• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V- Discussion, Donations, and Prevention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If they are honest about what they are charging and what each fee is for, I don't care how much they profit. If you charge a 20 dollars venue fee, pocket half of it and pay everyone out like you said you would, thats fine as long as they let everyone know you will profit.

TOs provide a service to the community and if they are overcharging, people won't be forced to attend or anything.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
You guys should sue. Plank stole your money.

A rules list can constitute a contract, I think he must have taken credit card payments like he did at IV, and there's years of precedent for such a transaction in a fighting game community. If maryland(virgina?) law is anything like kentucky law, then prize pools in game tournaments are totally legal and a contract involving one would be protected.

You really have a case.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You guys should sue. Plank stole your money.

A rules list can constitute a contract, I think he must have taken credit card payments like he did at IV, and there's years of precedent for such a transaction in a fighting game community. If maryland(virgina?) law is anything like kentucky law, then prize pools in game tournaments are totally legal and a contract involving one would be protected.

You really have a case.
Kind of late for this, its past that already. If he can prove he is truly broke, suing won't really do much good for people that need/want the money RIGHT NOW.

If he posts decent proof that he didn't pocket the money (which he really hasn't), I doubt anyone will sue him for being very stupid about financial decisions.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Whats the difference if they lied or didn't lie about the venue fee? You just said it doesn't matter if the TO makes money, as long as the payouts are good.
Of course its bad to lie about stuff like that, but if you don't care how much the TO makes then I don't really see a point in caring if they lie about something like that.
Explain. haha
My main point is that it's none of your business unless it 's outed that something dirty is going on. Then you can demand numbers

Pi

Smash Hero
I started to read this thread
but it's the exact same bias uninformed opinionated naive immature morons posting the exact same **** over and over like every thread on this incident.
So then I decided just to post this and never visit this thread again.

Milos

Smash Lord
I have read almost everything there is to read about this i think.

Everyone who is deeply perturbed by what happened here needs to take a week off from thinking about it.

I'm not saying let it go, but it's very clear that people are willingly fueling their own anger with the common negativity, whether or not in favor of plank.

IF and i mean IF everything happened the way plank says it did, and IF he follows through on his attempts to pay people back no matter how long it takes, then those who are still angry or hateful towards plank are money grubbing douchebags who need to get real jobs. Seriously if you're opting that plank plunges himself into a decade of debt just so that you can feel cool about being good at a video game, I can say in full confidence that you are a bad person. As in a rotten egg. And what i mean by that is that you are just inherently greedy and selfish and people who get to know you well enough probably don't like you. Seriously.

That said, if plank followed this mistake by LYING to hundreds of people online where it could easily be found by anyone, then he deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law and publicly humiliated etc.

Plank: if you really were stupid enough to pocket 2 thousand dollars or whatever, smashboards holds enough evidence to put your *** in jail where it belongs.

Please read this post carefully, and the second paragraph is VERY pertinent.

PS no one else really stood out to me, but this kid anti is pretty ****ing rude. Where do you get off posting your personal paypal in this thread? **** you.

SUMMARY: if plank is telling the truth about EVERYTHING, the people who are still trying to argue are ********.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Listen, I don't want anything BAD to happen to Plank, but he, as a member of this community for....7-8 years at least should know better than to lie. He definitely could've had everything actually taken, but until he shows us the actual numbers we have no way to know.

It's still dumb of him to have planned for the best case scenario considering, again, he's been in the community for at least 7 years. He knows people cram rooms, and he has probably done it.

Stupid stupid stupid...

*waits for numbers*

Milos

Smash Lord
Lol I don't want plank shot.... I think my point is that it would be REALLY dumb for him to even think that he could get away with embezzling 2Gs from the smash community, and such stupidity should be rewarded.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
CR4SH: I'm pretty sure GIMR agrees that this is an example of one of the dirty tournaments where you need to see all expenses. He is saying 'clean' tournaments, tournaments where the winners get what they were promised, shouldn't have any responsibility to show anyone anything because they delivered exactly what they said they would. That includes if they profited. "Venue fee" doesn't literally mean money just for the physical venue after all.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I don't see how people don't get that the hotel CHARGED his account.

Regardless of whether he wanted to pay the hotel, the hotel charged his account. It's not like he had a choice to not pay the hotel.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
TaFoKiNtS: Everyone gets that now. The question is simply if the amount they charged plus his other expenses is equal to or greater than his incoming money. According to Chibo's numbers they are not.

We simply want to see a list of expenses that total more than the incoming money. It shouldn't take very long to produce a list and it is hard to believe there hasn't been one produced yet with this amount of money.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I don't see how people don't get that the hotel CHARGED his account.

Regardless of whether he wanted to pay the hotel, the hotel charged his account. It's not like he had a choice to not pay the hotel.
The hotel charged him $15,077.56, and Plank confirmed this himself. All of the other fees are extra things (though there are a lot, but not enough to take up the rest of the entry money).

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong but, did he not have an advertised split before the tournament started? I.e. 50% to first, 30% to 2nd etc. Not 50/30/20/10(unless people dont get hotels).

Venue fee != entry fee.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
My post is in regards to people who are still ignorant and saying that Plaink willingly stole the money to pay the hotel funds.

Like everyone else, I am also awaiting a full expense/income report.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
What part of this isn't dirty? Plank stole the pot to pay his hotel debts.
CR4SH: I'm pretty sure GIMR agrees that this is an example of one of the dirty tournaments where you need to see all expenses. He is saying 'clean' tournaments, tournaments where the winners get what they were promised, shouldn't have any responsibility to show anyone anything because they delivered exactly what they said they would. That includes if they profited. "Venue fee" doesn't literally mean money just for the physical venue after all.
^^^^ exactly.

@Cr4sh you should never attack some one's post directly with out looking a few pages back for context

Big_R

Smash Champion
I would expect Plank to WANT to post all monetary info given how adamant he was with the whole OC3 fiasco. I remember him at the helm of that making threads and really going after those guys. For someone who seems to value justice so much I wonder why he hasn't been very clear with his own situation. I'm not being condescending I sincerely do wonder.

Jebril

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this seems like a troll post or a blatant accusation.

But I'm 95% sure Plank has stole at least some money from the prize money.

:|

Just saying.

Meaning he didn't have enough money to fully pay out winners but had leftover money and took it for himself.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Plank has been active, but hasn't posted since the 15th.
The longer you go without saying something the more guilty you will seem

I really hope he is unable to post due to other reasons, and not him actually stealing from the community

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I told you all from the start

but you wouldn't believe me

I called him out for all the stuff he did to me in the past and he literally denies it all with 1 simple statement. That man is a horrible person and doesn't deserve forgiveness. I think he is a thief and planned this from the start. There isn't even any mention of payouts in his pound5 thread. Some people are evil like him, and things like this shouldn't be taken lightly.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Humans are capable of everything after all, why wouldn't you do something for your own benefit right?? Regardless of the consequences... The mindset of the Self-Love people, **** that ****... I mean for example those guys that work as presidents or in multi-national corporations.. they don't give a **** about you, all they care is about themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom