your reasoning is bad.

Oh and by the way! I'm not just here to prove why it's bad, but to help accommodate you in any way possible! If you haven't noticed, I'm EXTREMELY arrogant but also helpful. I would love nothing more than for you to be there. This will be a new and amazing experience unlike anything you've seen.

So have at me.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
If you are able to go to Pound, you're not going to regret it. Travelling across the country for smash is really fun.

I'm going to see Godspeed You! Black Emperor on Pound 5 weekend, so I'm not going. My john is super legit.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
not all of us have money to spend :/
You know, it's either time or money. I have money to spend, but no time to get over to Cali. I will eventually though. If you get a group of friends together, you can make it affordable and helpful. There are people in the smash community that know how to get buddy passes to help your stay.

not all of us are good enough to justify traveling that far when we have plenty of competition around here to beat first.

:o
Well then step up your game! Don't you want to be the best! Now i'm not too familiar with the local scene, so I don't know the Melee/Brawl locals around here. But you have the best players in the world at your training disposal (at least on weekends, right) so use them!

If you are able to go to Pound, you're not going to regret it. Travelling across the country for smash is really fun.

I'm going to see Godspeed You! Black Emperor on Pound 5 weekend, so I'm not going. My john is super legit.
Every time I travel far for Brawl I have a blast. I can't wait to make a big trip to west coast some day.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Actually, only being 14 is a very legit reason. Since you can't fly alone.

As for me paying for people, well I'm not really interested on helping people who we know can help themselves.

However, I would like to work out a deal with one of your TO's on winning some *Pound* entries. Who would I need to talk to?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I'm going to WHOBO 3, which will be alot better.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
Actually, only being 14 is a very legit reason. Since you can't fly alone.

As for me paying for people, well I'm not really interested on helping people who we know can help themselves.
yeah dont do that
dj nintendo has owed me $250 for over a year now

However, I would like to work out a deal with one of your TO's on winning some *Pound* entries. Who would I need to talk to?
you should probably talk to whoever is running Dont Go Down There Jeff
thats our next regional i think

Zoap

Smash Master
i believe in olden days(sheridan days) u had to be 12 or older to fly alone. Now adays it wouldn't surprise me if u have to have a guardian at checkin for anything under 16.

Brian

Smash Journeyman
me and my sister flew together twice, i want to say 99/2000. i think she was 12 and i was 9/10

they were really accommodating on whatever we were flying. they had a like a special room we got to kick it in before the flight with books and ****. i just played pokemon the whole time im sure.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i first flew alone when i was 10

i don't see what 9/11 has to do with it; are younger kids more likely to be tarists? or more likely to attract tarists?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Well I know when Ultimate Razer went to APEX last year he turned 15 2 days before his flight- had he not he would not have been permitted on the flight. That's my understanding, at least.

Thanks for the info folks, I'll see what I can do for incentives.

As for DJ nintendo, well that guy owes a lot of people money now, lol. Hopefully he ends up paying.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
I have never ever played a single match offline because Idaho is a ****ing god-awful state in terms of Smash. So there's no point in me going when I have absolutely no offline experience.

Another thing is, like I said before, I live in Idaho. There's no way in hell I'd be able to travel by myself, and there's nobody here who plays this game competitively I could go with. ****, I can't even go to ****ing OR, WA, or CA tournies.

Top Bottom